For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Behind your Screen Name

Go down 
+8
SilensCaelum
imitationissuicide
SmashedBrother
BrightScales
waaar81
StarRoadWarrior
TALL-A
Forsaken Lament 44
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Behind your Screen Name Empty
PostSubject: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:46 pm

While some of us may know the reason, and some of us won't...this is the place to put it on the record! Here's my explanation...

Forsaken Lament 04

What does this mean? Well, it isn't that complicated really...the word Forsaken (to give something up) and the word Lament (sadness/regret) work to symbolize the need for people to give up regret and their iner sadness. Does it sound emo? slightly. BUT i think it has some meaning that all of us can apply to our lives...strangely enough, I thought it up at random when i was signing up for IGN way back before i even met any of you...and now it's my trademark! oh, and the '04' is my lucky number...4 is the number of the month(April) i met my girlfriend after all...

How about you guys?
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
TALL-A

TALL-A

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 am

most of u guys know but just in case u dont know Im 6'3 and my name is alex that and my boys in the state i used to live at called me that
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 am

cory yours is emo lol! jk

mine is easy its my name and geno is cool cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:38 am

I already explained mine in the old site but for the ones that don't know
I was making a mii who was supposed to look like wario but ended up looking more like saddam hussein so it became waaar (the waaar to be exact but I took off the "the" part)!!!

PS: Nice sig btw cory!!!
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:25 am

your names are all WAY too simple! C'mon, put some thought into it people! I remember your old names...

Jody-Hzman (what did that mean?)

Mustafa-Smashthem81(I'm assuming you were born in 81)

And my name isn't THAT emo!
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:35 am

well that one came out easily I thought of smash and what I would do to u guys so smashthem came from there and 81 is the plate number of the city where I live in Turkey (well in summer if I go to vacation)

PS Shouldn't u be working Boy !!!!
I will tell your supervisor!!
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:15 pm

hzman has a story for it. one of my favorite book is holes and if you have read it one of the characters in the book was Hector Zeroni and i liked the name because it was weird so i just made hzman as a code because at first i did not trust alot of you guys. but after the first site i trusted everyone more then put my real name.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:52 pm

ok my name is easy.,.. i have a pug..lol but to think i was going for yoshimaster121 how different would that have been?
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:58 pm

@Cory - Interesting topic.

Hmm, I choose SmashedBrother for several reasons. First off, I like to joke around a bit in a way that might make me sound just a little too high on my horse(The moon and hell come to mind, lol) so I choose the name to keep me from sounding too arrogant (I'm not really. I expect to be laughing at all the mistakes I'm going to make when Cory and I have our showdown as much as he probably will, lol..,never the less, You're going to be the man in the moon, Forsaken!!! Twisted Evil)

Second, it's unique - who calls themselves Smashed? lol.

Third and last, at the time I registered, clones were thought to be out, and since my main is Y.Link (still is, since I don't have Brawl yet Sad Mad ) and he's the only character I did well with (A one hour time limit on Wednesdays and Saturdays doesn't exactly give you much time to have several mains. My next best characters are Link and Marth and you could wipe me out with Pichu if I played either of them, lol) I thought I was going to used to wipe the floor with for a while (of course, since T.Link is even better, you guys had better watch out Twisted Evil I'm working on my Marth as well.)

A couple of other names I was considering were -

MacedonianKing
SeemoreDoless ( See more, do less. It sounds like a name, and it's as lazy as I am, lol!)
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:04 pm

@Pug-A-Lug--I like your names...it just suits you better! I mean, Yoshimaster is pretty good, but the name 'pugs' just describes you so well. Even knowing your real name, I still call you by your screen name...it just seems to fit you so much better!

@Smashed- Glad you like the theme....your name seems to fit well into the brawl theme...and no, it doesn't sound arrogant...lol I think you chose very well, although Macedonianking does sound pretty cool. I guess when you think about it, we all get used to people's screen names...and it's just so weird when people change them. Just think of me suddenly changing my name to something like...i don't know...smashmaster or something...it just doesn't fit right? i think most people call me Forsaken, and those who know me well simply call me Cory...these names just fit i guess.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:06 pm

oh and Waaar...thanks for the compliment...Skye did a nice job with it. Hey...in keeping with the whole Saddam Hussein theme, you should add him to your sig....now there was someone who loved waaar...lol
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:08 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
@Pug-A-Lug--I like your names...it just suits you better! I mean, Yoshimaster is pretty good, but the name 'pugs' just describes you so well. Even knowing your real name, I still call you by your screen name...it just seems to fit you so much better!

@Smashed- Glad you like the theme....your name seems to fit well into the brawl theme...and no, it doesn't sound arrogant...lol I think you chose very well, although Macedonianking does sound pretty cool. I guess when you think about it, we all get used to people's screen names...and it's just so weird when people change them. Just think of me suddenly changing my name to something like...i don't know...smashmaster or something...it just doesn't fit right? i think most people call me Forsaken, and those who know me well simply call me Cory...these names just fit i guess.

True. There are times when I almost forget my real name and start thinking my name is Smashed, lol.

btw. SmashMaster was another name I considered, although not as seriously as the others.

Oh, and I love the sig!
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:12 pm

lol you're right man! Sometimes i think my name is Forsaken too! I guess to some people, it really is. I know that when i register for chats, or even when i registered for this new site, I was very picky about how my name came up...if it was spelled incorrectly or was missing the '04' i would freak out...sadly, the '04' is missing on the chat for some odd reason...oh well.

Oh and thanks for the compliment...you should have skye make you a sig as well...
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:17 pm

Ya same thing here guys
Im so much used to Behind your Screen Name 883970 now that I used it everywhere (its ot alot but anyways)
And I hate it when there's a A missing in the name
Behind your Screen Name 883970 looks at imi (d) Arrow Shocked

Damn u Cory (forsaken "without 04") don't u have work to day!!!!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:18 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
lol you're right man! Sometimes i think my name is Forsaken too! I guess to some people, it really is. I know that when i register for chats, or even when i registered for this new site, I was very picky about how my name came up...if it was spelled incorrectly or was missing the '04' i would freak out...sadly, the '04' is missing on the chat for some odd reason...oh well.

Oh and thanks for the compliment...you should have skye make you a sig as well...

Amen to that, lol. When you first started calling me "Smashed" I almost corrected you before it occured to me that there was something remarkably...stupid about that Lol lol!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:50 pm

I also forgot to mention the Master Swordsman and SmartAlec(either one). It took me nearly a week to decide on SmashedBrother

Last edited by SmashedBrother on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:55 pm

it took me 5 min
Man your slow!!
Life is short u gotta be fast
Specially in brawl!! hehehe.........................he
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 5:54 pm

@Waaar - It's not like I sat at the computer a whole week trying to decide on my name, lol.
Back to top Go down
imitationissuicide

imitationissuicide

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:36 am

Before I even get into it, I wanna know if anyone wants the long story of how my name came into existence. It's long, so I don't wanna bore people to deathr OR we could just stick to the "Ralph Waldo Emerson inspired me" explanation which is way simpler lol. Your choice...
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:06 pm

@ImitationSuicide - Lol, you don't need to give the RWE explaination. I'm fine with a long explantion (see mine.)
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:34 pm

it would of been different if are names were different then what we are now you know?
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:35 pm

I dont get what u mean pugs!!!
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 pm

waaar81 wrote:
I dont get what u mean pugs!!!
like lets say my name was really yoshimaster121 ? it would have changed a lot.. like PUG_A_LUG would be history... every would never ask me what do you main? i might have never started using kirby t link jiggly or ice climbers!
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:43 pm

I know what you mean pugs... like what if my name was like Brittany or something?! No
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:43 pm

funny how these names have so much of an impact. I've noticed Skye hasn't disclosed her information yet!

@Smashed-I started Calling you smashed because I don't know your real name, and I'm not one to type out an entire name, (i don't expect you to type out 'Forsaken Lament 04' each time. However, I'm not sure if you want to divulge your real name, so i won't press you for it. I'll just contiue calling you 'Smashed'.

@Waaar-you're one to talk about work Mustafa!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

@Carlos-Tell us the ENTIRE story...your name may be the only one that has as much meaning as my own!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind your Screen Name   Behind your Screen Name Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind your Screen Name
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: FTW General Discussion :: The Living Room-
Jump to: