For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Top Three Animes

Go down 
+7
waaar81
Everlong
webweaver
SilensCaelum
StarRoadWarrior
firegremlin
Forsaken Lament 44
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 am

Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm not always on top of every anime out there, but from what i have seen, i think it's easy to choose my favorites. For me, it's all about style, meaning, character/plot development, nd music. I tend to like shorter animes, because they don't drag on and tend to possess at least a little stronger storylines. I also tend to like animes that are a little more on the mature side...some animes are just too goofy or childish for me. So here's my (temporary) list....i know some things will change because i'm in the process of watching a good anime (speed grapher) and want to watch an amazing one (Death Note).

3. DBZ/DB-While i don't care for anyof the episodes after the Cell saga, the anime was unforgettable for me as a kid...it just went on for too long.

2. Big O- Very stylish anime that had a dep, philosophical meaning, and a great story.

1. Cowbow Bebop- Absolutely brilliant anime. Short, deep story, great characters. Very stylish, every episode was amazing. Not to mention the best music of any anime in my opinion.

NOw i know i haven't seen a ton of animes like some of you may have, but from what i have seen, those have got to be my favorites...for now anyway...
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:39 am

well I've only ever seen one anime on TV as they aren't that popular in Scotland but that one was awesome cheers who can guess what it was?
~firegremlin~
(btw if Yu-Gi-Oh counts then it's two)
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:06 pm

my top 3

DBZ- i liked them all

pokemon- its getting really old now

yu gi oh- i liked the first one with the main person being yu gi not yugioh gx or whatever the new one is now
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:05 pm

I'm surprised they don't have any anime in Scotland...still, you can easily watch online...
Also, I think I'll change my lit...why did i put DBZ in my top 3?!

I think I'll say...

3. Naruto
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
2. Death Note
1. Cowboy Bebop

I took out DBZ because I liked it as a kid, but don't care much for it now. The battles were repetitive, and if you're looking for an anime with fillers, DBZ is number one...it was just ridiculous how long some battles lasted...and the anime simply dragged on forever...Nruto really isn't a whole lot better in that department, but i think the characters are slightly more interesting, as is the story.

My other notable animes:
Big O
DBZ
Speed Grapher
Outlaw Star
Tenchi Muyo
Trigun
Inuyasha
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell

Last edited by ForsakenLament 04 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:58 pm

I like these animes

Trigun:
Western + Anime = awesomeness. It's a really funny anime! However, it is very serious as well. It's rather short (about 26 episodes.) The characters are great.

Serial Experiments Lain:
Slightly messed up, but that is just how I like it. This anime really makes you think. The art style is great.

Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
webweaver

webweaver

Number of posts : 51

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:19 pm

my top 3 r .hack sign because it has my fav char's and my favorit story line

next is FLCL once again i love the char and the story

then intial D there to much to exsplain just watch it here it has cars lots of funny lots of awsome good stoy and Drifting wat more do u need?
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:57 pm

hmmm my favourite anime now are
1) Death Note - it's very good as cory has explained so I recommend it!
2) Naruto - eeryone knows it, what's more to say?
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:04 am

@ Gremlin- You have good tastes man...but you have to finish watching them before you can be sure they're your favs!

@Isaac- I watched .Hack a little bit and it seemed cool, but i could never keep track of it on Cartoon Network..and then they just cancelled it...>_> As for Fooly Cooly...i never knew what the hell was going on in that show...lol All i remember was that the girl was crazy as hell... geek
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:36 pm

@cory - yeah, I know that but when watching other animes, I just got bored and didn't watch anymore of it.
btw thanks to whoever put in pictures to all the animes - it looks much cooler now!
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Choosing only three makes everything hard for me. I have a ton, but I suppose I'll have to draw out the heavy hitters here; that and anime that has NOT been mentioned. Note that these are not in any particular order. I just simply like them all the same in their own unique way.

Claymore: Dark, gritty, and full of action is just how I like my animation from Japan. I highly recommended it, especially if you like twists in your story.

Eureka Seven: What can I say that hasn't been said from fans? It's simply a must-see! If you like deep, rich, captivating stories in your animations, you'll love Eureka Seven. Be sure to see it in English though; it does more justice to th character voices!

Neon Genisis Evangelion: It's a mecha genre and full of interesting characters. The art style may not be up to par with those of the modern age, but nevertheless, it's amazing

Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:37 pm

3. Serial Experiments Lain - Ok, I admittedly had no idea what was going on the first time I watched this. Suspect Utterly surreal but...I loved it. I love to analyze things, and this is certainly a topic I'd like to tackle someday; I think it deserves to be dissected.

2. Ah! My Goddess! - A stronger change of pace...there's simply something endearing about this simple romance between Keiichi and Belldandy that keeps me coming back to the two of 'em time and again. It never gets old to read their manga chapters, even if I've read them before.

1. Death Note - Kira and L are simply brilliant. I consider them the Japanese equivalents of The Joker and Batman, if I may be so bold. The entire series itself hinges on an interesting concept, and all of the characters seem alive and are colorfully unique.
Back to top Go down

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:09 pm

I've been meaning to watch Serial Experiments Lain for some time now. Unfortunately, time goes by fast its hard to breathe with all of the other stuff I got going on. Another thing that has been missed here on this topic that could make a difference; What is your prefered way of watching your top 3 anime? I watch them in both versions, but I do tend to start out in English dub format for some reason. I find no problems with it, however.

Also, webweaver mentioned .hack//SIGN as one of his favorites. I'm going to have to say "a definate watch" on that one. The music is so captivating as is the story. Loved .hack//SIGN a lot tough!
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Top three would be
DBZ
Bleach
Naruto
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
TrueDestroyer

TrueDestroyer

Number of posts : 26

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:40 am

1) FLCL
2) Cowboy Bebop
3) Excel Saga
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingaddicts.org
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Another Cowboy Bebop Fan...that's what I'm talking about. As for FLCL, I've seen it on and off several times, and I've never understood it! Maybe it's due to the fact that I've never watched all 6 episodes in a row, but I've never been able to fully grasp what it's about...it's so...well...crazy! I love the feel of it though...and the art's rather good too, especially in the one episode where everything turns to manga form...that was great...
Back to top Go down
Zotendo

Zotendo

Number of posts : 41

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:49 pm

1.One Piece
2.Dragonball/Z
3.Bleach
4.Samurai Champloo
5.Inuyasha
6.Fullmetal Alchemist
7.Naruto
I had to do seven...I like them all :3
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:13 pm

I liked Samurai Champloo except for one thing...I never watched all of it, but the episodes I DID see all seemed like they were the same! There was always some kind of brothel with a bunch of prostitutes, a couple of rival gangs, and gambling...I like the style of the art, and the music is awesome too...but it just got dull after a while! Hopefully the episodes I didn't see were better.

oh, and Inuyasha was great until the Band of 7 Arc ended...the rest was crap...another anime spoiled by fillers and a ton of BS.
Back to top Go down
Illiya

Illiya

Number of posts : 25

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Love all sorts of anime There's too many to choose from. But if I had to choose only three I'd go with Rurouni Kenshin (I got my name from a character in this anime), Trigun, and Claymore. Cowboy Bebop is a great piece but I chose to be different as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Ah, a Rurouni Kenshin fan! I remember watching it on Toonami waaay back when, but they cancelled it half way through! I never finished it, but I loved every episode I watched...
Back to top Go down

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:39 pm

SanoX wrote:
Love all sorts of anime There's too many to choose from. But if I had to choose only three I'd go with Rurouni Kenshin (I got my name from a character in this anime), Trigun, and Claymore. Cowboy Bebop is a great piece but I chose to be different as well. Very Happy

Yeah, Kenshin is what brought me into the realm of anime. Loved the action scenes and the story. I must say you have good taste in anime. I don't think anyone here has mentioned Kenshin, let alone Claymore as their favorites. I've yet to see Trigun though but my bro says its a damn good anime.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:19 am

Yes, pretty much everything about Kenshin is good...a samurai with a troubled past who flat out refuses to kill...god I wish I could see the last half. My girlfriend owns it on DVD, but we're busy watching Avatar right now, so maybe when we're finished with that...

As for Trigun, it's a good, albeit strange anime, that is actually similar to Kenshin in an odd way. "Vash the Stampede", as he is called, is a "killer" who's worth 60 billion double dollars, and everyone is out to get the bounty on him. Only problem is that he's not actually the killer everyone thinks he is, in fact, like Kenshin, he refuses to kill, although he's damn good at fighting. It starts off funny as hell, but gets pretty serious later on...as well as pretty bizarre.
Back to top Go down

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:02 am

Whew! It's so hard to choose who among all of my favorite animes should be at number 2. Surely my number 1 favorite anime is Naruto Shippuuden. This anime is the best among the rest! Great fighting scenes. Nice storyline with lots of twists. Incredible animation. Very adventurous too! Enough of Naruto Shippuuden. I have my final decision. Here's my top 3 animes.

1. Naruto Shipuuden
2. Fushigi Yuugi (even though they are gone now, I still love this anime, FOREVER!)
3. Yakitate Ja-Pan (love the twists, the foods were so yummy!)
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Well i only like kid anime so here you go:
1. Pokemon
2. Digimon
3. Yugioh
4. None
5. None

=P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top Three Animes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Three Animes   Top Three Animes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down