For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage

Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Empty
    PostSubject: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is my current project using Gamemaker, and by far my most advanced one. This uses animated sprites and is a side-scrolling platformer. In this game, you control Rambi, who is trying to rescue Donkey Kong after K. Rool has seized him, and is using DK to make clones to serve K. Rool. I will make continuous posts here about progress on the project if this topic gets replies. Now for some screens, captions are below the pictures:

Here is a screenshot of the first level. I'm going to keep the FG graphics, so please don't make your post something like "The fg sucks," or anything like that. I'd rather you criticize other aspects of the game. Anyway, each level has several rooms, so if you die, you reappear in the beginning of the room you are in.

Yes, you can actually ride Funky's barrel plane. You use it to avoid bees and koptors, ram into other enemies, trying not to crash, and even in one of the boss battles, while going at a high speed. You control it by moving it up and down. It always moves to the right at a high speed, and it can't stop until it passes a no-barrelplane sign. However, if you hold left, you can slow down the plane, making it easier to navigate.

Here is the first boss, which is Cranky Kong. Cranky wants his peace and quiet, that he has obtained when K.Rool kidnapped Donkey Kong, and will stop Rambi so he can enjoy it. This may look like an easy fight, but it's a little tricky.

In this level, Kackle follows you through his haunted mansion. Touching Kackle wont do any initial harm. However...

...Kackle starts to glow red over time. To prevent him from doing so, you need to touch the green plus sign barrels. If you don't touch one of these in a certain amount of time, he will instantly kill you, which is impossible to avoid. The more red Kackle is, the sooner he will kill you, unless you break a green plus sign barrel.

Rambi rides a high-speed minecart in this level. Jumping on bees will still kill you however.

There are going to be a bunch of DKC enemies in this game, as well as power-ups. A lot of those are already in the game, but are not disclosed. Please comment, I'll post my progress as long as this topic gets some replies.

Last edited by KingKlepto2 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:39 pm

looking really cool klepto but I should probably play DK country before this because I won't understand the references!
    ~firegremlin~
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:16 pm

I can understand how you got the level designs and layouts from the program you used, but how did you go about creating the characters? Particularly Rambi himself? Did the program come with default character models, or did you actually put them together yourself??
    Back to top Go down
    https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
    waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:52 pm

Ya I was wondering that too! Man I cant believe how you guys actually do all these stuff. It looks quite complicated too me lol! Well anyway good job. :tamamdis: Keep it up!
    Back to top Go down
    http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks for the comments, and sorry for the late response.

Forsaken: Gamemaker has a spritesheet function where you can assemble sprites to create animations. I set the sheet up so it could look like a real animation when moving. I don't think the program came with models.
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:12 pm

That's really very interesting Klepto. I'm not sure I could make my own game, but I think the notion of making your own Mario levels would just be amazing, I can only imagine how much fun that would be!
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:23 pm

You can use a tool called Lunar Magic to edit SMW ROM's, and it's easy to use. I don't want to derail the thread though, so I'll post a new screen.

These monochrome D.K.'s are actually clones. As stated in the first post, K. Rool kidnapped Donkey Kong in order to mass produce clones to help him with world domination. These clones can be killed with a single jump, however.

BTW, the Donkey Kong's appear to be floating, but it's because it's a screenshot. It looks better in the actual game.
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 pm

wow that's really very cool...and a great story idea as well...seriously, you should send this to nintendo or something...lol

oh, and is there any way you can do more to decorate the environment?
    Back to top Go down
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:56 pm

is there a program that you can post on here? that looks really good btw
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:59 pm

Jody: You mean the program I used to make it? If so, I used Gamemaker.

Anyway, the levels and bosses are done, but I need to touch up the game, add extra stuff, etc. For now, here's a picture of the title screen (I made everything in it with Paint.net).:

Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:53 am

looking cool - is the boss rush like boss battles?
    ~firegremlin~
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 pm

It's basically like the Boss Battles: You only have one life to beat the four bosses in the game. There IS a special prize at the end though.

Also, expect the game to be released very soon.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:22 pm

I just want to state that Rambi's Adventure is finally released. Please play and comment on it.
    Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:34 pm

well, the first thing I want to say is wow. I've used gamemaker before but I've never been able to produce something like this. hpow long did it take to comopletely finish? anyway, the highs: great music (*ahemmariocough*), vey imginative, I like all the different types of enemies, and the helicopter game based parts are very good. the lows: obviously the graphics, frame rate, rambi can suspend in mid-air just before a platform, bosses mabye a bit too easy
    overall this game is very good but I'd like to ask how many levels are there?

btw to everyone about to play this: kackle's mansion is quite hard especially as kackle is behind you the entire time and so you feel rushed, this is the bit I'm stuck on
    ~firegremlin~
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:10 pm

There are 15 levels in the game, and 4 bosses. The bosses get more challenging as the game progresses, though.
    Back to top Go down
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:46 pm

very nice king i do have to agree with fire but u did 1000 times better than i ever would do so keep up the good work
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)   Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rambi's Adventure (RELEASED)
    Page 1 of 1