For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

SSB4 ideas!

Go down 
+8
TALL-A
koopa_under_fire
Everlong
Forsaken Lament 44
firegremlin
SmashedBrother
StarRoadWarrior
BrightScales
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 pm

@ Emerald-The idea of "evolving" characters is actually kind of neat, especially if they incorporated the experience point system of a Call of Duty variety into a future brawl game. Just imagine, gaining experience points every time you brawled, leveling up your character....I think it could be rather epic, actually.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
@ Emerald-The idea of "evolving" characters is actually kind of neat, especially if they incorporated the experience point system of a Call of Duty variety into a future brawl game. Just imagine, gaining experience points every time you brawled, leveling up your character....I think it could be rather epic, actually.

I've actually thought about something vaguely similar awhile back, based on Tales of Symphonia for those of you who know it. (I have mixed feeling about the game, but it definitely would have been cool to have either Lloyd or Kratos in the game IMO Smile )

Basically, when you use a special move a certain number of time in one life, it levels up (i.e. Demon fang changes to double demon fang.) I started to make a profile a couple of years ago (sheesh....it's been a while hasn't it?) I'lll try and dig them up along with a few others if anyone is interested.

P.S. I don't think an RPG type experiance system would happen with Besides the obvious difficulties the devolpers would have implementing it, it's more likely to become a pain in the neck than anything else IMO. It totally takes away the interest of trying a different character just for the fun of it that makes SSB so fun.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:32 am

If you want to keep Brawl's online mode "casual" then you leave it as it is. If you want to appeal to more hardcore gamers, then you implement a CoD experience points system which forces you to play with people of your level (if it's not a private match) and involves leveling up, possible evolution, or at the very least, more choices as far as Final Smashes (possibly more than one, with varying degrees of damage) and other special abilities. From the casual gamer's point of view, this wouldn't be a good thing, as they eventually level up, no matter how poorly they played, forcing them to go head-to-head with increasingly difficult opponents. Also knowing Sakurai, this is unlikely to happen.

Still, such a system would be great in my opinion. It would give online gamers more to strive for, and would likely have WAY more options such as leaderboards, voice support, ability to 'friend' people you play with, or in other words, it would bring Brawl's online into the modern world...not good for casuals, but great for those of us who love to brawl.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:51 am

Oh, whoops.

So, I read about three posts into the last page on this thread and saw people responding to ben10's comments. I skipped over the rest of the comments and figured it'd all be the same stuff. Only after I had finished the rest of my post did I scroll back through the posts to see that SmashedBrother had steered us back on topic.

Even though it's off topic, I just spent about an hour on and off working on this post. I'll wrap it in spoiler tags for anyone who wants to waste a good 15 minutes they could be using to watch the Portal 2 trailers over and over again. If an admin or moderator feels the need to remove the content from this thread, at least only remove what's in the spoilers.

Anyway, to at least be somewhat on topic for a few moments, I think I still have an old character design profile for a SSB4 character lying on one of my desktops somewhere. But I'm pretty sure I'd want to revise a lot of it since I last worked on it in 09.

I will also say to anyone sharing ideas: Please try and not liken a new character, stage, item or whatever else to another, pre-existing something of the same type. Saying that Stage X will be like Stage Y — and sometimes not even bothering to put in something that makes it unique — really doesn't make it sound that interesting at all.

The one exception I will make to this is what I did in my character profile for Amaterasu. The attacks can be likened somewhat; the standard attacks, I mean. Special attacks should not be given a comparison at all; they're what make the character completely unique; and if they are like someone else's special move, then what's the point of even trying to defend the profile from people (like me) who would argue that it's just a clone?

So, below you'll find my original post that was based upon ben10's posts, but not like everyone else's posts were the same old rebuttals. Least, I think not.

I know we need to respect other users, but does it have to apply to guests that intentionally antagonise?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
emerald338

emerald338

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:19 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

As forsaken lament said... The online exp thing would be great, so you can increase yourlevel to play with more advamced people or mainly for bragging rights..... But i think the exp bar should have no acual effects on the in game....its mainly for online play and bragging rights...... And i think it should be for an online profile more than an individual charcter thing to get people to try a wide range of charcters.....i also find the online mode too casual beacuse most of the time you play with novices who have no idea what do...because your not able to choose to play with people of certan levels.... sort of like monster hunter tri....

Another thing........I think SSB4 shoudl be made for Wii or whatevers coming next AND for a portable system.....eg. 3DS
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:42 pm

I don't see any reason to edit Roy's post, but let's try and move on now.

@Roy - I don't ask (or expect) anybody to respect trolls that come on the site, but if you reply, please stay polite just so that other members don't have to wade through it.

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
If you want to keep Brawl's online mode "casual" then you leave it as it is. If you want to appeal to more hardcore gamers, then you implement a CoD experience points system which forces you to play with people of your level (if it's not a private match) and involves leveling up, possible evolution, or at the very least, more choices as far as Final Smashes (possibly more than one, with varying degrees of damage) and other special abilities. From the casual gamer's point of view, this wouldn't be a good thing, as they eventually level up, no matter how poorly they played, forcing them to go head-to-head with increasingly difficult opponents. Also knowing Sakurai, this is unlikely to happen.

Still, such a system would be great in my opinion. It would give online gamers more to strive for, and would likely have WAY more options such as leaderboards, voice support, ability to 'friend' people you play with, or in other words, it would bring Brawl's online into the modern world...not good for casuals, but great for those of us who love to brawl.

I almost entirely agree with the second half of your post. SSB needs some significant online improvments and I'd love to have a leaderboard.

Just as an aside, I'd like to see a scoring system similar to timed matches rather than just listing KOs. It'd be more accurate and keep the skill levels realistic..... Just my 2c. Smile

The one part that I don't care much for is leveling up characters. I enjoy playing random characters from time to time, and having them at level zero would be...discouraging to say the least. Besides, they obviously were having trouble keeping the special moves and Final Smashes unique already, (Ike & Link anyone?) even without giving multiple options per character,

Last edited by SmashedBrother on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 am

Any sort of online system they could come up with will inevitably be compared to LIVE and PSN and they know it. If they're going to revamp their current system for the next generation, they will be unable to be taken even half-seriously and keep up if they don't take points from those two.
Back to top Go down
TALL-A

TALL-A

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:48 am

well better finish what i started
(knuckles continued)

up B: spiral upper- for those of u who didnt know this knuckles had this attack in sonic adventure 2 battle but this is my improved version, knuckles does a spinning upper cut that if u hit someone in the begining of the move does major damage. think of it as luigies up B with style worthy of the name........SHORYUKEN!!!!!! HAHA sorry had to throw that out their.
Down B: dig/drill dive- another knuckles signature attack. he digs in the ground but their is a catch he cant do it on platforms for example in the stage battlefield the three platforms their he cant dig in that type of platform, once you dig you can see his shadow press B again to pop out with an uppercut,if used in the air he will spinn down (in sonic adventure 2 style) and will dig when he touches the ground (unless its on a platform he well just land) and if he lands on an opponint it will act as a impact smash or whatever its called when and serten air attacks hit their opponints straight down. and when it hits knuckles will bounce of the opponints headand into an normal air position.
final smash: Master emerald power/echidna shock wave or knuckle slam (havent decided whitch one yet you decide)- knuckles calls oppon the master emerald giving him power he is in a bubble of energy he starts to fly up and charges his fist you can press A to make him drop he will slam his fist to the ground and make an enormas earth quake and all of his unfortanant opponints who are on the ground when he slams his fist down will take damage (you have to time your jumps to avoid it) and he will fly up again to repeat the prosses the more you let him charge the more damage the attack will do ( the maximum charge damage is 45% he will automaticly drop when at maximum power),but be aware you will hit the place u started the attack so make sure when u do it in the air you have ground to hit. based an sonic and sega all stars racing

Shadow the hedgehog:some may think we will have the same move set as sonic......wrong not on my watch. however like sonic he is a fast charicter, second fastest actually(sorry caption falcon) he doesnt fight like sonic with mostly spin dash moves, (if i had my choice sonic wouldnt have so many spin dash like moves.) he uses of coures regular shadow like fight moves with an array of chaos powers, ( no he wont have guns or explosives...thats snakes thing) a couple of his attacks are based off of mewtwo's move set.

B:chaos spear- we all know this would be in it. its a basic charge and blast move that does electric damage kinda. chaos spear this is based on sonic the hedgehog 06 shadow's chaos spear.maximum charge damage probably 23% and it woulnt make the opponint fly however it will stun them.
Side B:spin dash- its the only move that is like sonics well we know how it works.
up B:chaos control- it will be like mewtwo's up B but with longer range
down B: chaos counter/ chaos reflect-he well get in an deffensave stance saying"their's no time for games", its a counter like attack once your opponit hits him he teleports behind him and does a high kick and send him flying whil saying"pathetic", if a projectile hits him during the move he simpily kicks the projectile back.
final smash:super shadow ('duh' right?)-he has the seven chaos emeralds and transforms into super shadow however its not like sonics, shadows final is shorter and slower than sonic's and and if you ram somone it dosint make them fly like sonics however you can throw chaos spears at opponints whitch do trumindous damage. based of of sonic the hedgehog 06 super shadow.

silver the hedgehog:his move set is different then his fellow hedgehogs. he is defanantly slower than the two but he hits harder not as hard as knuckles though. he uses his array of psycokenessis (dont know if i spelled that right ) moves agenst the enemy. and hes able to fly like peach when you hold down the jump button. and his throws ar really powerful as well.
B:psycik hold-he is able to hold ant item or even enemy projectioes with his teliconitic ability. he can hold up to five items or projectiles( excluding smashballs and assist trophies) and press b again to throw them back.however after five things silver is vonerable and any more items and projectiles thrown will hit him and if he keeps holding on to the items for a long time he well wear out and drop the items and he well stand their catching his breath making him vonerable to attacks.
side B: psyco shock- silver will do a cross chop and mildly damage and shock his opponents living them stuned for a few seconds.
up B: levetate dash- silver quicly dashis uppward or anny direction you chose damaging any one who gets in his way.
down B: psyco rise( cant think of a better name)- silver puts his hands on the ground and makes a peace of the groung levetate in front of him hithig enemies and it acan even be used as a sheild to repell attacks.
final smash: phyco finisher- silver has the chaos emeralds and transforms into super silver and he produces a light shield and any enemies caught will be traped in it and the they get shocked and takes 27% of damage and then silver throws them in random directions. bacicly once you are traped its an instant K.O.

and well thats how i would do it when it came down to sonics charictors
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: SSB4....Will it be made?   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:38 pm

So....do you think that Nintendo is finished with the Smash bros Series or not?

I'll share my thoughts later.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:40 pm

I think it's going to come sooner or later. While Masahiro Sakurai said he wouldn't return for a fourth Super Smash Bros. game, I think its creation is something that's inevitable. Super Smash Bros. sells tons of copies; it's profitable and Nintendo loves their sequels. Sooner or later, we're going to get a 4th game even if the creator isn't the director of the project. Whether or not that's a good thing, however, is of course up for debate. Then again, Sakurai-san said he wouldn't return for a 3rd game either...

If it is made, it's hard to say what platform it'll be on - either the Wii's successor or perhaps even a move to the new 3DS would be interesting. Nintendo has not opted to get a fighting game series (as far as I know) for the DS and a flagship franchise to headline it while we wait for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS would be cool. Hard to say how you'd work out a control scheme though.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Well, looks like we have an answer...the only question is when...and what will it look like. I'd LOVE to see some more 3rd party characters this time around, especially from Capcom. I am weary though of the Wii U's controls...I just can't imagine playing a Smash game on that huge controller! I'll keep an open mind, but I can't say I like the prospect.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 10:11 am

@Forsaken - I think you mean "wary". Else that's you saying you're tired of Project Espresso's control scheme before it's even come out *pedantic*

Jody and I have indeed had some discussion on the subject; guess who he really wants to see make an appearance. Although he's also mentioned how he's given thought to Paper Mario as a character.

Me personally, I'd be keen to see Mega Man in there, as well as (of course) Amaterasu.

Thinking about the controls, I realise that this while it will likely have multiple control options as with Brawl, the Gamecube controller cannot be one of them this time. Closest we'd get is the Classic Controller Pro.

The thing that really interests me, though, is the 3DS. It's already happened in SSFIV; Street Pass to gain more and more trophies. That is a big plus for me.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:03 pm

frozentreasure wrote:
Me personally, I'd be keen to see Mega Man in there...

To be honest, if there's a single 3rd party character outside of (similar to Sonic) Nintendo that 'deserves' to be in, I think it's almost certainly Mega Man. I'm honestly surprised Capcom had no representation in Brawl. Sakurai recently stated that he's not at all opposed to adding in characters from the Capcomverses, either. He basically just stated it was a definite possibility and that 3rd party characters (and 1st and 2nd party as well) are accepted or rejected on the grounds if they can be worked into Super Smash Bros.' distinct style.

Personally, I hope they keep Snake and Sonic in SSB4, if for no other reason than I don't see a real reason to get rid of them.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 12:52 am

I could be mis-remembering, but I thought that Sakurai said that Capcom would be working on the next Smash as well? Regardless, Megaman certainly stands out as a great pick. I don't see any reason for either Sonic or Snake to be removed. Seriously, they're both popular characters and now veterans. Why?

If there's one single change I could make to the series though, I would give Ganondorf a unique profile. Seriously why make one of Nintendo's biggest villains a clone?! Of Capt. Falcon, no less?!?!?! You might as well make Bowser a clone of Ness! [/rant]

Anyway, I can (and will Very Happy) write a long list of characters I'd like to see in the new Smash, but for now, I'm more curious about how the series is going to change. SI'm sorry to any fans of the idea, but I'm really leary of the thought of experience points. I've never been a fan of grinding, which is all that leveling up would add. Neutral

Just of the top of my head, I can't think of how the controller could make much of a difference, barring a seriously major change......

My 0.2 for now.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:24 am

I can see Megaman...but I definitely want Ameratsu and some Resident Evil Representation...Wesker Vs. Snake anyone?

Oh, and down with the freakin' clones already! Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:03 am

SmashedBrother wrote:
I could be mis-remembering, but I thought that Sakurai said that Capcom would be working on the next Smash as well?

As far as I know, in terms of this Smash game, Sakurai has only said that it doesn't exist yet, and won't be worked on for at least a few years. First thing's first: Kid Icarus.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:50 pm

@Roy - Okay, not thinking again. Still, I did think that Sakurai mentioned the possibility at least?

@Forsaken - Actually, while I didn't think much of the clones on Melee generally, I like they were they were implemeneted in Brawl, as semi-clones so to speak. They add a bit of extra flexiblity. There a quite a few characters whose original version I don't care for, yet I play the clones all the time.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:02 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
I could be mis-remembering, but I thought that Sakurai said that Capcom would be working on the next Smash as well?

The only way that Capcom will work on the next SSB is if a Capcom character (or characters) are represented within the game itself. Until Mega Man and/or company get in, they'll be staying out. Then again, Sakurai announced SSB4 in the first place to potentially attract people to get on board the project. So, I guess, who knows who'll sign up.

SmashedBrother wrote:
Regardless, Megaman certainly stands out as a great pick. I don't see any reason for either Sonic or Snake to be removed. Seriously, they're both popular characters and now veterans. Why?

I think it generally stems from the whiny 'NINTENDO CHARACTERS ONLY!!!' crowd. I'll never understand them, honestly. Mega Man would indeed be a great character to add. If we do another 3rd party company, though, I'm not sure who that'd be. Square-Enix, perhaps? Not sure who they'd contribute, though. Geno would be pretty awesome, but, honestly, I think there are two many Mario characters in anyway; though I make exceptions for the actual spin-off series (DK and Wario).

SmashedBrother wrote:
Anyway, I can (and will Very Happy) write a long list of characters I'd like to see in the new Smash, but for now, I'm more curious about how the series is going to change.

Haha, I'd definitely like to see who you'd pick. Honestly, I hope they add in more retro/one hit wonder characters. The franchises are nice, but I'm not sure where you can go with them. I think an Animal Crossing character is probably due at this point, though, as a given. After all, its series already has symbol representation.

SmashedBrother wrote:
I'm sorry to any fans of the idea, but I'm really leary of the thought of experience points. I've never been a fan of grinding, which is all that leveling up would add. Neutral

The impression that I got from the interview with Sakurai and Iwata is that the 3DS version might be more experimental with new concepts than the Wii U version. I think they also sort of rejected the notion of experience points as they're not sure how that would really work.

Forsaken Pride 44 wrote:
I can see Megaman...but I definitely want Ameratsu and some Resident Evil Representation...Wesker Vs. Snake anyone?

I'm not really sure how well RE would fit into the aesthetic of SSB, really. I mean, granted, it was hard to see with MGS, but they did manage to play up the comedic aspects of the series. RE, except for early cheesy voice acting, has never really been about this.

Though, perhaps, I can see, for example, if they expand the idea of assist trophies to include characters from the company that 3rd party fighters are from. So, say, for Sega, a Phantasy Star character or something. Or for Konami, I'd love to see Simon Belmont as an assist trophy.

While I can't see an RE-specific character appearing, I can see maybe zombies from the series making an appearance. Maybe an event match where you have to fight off a hundred or something?

Forsaken Pride 44 wrote:
Oh, and down with the freakin' clones already! Sheesh.

I'm actually fine with clones as long as they're like Luigi - similar, but just different enough to make them unique. I agree it's a bit tiring, though. I honestly want Falco gone - at least Wolf plays differently!
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Everlong wrote:
Then again, Sakurai announced SSB4 in the first place to potentially attract people to get on board the project.

Well, no, Iwata (or Reggie? It was 3 a.m for me) announced it to get fans and investors hyped. Just like with last time, he announced a game that doesn't exist. At least this time, it seems he actually talked to Sakurai before the conference. Or at least wrote an email saying "we're doing another Smash Bros, kthnxbai!"
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:48 am

Of course when talking about 3rd party characters, we do have to think about incorporation. Snake did work but maybe an RE character would be a bit of a stretch...especially with zombies which might make the game a bit more mature than Sakurai would like. Still, I would like to see RE represented if Capcom were included, though I think Megaman or Ameratsu would be easier to incorporate.

In regards to clones, they were fine if they did the clone character justice. Luigi was fine, but Ganondorf could have been better. Everyone complains about the sword only appearing as a taunt, and for good reason. One of the baddest villains in videogame history deserves better representation.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:58 am

@Everlong - Thanks for the interest! Since we're on the topic of Ganondorf already, here's a profile I made for him some time back....actually, it was a year before Brawl came out. Time sure flies! My apologies if it gets confusing - It was actually one of the first posts I had written, and by far the most elaborate. (Now back to our feature presentation Wink )

As I said earlier, I had REALLY been hoping for Ganondorf to be a unique character this time (who didn't?) and I had hoped Ganon would be a Down-B transformation, (stops rant) Here's the profile (Sakurai really should hire me next time Very Happy )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ganondorf

Features -- Sages' Sword(Of course), Moderate leaning on heavyweight(Just a little heavier than Link.). His aerial down attack is kept from Brawl & Melee.

Special Moves --

B: - Shock (chargable) - This is the move he uses on Link at the drawbridge scene in Oot and Zelda uses in TP. It's a little slower than ZS Samus's stun gunbut deals serious damage and briefly leaves an opponent vulnerable for more. Uncharged, it's just a static shock, (5% damgage) but fully charged it holds the target for a couple seconds and gives 40%, after which opponents (or unlucky teamates with FF on) fall freely down. (Think of the animation when Link gets electrocuted in TP) If you are hit with an attack while being held, you'll still take damage but you won't be knocked back.

Side B: - Sorcerer's Wind - Based of his annoying attack on OoT. Ganondorf simultaneously sends forth three gusts of dark wind that automatically target a nearby opponent (think Pit's arrows controlled by a computer.) Ganondorf is briefly vulnerable both before and after the attack.

An alternative I considered before creating Ganon's profile below - Phantom Horse - Kind of like Wario's motorcycle he'll summon his horse and you can charge at any foes.

Up :B - Spinning Hack - Anyone remember on TP how he would jump up and when he landed he would do a spin attack? Same thing just he hacks up while he jumps.

Down B: - Ganon transformation - (See below)

Ganon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Features -- Massive Heavyweight, Demon Pig from Oot (NOT the boar from TP.) He wields the traditional trident rather than two swords, however.

Special Moves

B: - Paralyzing Glare - Ganon is capable of paralyzing foes for a short time, in a more useful version of Mewtwo's Hypnosis. You can charge it briefly to increase range and stun time.

Side B: - Flaming Trident - Taken from A Link to the Past, Ganondorf throws his trident controlling it's flight through the air, wreaking havoc (and leaving flames behind drunken ) wherever it goes.

Up B: - Warp - He vanishes through a portal and reappears again in desired direction

Down B: - Ganondorf transformation.

Final Smash - Ganondorf's Wrath - Remember the blazing head he appeared as to Zant? Well this is what happens when you get a Smash Ball (Note: Ganondorf and Ganon might possibly have two seperate Final Smashes. I couldn't think of a second one however, so I'm just leaving it at this for now)

Ganondorf lifts his triforce hand. The triforce, glowing fiecly, enlarges to hide Ganondorf from view, and then shinks back to land on his forehead. He is now the giant flaming head he materialized to Zant as in TP. He starts out huge, but is slowing shrinking as the Smash continues. When he shrinks to a certain point, the Final Smash ends.

During this time, he gains new powerful special moves, but as he uses those abilities he begins to shrink much faster. If he shrinks too much the FS will end. His new special moves become weaker the smaller he is.

B: - Enlarge - Ganondorf will expand significantly, but you shrink much faster. Best used when your already small and you need that size.

Side B: - Bolt of Flame - This shoots a huge ball of fire in front of Ganondorf. His least powerful move it shrinks him the least

Up B: - Pillar of Fire - Just like it sounds Ganon turns into a pillar of Flame.

Down B: - Meteor - You know that when you tie on a timed match and you are fighting sudden death Bob-ombs will start raining down? Same thing but with meteors. It only affets the nearby area though.

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:02 am

Oh my gosh...did you post that on IGN??? I remember reading it back in what? 2008?...what a great post, I think that would be an AMAZING version of Gannondorf...
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:17 am

Forsaken Pride 44 wrote:
Oh my gosh...did you post that on IGN??? I remember reading it back in what? 2008?...what a great post, I think that would be an AMAZING version of Gannondorf...

Thanks for the compliments, my friend! I have to admit I'm kind of proud of this one.

Yup, I originally posted that back on IGN, though with several key differences. I replaced the dark horse with "Sorcerer's Wind" and edited the post to make it significantly easier to read.....at least, relatively speaking.

You've also read it earlier than that too, most likely. Very Happy I've posted here at least one time before. It's my personal favorite profile, and the only one saved when my hardrive went down last month, by virtue of being on the wrong file, which just so happened to be salvagable. Go figure. Shocked

Last edited by SmashedBrother on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:01 am

Wait…I just tried to look back at that thread. "SSB4 Ideas" was the thread title; and it looks like it's been deleted since I last checked a couple of months ago.

…Help?
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:17 pm

@Fors: That's a rather good point, to be honest, in regards to clones. I think Luigi was understandable because he's not really had many of his own spin-offs. However, I do hope they give him a more unique move set with the advent of Luigi's Mansion 2 and even stuff from the Mario & Luigi games. Ganondorf is indeed inexcusable, however, cool as Captain Falcon is.

As for Capcom - well, you're probably right that the zombies are not what Nintendo would do. Granted, it COULD get upped to T, perhaps, if they didn't make them too gruesome looking. Mega Man and Amateratsu do sound like better fits, of course. Then again, as far as other characters go, I'm not even sure. Wouldn't Viewtiful Joe be a possibility as well? His games' style looks like it could mesh pretty well with SSB's. But if RE did get a rep, somehow, I'd think it'd be Jill Valentine. After all, she was done in the Marvel vs. Capcom games and I'd think she'd be iconic enough to warrant an appearance. Of course, Wesker is iconic as well and I'd like the series to have more villain characters in it...

@SB: Very cool move list, though I'm rather wary personally of using the sword as part of his move list. While it is cool looking, there are many other characters in the series that also use swords (Ike, Marth, Link, Meta-Knight, Toon Link). That's five already. While it wouldn't be his main attack, obviously, I still don't think I'm too keen on it.

However, I really do like the move list change that you included for his transformation into Ganondorf's Wrath (wouldn't that be wraith, actually?). Other than that, not too much else to say other than I want to read even more. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSB4 ideas!   SSB4 ideas! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SSB4 ideas!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: Consoles and Platforms :: Nintendo Games and Consoles-
Jump to: