For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

If you want to be introduced to new music...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

If you want to be introduced to new music... Empty
PostSubject: If you want to be introduced to new music...   If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:10 pm

...then check out these sites out (They are in order of my satisfaction with them, the highest is my favorite).

Pandora
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Availible To: Residents in the U,S, only, due to some music royalty fees.
This is an epic online radio that introduced me to a lot of bands. You enter the name of a song or artist, and the program finds songs that are like it. This may sound ridiculous, but it actually works. The program uses analyzed features of songs and matches them of with other features. You can skip songs, but only six per hour (for each station). I've been introduced to so much music with it (If you look at my topic of unknown bands, most of the bands on that giant list I posted were introduced to be by Pandora.

Last.Fm
Availible To: Everyone
Last.Fm is like Pandora in the way that it has a radio that plays music similar to other artists. Instead of Pandora, it matches songs together by tags that users put it. You enter an artist or tag, and it plays songs with similar tags. It's very reliable, and it introduced me to quite a few great bands. Also, unlike Pandora, you can play the songs on demand, and you have unlimited skips.

Musicovery
Availible To" Everyone
Musicovery is not similar to the other two sites I posted. You give your genre of choice and your mood, and it plays music pertaining to the two factors you gave it. It hasn't helped me much, but if you don't like the other two programs, you should try this.
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: If you want to be introduced to new music...   If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:38 am

Awesome Klepto. I listen on pandora all the time. I discovered like 50 new bands with that site alone.
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller

PostSubject: Re: If you want to be introduced to new music...   If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:13 pm

Yeah, Pandora is helped me a lot with music. Now, two more sites.

StumbleAudio
This band only has indie bands (Which are mostly unknown). You can look up popular artists as well as browse by genre.

Meemix
This is a radio similar to Pandora, but with unlimited skips. Also is more like a social newtork site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you want to be introduced to new music...   If you want to be introduced to new music... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you want to be introduced to new music...
Page 1 of 1