For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Has Nintendo Failed You?

Go down 
+2
StarRoadWarrior
Forsaken Lament 44
6 posters

Has Nintendo Failed You?
Yes
Has Nintendo Failed You? Vote_lcap43%Has Nintendo Failed You? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
No
Has Nintendo Failed You? Vote_lcap57%Has Nintendo Failed You? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Back

AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Has Nintendo Failed You? Empty
PostSubject: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 am

It's a simple question: after the horrible lineup Nintendo has offered this year(with virtually no hard-core games after Brawl, which released in MARCH), has Nintendo failed you? They have neglected almost all of their franchises, and hardly been creative with games.

To their credit, they have a strong linup of games in 2009, but almost all of the good titles 3rd Party ones! They say they are working on things, but judging by Nintendo's poor performance this year, it's hard to get your hopes up.

I say yes.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:20 pm

(fanbooy mode)

just freak out why dont u cory lol. i say nintendo has not failed me. for the simply reason that im not a strong hard core gamer. i guess u could say that im a mixed gamer. one thing that may have hurt the line up is the fact that nintedo is also going strong with the ds which for this year has better games than the wii right now. its like its in a mode right now. one year the wii is doing great then the next its the ds. cut it a little slack. the next yearS will be great

short on time post more later

edit: back to post more

the games are not the best this year but that does not mean that nintendo has failed me. what HAS failed is the VC and the wii ware games the last game that i got on the VC was mario rpg so that is REALLY lacking right now.

also a TRUE rumor nintendo IS working on a Wii2

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:04 pm

I would have to say no cuz I wasnt waiting for awesome games from N other then brawl and a few others. I was however disapointed on how much time t took for 3rd party to make GOOD games and original/exclusive ones! Cuz you gotta admit most of the games were made by N, atleast at the beginning and 3rd party only started making decent games and thats from who I am waiting for hardcore games (conduit better be good)
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
TALL-A

TALL-A

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:06 pm

yes and no for me i got my reasions
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:37 pm

Well the funny thing waaar, is that all of the first good games were made by Nintendo...but look at it now! The best games are coming from 3rd parties! Here's the list:
-The conduit
-Madworld
-House of Dead
-Tales of Symphonia
-Arc Rise Fantasia
-Fragile
-Little King's Story
-Guitar Hero World Tour
-Call of Duty: World at War
Lets compare this to nintendo's so called "hardcore" lineup:
-Animal crossing
-Wii Sports Resort
-Pikmin 3
-Wii Music

If Nintendo has anything else in store, they haven't announced it, and they're leaving everyone to suffer through this drought....on the flip side, look at the 260! It gets AAA game releases monthly, while nintendo fans have to wait for months or even years...it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness...
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:06 pm

it is funny that u mention it that when the wii came out that the major problem was all the Nintendo games and not very many 3rd party games. now 2 years later its more 3d parties and not a lot of Nintendo games
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Lol, you took the words right out of my (keyboard), Jody!

While this probably doesn't mean much, coming from someone who's still looking forward to Brawl, Metroid Prime Corruption, Mario Galaxy, and so many others, here's my two cents -

Nintendo hasn't "failed" me. I'm a little disappointed that the pace has slowed down, but anyone who's looking for Nintendo's Armaggedon has a loooong time to wait....

One of my uncles (who likes video games nearly as much as I do) put it pretty well - Nintendo makes fewer games, but it makes better games.

Nintendo's "casual" theme is leaving a LOT to be desired, but Nintendo is still my first choice
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:15 am

I agree with you for the most part Smashed, but the problem is that they've STOPPED making quality games....Wii Music was a bust by most everyone's account, and Animal Crossing was a quick combination of the first and second games...these are quick, and lazy attempts at games, unlike the marvelous work they did with Galaxy or Twilight Princess, and it's unlike Ninendo in general.

I suppose my greatest fear is that the Wii will be a victim of its own success and cause Nintendo to give up on putting effort into games...after all, why should they if a crappy game will bring them millions??
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Well I think if you look strategicly (cant even spell the word lol) well Nintendo did great. Since it was a new concept it was hard to make games for 3rd partie's because they didnt really know the capacity of the wii and didnt know if it would be worth to sacrifice so much time in trying to do one. So Nintendo released most of his popular and good games in the early stages to show what the wii could do and the concept of his console and also get high console sales early on o prove that it would be worth it. And now since 3rd partie's are kinda used to it and making alot more games beacuse of the popularity N doesnt need to make so many games as in the beginning anymore.

I think the last part is where people got disappointed. Because N used to make so much games and good ones the gamers are still waiting for the sae thing this year and the last 6 months also and they kinda got dissapointed after not getting as much games as before. but that will probably change in about 6 months when alot of good 3rd party games will have come out. And from now on all N has to do is bring 2 to 3 high titile games and maybe 4 or 5 not so popular ones to satisfy his consumers. I think we cold get a sequal to mario galaxy, zelda or metroid and maybe a starfox game plus one more like DK or kid Icarus and thats all. The rest will be more less satisfying and waited games.

OK gotta go back to work
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:04 pm

hmmm good point Waaar...i can see how it's an intelligent strategy, but if they were really smart, they wouldn't have allowed a game droubt to go on for so long...I mean, a lot of Nintendo fans are upset right now, especially since N didn't put very much effort into 2008's games(besides brawl) and because it still will not make sequels to its old, trust worthy titles. Again, we're still waiting for a TRUE sequels to series like DK, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, etc, not just spin-off titles...

And as Roy mentioned in another thread, nintendo is tied to it's old games...it still refuses to make new series! I mean, the only truly new "series" that have been created recently are Pikmin and Animal Crossing...both made on the GC, and both "casual" in nature. If nintendo is going to get out of this rut, it better start thinking up new franchise ideas besides wii sports/music...
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Well if N wasnt so smart I dont think that N would be where it is right now! PLus making a game (a good one) isnt that easy and it costs money and it doesnt always get people hooked up to it. Per example MP3 corruption. It was a really good game but not alot of peopledidnt et hooked on the game, I still didnt play it and I got it when it came out (just played 2 hours). And its even more difficult to be sure when making a whole new game with new characters. All of the good popular ones are from the old nintendo, except starfox and F-Zero does one came out on the Snes. They could also try to make an RPG and a FPS N exclusive (other then conduit and tales of symphonia) but i dont think those are from N so they dont count. But I guess they are either working on it atm or taking a break after their big succes in end 2007 begginning 2008! They did make the wii fit, even if that one is more for casual and for some "adult" consumers but it did sell quite alot so they still did good on that one too.

So I guess all I can say is dont get your hopes to high for 2009 at least not until summer.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Well, whenever you get your hopes up high for Nintendo, you tend to get let down...so I'll play it safe for now. But i think a big problem Nintendo has is in it's marketing. You say Corruption didn't do well-and you're right, it didn't...much like some of it's other games...but look at the advertisement! those stupid "wii would like to play" commercials were ridiculous...they lasted for 30 seconds, and hardly displayed the game! What happened to GOOD commercials for good games? I mean, I think brawl deserved better...and if Nintendo were smart, it would have more advertisement...especially for the games it puts a lot of work into.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Yep your right on that point. Lac of ad. But the other problem corruption had is the date it came out. it came right before another hit was released so peopl didnt buy corruption but the other one. I think it was mario Galaxy
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Well there you go...that was another problem....Nintendo released all of it's AAA titles right next to one another! It should have paced them a little better...to keep it's hardcore fanbase happy...now, since people haven't had games for a while, and because nintendo loves to keep it's best games SECRET, people feel like Nintendo has given up on them...

i mean, if nintendo has great games its working on, they should be promoting it like Sakurai did with brawl!!
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Well N did that so that his console sells wouldnt stop so that more 3rd partie's would be interested in making games for the wii and it worked. Now N tries to satisfy the consumers through 3rd party games until his new AAA titles

PS: Stop posting after each of my post I couldnt work for atleast an hour now or mre I dont know
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:06 pm

maybe...but if they wanted to leave room for 3rd parties to make games, they should have been SURE that those parties were actually going to make games! I mean, it's not like they haven't been making games...they just haven't been making GOOD games...oh, and they should still PROMOTE their games like Sakurai did...I mean, how can we get hyped about the zelda they're currently working on if we don't know about it!!

lol alright Mustafa, I'll stop after this....(although posting or not, you still don't do any work tongue )
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

oh, and if I haven't convinced you guys enough about Nintendo's lack of vigor...take a look at Nintendo's "Amazing" Q1 Lineup:

Nintendo Q1 09 Lineup Revealed
New Play Control Wii titles as well as Pokemon Platinum and Fire Emblem for DS.
December 17, 2008 - Continuing its commitment to create fun and engaging experiences for everyone, Nintendo of America Inc. today unleashes a broad list of exciting new games for the first quarter of 2009. Topping the list is Pokémon Platinum version for Nintendo DS, a remarkable new entry in the beloved Pokémon series, slated for a March 22 launch across North America. Nintendo's roster of more than 100 new games includes an impressive array of challenges and experiences for new players and loyalists, as well as everyone in between. Notable titles include the enhanced New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis and New Play Control! Pikmin for Wii, and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Personal Trainer: Math and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for Nintendo DS.

"Our fans expect a diverse selection of entertainment options, and we're eager to deliver exactly that," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We're building on the momentum of a strong holiday season by offering new and experienced players an even greater library of game titles in 2009."

Pokémon fans in particular will have plenty to cheer about as Pokémon Platinum is readied for its U.S. debut. Following the vast popularity of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum is the newest in the core series of Pokémon games. Pokémon Platinum features a new story full of adventure, never-before-seen forms of powerful Pokémon – including the legendary Giratina's Origin Forme – and the Distortion World, a mysterious new world that suddenly appears in the Sinnoh region. In addition, with Pokémon Platinum up to 20 players can interact with other Pokémon fans from around the world in the new Wi-Fi Plaza, featuring mini-games and activities. Players can also enjoy the new features in the Global Terminal, such as posting battle videos using the new "Vs. Recorder." In addition, Pokémon Platinum features a new Battle Frontier, where the toughest Trainers can test their skills in new ways. Pokémon Platinum already has broken previous Nintendo DS sales records in Japan, selling more than 1 million copies in its first two days of release.

For the portable Nintendo DS, Personal Trainer: Math builds on the new Personal Trainer series, which launched with Personal Trainer: Cooking, now extends its reach beyond the stomach to the brain. Personal Trainer: Math introduces 40 fast-paced exercises to give players a fun way to improve their arithmetic skills. The Personal Trainer series is designed to help users enrich their lives and learn new skills in fun and interesting ways. Also for Nintendo DS, fans of the Fire Emblem franchise will enjoy the arrival of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, a revamped and re-imagined version of the NES classic, featuring touch-screen controls. Players with a broadband Internet connection can enjoy worldwide battles over Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's online gaming service.

Meanwhile, for the Wii console, Nintendo is offering up two classic Nintendo GameCube games: New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis and New Play Control! Pikmin enhanced for play using the Wii Remote controller. The enhanced New Play Control! Pikmin game lets players point the Wii Remote controller at the screen and use it as a cursor, making it easy to select either a single Pikmin or an entire army. When a player tosses Pikmin, they fly wherever the cursor is pointing. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis lets players enjoy an afternoon on the court as their favorite characters from the Mushroom Kingdom, complete with motion-controlled serves and swings. With Wii controls, players can swing the Wii Remote controller to hit forehands and backhands and to apply spin. Experienced gamers can also attach a Nunchuk controller for additional precision. Both games are scheduled to launch next March.

Third-party publishers continue to bring diverse, creative games like FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time from Square-Enix for Wii and Nintendo DS. These games offer unique features that allow users to play multiplayer across Nintendo platforms. MADWORLD from Sega will be available exclusively for Wii, and the highly acclaimed franchise Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from Rockstar Games will be available for Nintendo DS.

Below is a partial list of upcoming games for Wii and Nintendo DS. Note that game titles and launch dates are subject to change.

Wii

Activision
Monsters vs. Aliens - March 24

Crave Entertainment
Monster Pals - March
Solitaire & Mahjong - February
Puzzle Challenges and More! - February
Crayola Colorful World - March

D3Publisher
Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers - February
Coraline - January

Destineer
WordJong Party - January
Battle Rage - February
Cradle of Rome - February
Cate West: The Vanishing Files - March
Burger Island - March

Disney Interactive Studios
Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3: Senior Year - Winter

DreamCatcher
Play the World - March

Electronic Arts
NASCAR® Kart Racing - Feb. 10
SimAnimals - Jan. 27
TRIVIAL PURSUIT - Early spring

Hudson Entertainment
FISHING MASTER WORLD TOUR - Jan. 6
Marble Saga Kororinpa - Spring

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
DanceDanceRevolution® Disney Grooves - March

Majesco Entertainment
Escape the Museum - January
Major Minor's Majestic March - March

Marvelous Entertainment USA
Little King's Story - Feb. 17
Rune Factory: Frontier - March

Mastiff
Deer Drive - Jan. 20

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
We Ski and Snowboard - March

Nintendo
New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis - March
New Play Control! Pikmin - March

Sega
The House of The Dead: Overkill - February
SONIC and the Black Knight - March
MADWORLD - March

Southpeak Interactive
Roogoo Twisted Towers - Feb. 17
Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball - March 17
Brave: A Warrior's Tale - Feb. 17

THQ
Paws & Claws Pet Resort - Jan. 5
Neighborhood Games - Jan. 5

Ubisoft
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins - February
Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars (Director's Cut) - March

XS Games
Super PickUps - Q1
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:34 pm

I'll do a blow by blow but first let me say: WTF?
"Our fans expect a diverse selection of entertainment options, and we're eager to deliver exactly that," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We're building on the momentum of a strong holiday season by offering new and experienced players an even greater library of game titles in 2009."
yes that's right, you'll do that with games such as Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball and Escape the Museum? seriously, what are they thinking when they say that? it's just a big nod and smile politely game >_>
Pokémon fans in particular will have plenty to cheer about as Pokémon Platinum is readied for its U.S. debut. Following the vast popularity of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum is the newest in the core series of Pokémon games. Pokémon Platinum features a new story full of adventure, never-before-seen forms of powerful Pokémon – including the legendary Giratina's Origin Forme – and the Distortion World, a mysterious new world that suddenly appears in the Sinnoh region. In addition, with Pokémon Platinum up to 20 players can interact with other Pokémon fans from around the world in the new Wi-Fi Plaza, featuring mini-games and activities. Players can also enjoy the new features in the Global Terminal, such as posting battle videos using the new "Vs. Recorder." In addition, Pokémon Platinum features a new Battle Frontier, where the toughest Trainers can test their skills in new ways. Pokémon Platinum already has broken previous Nintendo DS sales records in Japan, selling more than 1 million copies in its first two days of release.

nothing wrong with this - pokemon is one of the best RPG's of Nintendo (note I say one of the as to not create a massive argument with cory >_>) my one problem is: where is the EUROPE RELEASE DATE??
For the portable Nintendo DS, Personal Trainer: Math builds on the new Personal Trainer series, which launched with Personal Trainer: Cooking, now extends its reach beyond the stomach to the brain. Personal Trainer: Math introduces 40 fast-paced exercises to give players a fun way to improve their arithmetic skills. The Personal Trainer series is designed to help users enrich their lives and learn new skills in fun and interesting ways. Also for Nintendo DS, fans of the Fire Emblem franchise will enjoy the arrival of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, a revamped and re-imagined version of the NES classic, featuring touch-screen controls. Players with a broadband Internet connection can enjoy worldwide battles over Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's online gaming service.
firstly, why does it say "portable Nintendo DS? what other NIntendo Ds' are there? secondly, they spelt maths - what is wrong with these freak americans confused ? thirdly, maths training? cooking training? who/what makes up these screwed up ideas? it had better not be Ubisoft again
Meanwhile, for the Wii console, Nintendo is offering up two classic Nintendo GameCube games: New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis and New Play Control! Pikmin enhanced for play using the Wii Remote controller. The enhanced New Play Control! Pikmin game lets players point the Wii Remote controller at the screen and use it as a cursor, making it easy to select either a single Pikmin or an entire army. When a player tosses Pikmin, they fly wherever the cursor is pointing. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis lets players enjoy an afternoon on the court as their favorite characters from the Mushroom Kingdom, complete with motion-controlled serves and swings. With Wii controls, players can swing the Wii Remote controller to hit forehands and backhands and to apply spin. Experienced gamers can also attach a Nunchuk controller for additional precision. Both games are scheduled to launch next March.
yay! another random sports game which is identical to Wii Sports. enough said.
Third-party publishers continue to bring diverse, creative games like FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time from Square-Enix for Wii and Nintendo DS. These games offer unique features that allow users to play multiplayer across Nintendo platforms. MADWORLD from Sega will be available exclusively for Wii, and the highly acclaimed franchise Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from Rockstar Games will be available for Nintendo DS.
finally, something decen for us Wii owners. MadWorld is going to the best Wii game of '09 (no arguments please) and FF is always good. but wtf is up with GTA on the DS?
and, I refues to even glance at the load of crap third-parties are sending in. that's it from me and I bet none of you read all of this >_>
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Nintendo Failed You?   Has Nintendo Failed You? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Nintendo Failed You?
Page 1 of 1