For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

worst character in brawl?

Go down 
+7
l33tsmasher
waaar81
Forsaken Lament 44
SilensCaelum
BrawlBrotherKOking
StarRoadWarrior
BrightScales
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 am

Since Mario is one of my sub-mains, I really don't get why everyone says he's the worst character in Brawl, the only way people justify that claim is that he has F.L.U.D.D, which is the weakest argument I've ever heard off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 am

I dont think Ganon is so bad. I do beat alot of people with him so I guess even if he's not in top of the list he still is good enough. But he does have some problem agaisnt faster characters but still he is good. You just need to know how the character plays and you opponent also.I remember alot of people didnt like playing yoshi because of his recovery but when you know how to play with him you dont really need it :p. The worst I would say is jiggly cuz he has some moves that make him really vulnerable after missing it
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:29 am

waaar81 wrote:
I dont think Ganon is so bad. I do beat alot of people with him so I guess even if he's not in top of the list he still is good enough. But he does have some problem agaisnt faster characters but still he is good. You just need to know how the character plays and you opponent also.I remember alot of people didnt like playing yoshi because of his recovery but when you know how to play with him you dont really need it :p. The worst I would say is jiggly cuz he has some moves that make him really vulnerable after missing it

Every single character has that, if a character wasn't vulnerable from missing an attack, they'd be far too overpowered.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 9:25 am

Well I think Jiggly is one of the worst in that area. Im talking about the b moves.
But I forgot to say that Samus went really down in quality n this game. She was one of my mains before
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 pm

They really cut Samus down...not even her blaster is worth much like it used to be. But I'm going to have to continue my argument against Mario. Mario is an abomonation, and I'm not just referring to F.L.U.D.D. It's the fact that they took the tornado from him, AND the fact that his FS is utter crap. I said it before and I'll say it again. Why play as Mario when you have Luigi? There's just no good reason. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Well the FLUDD has a lot of good uses when someone tries to come back and uses his up B then you just use the fludd to stop them but of course it doesnt work agaisnt all of them and you need to charge the thing and since I always prefered Luigi over Mario I still thin that Luigi is way better worst character in brawl? - Page 3 842548
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:07 pm

OK, that's still not a valid argument, since he does still have his tornado in his moveset and his Final Smash only counts if you're actually using smash balls.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm

He does a half-spin which doesn't equate to much. Luigi's tornado is essential to playing him. The only up-side Mario has is his fireballs, which don't mean much. And let us not forget Luigi's instant KO attack. Another reason why Luigi is a must-play between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:34 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
He does a half-spin which doesn't equate to much. Luigi's tornado is essential to playing him. The only up-side Mario has is his fireballs, which don't mean much. And let us not forget Luigi's instant KO attack. Another reason why Luigi is a must-play between the two of them.

Someone using the Luigi Cyclone is only going to actually hit the person with the equivalent of half a spin anyway, since it is used for lateral coverage more than an actual combo. Mario's half-spin equates to plenty if you use it well enough.

But not essential to playing Mario.

I assume you are referring to Luigi's Up-B attack, which isn't an instant KO unless the target is at high enough damage, plus it's difficult to land a solid hit of the move on a good enough player, resulting in leaving yourself open to everyone else. Mario, on the other hand, gets several hits and knockback regardless of getting the initial hit, so he does have an up-side that is better than the fireballs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:05 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

And you forget about Mario's most useful ability: His cape.

Trying to launch back as Luigi? Well, a cape to the face will send you flying directly off the edge. Unlike most attacks, the cape doesn't allow for a second up B after you're hit with it, so if you're not within grabbing distance of the edge, you're screwed. Honestly, I think the cape one of the most useful techniques in the game, and it helps make Mario a great character.

IMO, Bowser is the worst character in the game.

But what do I know, I'm probably the worst Brawler on the site.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Gimic300 wrote:

And you forget about Mario's most useful ability: His cape.

Trying to launch back as Luigi? Well, a cape to the face will send you flying directly off the edge. Unlike most attacks, the cape doesn't allow for a second up B after you're hit with it, so if you're not within grabbing distance of the edge, you're screwed. Honestly, I think the cape one of the most useful techniques in the game, and it helps make Mario a great character.

IMO, Bowser is the worst character in the game.

But what do I know, I'm probably the worst Brawler on the site.

QFT plus the cap is like the fludd only faster and less range, well the fludd doesnt do damage I think

Lie, at least not the worst but still slow. He is very good on suicide missions, specially since the other dies before you do
Twisted Evil

Lie I've seen way worst then you ........ FIREGREMLIN
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:25 am

waaar81 wrote:
Lie I've seen way worst then you ........ FIREGREMLIN[/color]
:L:L so true

In reference to CPUs Snake is the worst
In reference to human players, there is no worst, it just depends on the person's own skill
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:14 pm

@Fire - For the most part I agree. Brawl is pretty balanced, but seriously, except in very good hands, Ganondorf just can't combo. All his attacks either don't do anything much (Side-B and Down-B), or give a lot of warning and leave him highly vulnerable (like all the rest)

@Cory - Roy said pretty much everything I had to say already. Mario doesn't need a better tornado. It wasn't really that useful on Melee anyway.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:30 am

SmashedBrother wrote:
@Fire - For the most part I agree. Brawl is pretty balanced, but seriously, except in very good hands, Ganondorf just can't combo. All his attacks either don't do anything much (Side-B and Down-B), or give a lot of warning and leave him highly vulnerable (like all the rest)
Side-b to F-Smash
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:07 am

SmashedBrother wrote:

I guess you never fought my ganon.
Just ask a bit around. worst character in brawl? - Page 3 883970
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: worst character in brawl?   worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:27 pm

@Fire - Yes, his Side-B is fast (so is his Down-B) but neither are really that dangerous, and all of Ganondorf's potential finishers are easier to dodge than a snail. I agree that his FS is pretty good (though still dodgeable), but battles are not won on Smash Balls alone Wink

waaar81 wrote:
SmashedBrother wrote:

I guess you never fought my ganon.
Just ask a bit around. worst character in brawl? - Page 3 883970

HOw would you compare your Ganondor f with this one?
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
FTW Website Discussion
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm by Forsaken Lament 44
Hello everyone,

If you've seen my portal post, I'm sure you know what's going on. If not, go check it out. But I'd like to get people's opinions on what's going on with FTW. Please post them here, and vote in the poll.

Comments: 171
Video of the Week
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm by StarRoadWarrior
Howdy guys and girls. I wanted to take this opportunity to announce that I'm bring sexy back bring back the Videos of the week! To make this a big hit i want loads of member input on this so it wont be just videos that i have seen (which is alot btw) videos are not limited to just video games. they can be popular videos that have been seen by …

Comments: 110
Vote for your favorite Chat
worst character in brawl? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:46 am by Forsaken Lament 44
Hey guys,

As you may have noticed, the site has been pretty slow lately...but I know everyone's been doing a little bit of lurking, so by now I'm sure you've seen each of the different chats. I changed to Everywhere chat as it seemed like it was what most people wanted, but unfortunately it was buggy and kept Smashed and a few others from being …

Comments: 11