For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Claymore: My Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Claymore: My Review Empty
PostSubject: Claymore: My Review   Claymore: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:06 pm

My first impression of the anime adaptation of Claymore was simple:
I loved it!

For those of you that don't know what Claymore is, it's basically a dark, omnious series about superhuman female warrios hired to hunt down demon-like creatures called Yoma. It sounds repetitive, but there's more depth to it. The setting takes place around the medieval era where different countries are attacked by these Yoma. The villages hire an unnamed organization to send in their warriors to kill these Yoma in exchange for money. While it seems the Yoma are the main antagonists, the warriors themselves are also feared just as equally. These women warriors are also known for thier huge swords earning themselves the name "Claymore" amongst the people. They are also known as "Silver-Eyed Witches" because of the color of their eyes. The main plot of the story revolves around one particular Claymore who goes by the name Clare. She is sent to a village to take out a Yoma, but befriends a young boy named Raki in the process. From there on, the story unfolds into something more interesting.

The animation is so crisp and the action is fluid. You just can't help but admire the attention to detail in each and every scene. The dark colors blend in well with the overall tone of the story.

The music is something to be admired as well. During most fight scenes, you'll here some metal, but for the most part maintains a dramatic tone for the given situation. Who would've thought that metal would blend so well in a medival story. As for the voice acting; The Japanese seems to have more emotion. Clare's voice actress really sounds like a cold-blooded warrior and yet has that charming, feminine voice. Most of the japanese voice actors do an extrodinary job bringing their character to life. I'm sure all of you anime purists will love the Japanese version. The english dub of the series, at least to me, is almost up to par with its japanese counterpart. Although there may be some charcters who may sound a bit off at times, I honestly have no other complaints for the English dub. But aside all that, it's not enough to take away from the experience of Claymore.

Storywise, it's great. You'll get hooked into watching the next one, and so on. I will say that the first couple of episodes are really slow, but by the time you get to the sixth, it just delivers! Overall, I rate this a 9/10. It's an anime worth your time! Check it out, at least the first 10 episodes!

Here's a link to watch free anime online, though I think its just the Eng Subs:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What are you waiting for? Check It!
Back to top Go down

Claymore: My Review
Page 1 of 1