For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Eureka Seven: My Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Eureka Seven: My Review Empty
PostSubject: Eureka Seven: My Review   Eureka Seven: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:45 pm

Let me just say that of all the anime I've seen, Eureka Seven is on my top list of favorites! I've never been so hooked on an anime as much as I have with Eureka. When I first got a glimpse of this show in the Adult Swim commercials, I thought it looked ridiculously childish. Boy was I wrong. Ever hear the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover?" Yeah, it applies to everything in this world including anime.

First off, I want to talk about the plot. While there may be some terminology that's hard to understand, it all comes together as you progress through the series. The story at first revolves around a young boy named Renton, who has aspirations of going out to different places and living his dream of becoming a great lifter. Lifting (told you there is some wierd terminology) is considered a common sport that is very similar to surfing, except its done in the air. Back to the story; Turns out Renton's life "sucks," as he so says constantly, and to add to his troubles, his grandfather nags on him most of the time. It just so happens that when Renton and his granddad are in the middle of an argument, a mech crash lands on top of Renton's house nearly destroying most of the property. Turns out the pilot is a mysterious, yet charming girl named Eureka. Renton falls in love with the girl at first sight, and embarks on a journey with the girl who later turns out to be a part of Gekkostate!

The art or visuals of the anime is what made me think this show was childish. But don't let that fool you. I've grown to like the animation and style of art the animators chose. The action scenes are fluid and the bright colors are a good fit for the atmosphere of the series. The character designs bring out their personalities in a good way. It's safe to say, I love the animation here!

The music is by far the greatest collection out there. It varies from a light-hearted to melancholic, or peaceful to ultimately intense. The selection and choice of track is always well-placed in every scene, giving the viewer a taste of whatever the characters are going through in the given situation. The voice work for the japanese is where I think doesn't really hook me. While I'm sure the actors did do a very great performance, I stick with the english dub on this one. Johnny Yong Bosch does an excellent work voicing Renton. Stephanie Sheh and Crispin Freeman also do an outstanding job voicing Eureka and Holland respectively. I honestly believe the engish dub truly brings out the character and personality of each character on the series. I find no flaws with the dubbing on this one.

The story is where it really sets it off. I think its a very captivating story. While there are somethings that won't become clear to the viewer from the get go, it all starts to come clear as the story progresses. Wouldn't want to make things easier now do we? There is a lot of romance involved, but enough action and comedy to keep one satisfied. Honestly, when you're at the end, all you can do is wish for more.

My rating is a 10/10. Really, do yourself a favor and check it out. It's good anime and too good to waste!
Back to top Go down

Eureka Seven: My Review
Page 1 of 1