For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Scrapped Princess: My Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Scrapped Princess: My Review Empty
PostSubject: Scrapped Princess: My Review   Scrapped Princess: My Review Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:30 pm

To start off, Scrapped Princess is about a young girl named Pacifica Casull who is in the run with her two older, adoptive step-siblings; Shannon and Raquel Casull. The story with these guys is that Pacifica will one day bring forth apocolypse to all of mankind on her sixteenth birthday. It is because of this reason that many are out to kill her before such a day occurs. While the entire series is only 26 episodes, there are a lot of great moments within the series.

Character Development and Design:

One of the many things I like about the series is the character development. You will fiind there is a lot of it. The relationships between Pacifica and her older step-brother, Shannon, is always an amusing one. It's a love-hate sibling relationship that many can relate to. There are also quite a few characters that show great change as the series progresses, but I'll let you find that out on your own. The design and art in general is flawless. The visuals are beautiful. Fluid animation, what more can you want?

Sound and Voice Acting: The music, while its not so memorable, its still great. The opening theme is really unique; It has an almost American-Cowboy theme, but done in Japanese. I think it really worked out great. The insert songs, again aren't memorable, but are decent. The ending is something else though. It gives off a peaceful yet proud sound.

I haven't really listened to the Japanese version of this anime, so if you have, be sure to let me know how it is. As for the English Dub, I love it! Recognizable talents range from Kari Whalgren (Pacifica) to Crispin Freeman (Shannon) to Yuri Lowenthal (Leopold). Many often complain about the quality of Eng Dubs, but I think this is one of those times where the dub proves to be done well.

Story: The story is probably something that's been done before, but that should not keep you from watching the series. There are some interesting moments as well as amusing ones within the series. I will admit, there isn't as much action as you would expect from Naruto or Bleach, and there may be some boring parts with the repetative talking. All in all, its still a recommended series. I rate this 8/10

Check it out and let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down

Scrapped Princess: My Review
Page 1 of 1