For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie

Go down 
+4
waaar81
StarRoadWarrior
---
Forsaken Lament 44
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 pm

In case you haven't heard, they are currently working on a live action DBZ movie which should be coming out soon. I don't know about you guys, but I couldn't help but laugh at this trailer...lol

I'm having trouble understanding why Master Roshi isn't old, Goku is white, and Piccolo looks like an ork in Lord of the rings! I'm sorry, but this is looking bad...lol
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
---

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 am

well I'd say dont juge a book by it's cover, I thuink that what the most important in live action movies that are basedon anime is the quality of the acting, like heat ledger, if the people playing the roles are really loyal to the anime it'll be great, it's just normal that they cant make the action movie like the anime or it would only be a movie like advent children then what would be the point???

passing from fiction to good looking fiction?

and beside, I cant wait to see if the actor playing goku if innocent and curious and all that goku represent lol
theres some good jokes to be made here, the characters that they actually shows in the trailler all looks serious but I'm sure that if we were to see roshi perverted and goku stupid it would be a great movie =D

and for the one that dont like my way of thinking...

stop complaining all the time >.>
put more energy on positive stuff and that would make a better world lol XD
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:57 am

enasepth wrote:

and for the one that dont like my way of thinking...

stop complaining all the time >.>
put more energy on positive stuff and that would make a better world lol XD

i like the way you think you cant just say the movie is bad but just looking at trailer if i did that there would be TONS of movies that i have not watched (and some that i wish i did see) granted that this does not follow the show does a movie have to? i am interested to see how it does i may still go and see it because i am a sucker for good special effects lol

THANK YOU EN!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:04 pm

I understand what you guys are saying, but the characters don't even seem like the anime characters. Goku seems plain and boring, whil Roshi seems WAY too serious! Where is the perversion? Where are the bad jokes? lol And I still say picollo looks like an Ork!

You see, way too often, when Americans try to do adaptations of Japanese animes or games, they want to do it their OWN way, and they screw it up horribly...and also I think it would have been better if Goku fought the Red Ribbon Army...that would have been a little cooler in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Ena and Jody bring up some very good points about things in general. "Don't judge a book by its cover," is something that should be present in everyday life not just with literature and media, but with people as well. However, I'm compelled to say that I'm on the fence with this movie. Yeah I know, I should be looking on the bright side, but to be more specific, I'm 50/50. The trailer in its full glory does not appeal to me, granted it is just that, a trailer. As it stands, I feel that this will be a failure. BUT, will that stop me from watching it? No. Chances are I'm going to hate it, but I will watch it in hopes that it surpasses my expectations. How's that for wishful thinking?
Back to top Go down
---

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:27 pm

lol I still think it's a grim way to see the futur but it's far better then cory's apocalyptical way ofseeing things =0

hahaha =p
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Hey! I'm picky about where I drop my $10! Luis brings up some good points, it is just a trailer...but it probably will suck! At least Bulma is decent looking in this...lol!

And I still think it would have been cooler to see Goku fighting the Red Ribbon Army...but then again, I can't really remember who he fought first in the anime...
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:00 pm

I can! He fought emporor pilaf, then the tournament, then red ribbon army/ general tao (after this 4 years passes)
Around 12 he fought in another tourney, then piccolo, then he practiced with kami (again 4 years passes)

then another tourney where piccolo was back and end of DB and start of DBZ
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:04 am

dude, that's too much to remember...you think he could fit all of that in one movie? I'll be they want to make 6 of these movies...or more. Oh, here's what Akira Toriyama thinks of the movie-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like he thinks it's weird too..but I'm surprised he likes it so much. Suspect
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:22 pm

well from what I've seen the guy playing goku sucks. Thats what I could tell from the trailer, and I guess we will be seeing the piccolo saga this time
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:05 pm

While I do like the whole 'don't judge a book by its cover' thing, I think we're all missing one very important fact: most adaptations of any non-movie medium into film are completely going to get boned over by Hollywood execs who are just interested in making a quick buck on the franchise. At least it isn't a video game franchise, otherwise, we might have had Uwe Boll directing this. affraid

I think I'll probably just go see the movie to sit in the movie theater and do a Mystery Science Theater 3000 on it and make funny comments while it plays. Oh well, be a good waste of $8-10, I suppose. I guess I'm just more worried on the fact that it may leave me with a permanent distaste for the franchise if I go see it, honestly, which is something I think a lot of people are sort of worried about it, hence the mostly negative reaction.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:25 am

I wont even spend money on this one. I will just download it from torrents as soon as it comes out on it.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:12 am

waaar81 wrote:
I wont even spend money on this one. I will just download it from torrents as soon as it comes out on it.
what's torrents?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:55 pm

If someone can defend this, I'd love to hear it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:53 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

To each his own?..........nah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:41 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

Yeah, I kinda changed my stance after seeing the commercials on TV for this movie, lol! That and the fact that it's PG raises the alarm already. Perhaps I'm being too overly negative about the movie now, but there's just no way that it'll amount to what the anime was back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:59 pm

Wow, I didn't even realize it was rated PG...now I REALLY want to hear someone defend this... scratch
Back to top Go down
AspiR

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:05 pm

Are you guys seriously even TRYING to defend this movie?

"An ordinary guy..."

Bam. Stop right there.

Goku was never an ordinary guy, ok. He did backflips off of purple dragons and rode yellow clouds and fought kung fu cats - before he was a teenager. I saw this with my own eyes. You're not going to be able to take DBZ and turn it into a "superhero movie". It just doesn't work.

The rest of it is so ridiculous I don't even need to argue with it. Forget the rating. Forget all of it. Its all wrong.

What they were trying to do was make it open up to the mainstream - which is impossible, folks. No one gives a damn about DBZ except DBZ fans or people who were DBZ fans. This film will fail miserably at changing that.

But look what they've done now. Now they've taken the only group of people that would have watched their ridiculous movie, the DBZ fans, and pissed them off! SMART MOVE THERE.

This movie will tank. And I'm gonna laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm

AspiR wrote:
Are you guys seriously even TRYING to defend this movie?

"An ordinary guy..."

Bam. Stop right there.

Goku was never an ordinary guy, ok. He did backflips off of purple dragons and rode yellow clouds and fought kung fu cats - before he was a teenager. I saw this with my own eyes. You're not going to be able to take DBZ and turn it into a "superhero movie". It just doesn't work.

The rest of it is so ridiculous I don't even need to argue with it. Forget the rating. Forget all of it. Its all wrong.

What they were trying to do was make it open up to the mainstream - which is impossible, folks. No one gives a damn about DBZ except DBZ fans or people who were DBZ fans. This film will fail miserably at changing that.

But look what they've done now. Now they've taken the only group of people that would have watched their ridiculous movie, the DBZ fans, and pissed them off! SMART MOVE THERE.

This movie will tank. And I'm gonna laugh.

Kinda makes you wonder which is the worst movie of 09; Legend of Chun-Li or Dragonball? Haha! What a pair.....
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

i can defend it Wink

the best part was at 0:00 (when it was loading and nothing was going on)
and at :29 (when it was over) see i win
cheers

but sereiously yes it may be a very bad movie i may still check it out just for laughs Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Wow Aspire, it's benn ages since I've watched Dragon Ball, but you've just reminded me of how great it really was. Goku was a little kid with a monkey tail who wondered around on a cloud and fought various villains who were almost as comical as they were unbelieveable. It was a great show about a kid who didn't care about "fitting in", and in fact, was perfectly happy not fitting in.

they have truly messed this up trying to make it open to everyone, especially because I very well doubt that people who didn't care for the show would even bother wasting their time with this. It seems that the producers hope to do well and make a series out of this...but in the end, I think this will end up like the supposed Eragon trilogy...dead after the first film.

Akira Toriyama himself didn't even agree with how this was working out, but of course, they left him out of the film which by all acounts should be his in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie   Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming DBZ Live Action Movie
Page 1 of 1