For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars

Go down 
5 posters

Which is better.....?
Lord of The Rings
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Vote_lcap75%Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Vote_lcap25%Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Back

AuthorMessage
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:44 pm

So....which do you like best?
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:13 pm

that doesn't even count as a question - it's obvious that Star Wars wins Rolling Eyes and shame on the person who voted LOTR *coughsmashed*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:46 pm

I gotta say, I enjoyed Lord of the Rings more than I did Star Wars. That's not to say I hate Star Wars, but I thought Lord of the Rings was more enjoyable. I guess it had a fluid storyline, and the transition from book to movie was superb.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Star wars because Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars 975263 Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars 670945 Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars 793975 Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars 43084
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:19 pm

lord of the rings was just awesome... lol it has a great story line... but ill tell ya very hard choice.. both these are awesome!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:01 pm

Much as I like them both, I have to vote for Lord of the Rings. Star Wars was great mainly because of the actors. I read the books of the trilogy, and frankly, they weren't that great, because they didn't have the actors.

(just a bit of trivia, but George Lucas was advised by Spielburg to kill off Han Solo in Episode V, but he was so popular that Lucas said the heck with it and kept him......which is probably why Leia turned out to be Luke's sister. Wink )

LotR on the other hand, was great even without the excellant actors. (actually, I like the books slightly better than the movie, thanks mainly to Faramir)

firegremlin wrote:
that doesn't even count as a question - it's obvious that Star Wars wins Rolling Eyes and shame on the person who voted LOTR *coughsmashed*

*Smacks hand on Firegremlins forhead* SPIRIT OF CORY, COME OUT!!!

Razz Wink

It's kind of ironic though - Firegrimlin likes the film that's definitely American, whereas I like the trilogy which Tolkien wanted to have a European style.....lol! (not that I really have anything against Europeans, and I don't think Fire has anything against us..... Suspect .......Still......lol!
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Neither, I don't like either franchise.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:36 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
firegremlin wrote:

funny aren't you?

SmashedBrother wrote:
Razz Wink

It's kind of ironic though - Firegrimlin likes the film that's definitely American, whereas I like the trilogy which Tolkien wanted to have a European style.....lol! (not that I really have anything against Europeans, and I don't think Fire has anything against us..... Suspect .......Still......lol!
aww so young and innocent

and as a side note, Star Wars wins hands down simply because it doesnt have damn talking trees!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:43 pm

[quote="firegremlin"]
SmashedBrother wrote:
firegremlin wrote:

funny aren't you?

SmashedBrother wrote:
Razz Wink

You know it is true! You can feel it! (Too bad the vader helmet is "x"'d out Sad oh well, you should be able to get where the quote comes from.)

Quote :
Quote :
aww so young and innocent

(check out the age on my profile.....on second thought never mind. It says Cory's an adult! Shocked Razz )

Quote :
and as a side note, Star Wars wins hands down simply because it doesnt have damn talking trees!

I'll admit that seemed a little weird, but heck, it didn't ruin the book. As a side note, Star Wars has a bunch of teddy bears. (*cough*ewoks*cough*)

(talking trees, or teddy bears? Which is worse? scratch lol!)
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 4:17 pm

what are you talking about? the ewoks were the most epic thing after the force! Trees cannot talk - it goes against the laws of Physics...EVERYTHING in star wars could really happen
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 6:38 pm

firegremlin wrote:
what are you talking about? the ewoks were the most epic thing after the force! Trees cannot talk - it goes against the laws of Physics...EVERYTHING in star wars could really happen

Like the force? scratch

Also, I agree the Ewoks weren't bad, but that was in spite of being teddy bears. Same with the Ents. Wink (though personally I think they were cooler. They tore up things a lot better Evil or Very Mad )

Don't get me wrong, I love both series. Heck, they're my top two favorites, but I personally like Lord of the Rings better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars   Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Vs. Star Wars
Page 1 of 1