For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure

Go down 
+7
SmashedBrother
firegremlin
StarRoadWarrior
BrightScales
waaar81
SilensCaelum
Forsaken Lament 44
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AspiR

Number of posts : 23

Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:44 am

The problem with these people is that they think past success means a damn now. It doesn't.

I've always said this. People play games, not systems. If they can play your game cheaper elsewhere, they're going to do it, Sony. No one cares how good the PS2 did now.

Its all about the games. I think that Nintendo is going through a "phase" right now, or at least I hope they are. This market saturated with incompetent games is going to outlive its novelty. I won't deny that there are good games for the wii, but not enough to justify the tide of bad ones.

I think the Xbox is sitting as pretty as it is because they didn't do something too fancy with this system. They got the games before anyone else did. That works. I think if you cut Nintendo's profits in different demographics than those they targeted with the Gamecube, the Xbox would equal their success or maybe better them.

And I'm just calling them as I see them. I don't have any ties to one system. I like games guys.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:53 am

We all do like games. And most of us like games that offer a challenge or a gameplay thats is worth spending all that time on it. Thats what Nintendo is lacking right now. What the Xbox has a downfall is the paying the Xbox live money. I have seen alot of people buying the PS3 instead of the Xbox 360 just because you didnt pay for the connection and since most of the games and quality are on both systems. Of course the ones who were buying those were the parents and the sellers would gave the "advices"/information. And well the Bad part about the PS3 was first the high price when the system came out. Plus the bluray thing didnt make much of a success afterall, so that was a lost also since so mch money was probably spent on it.

So from my point of view no system is perfect but they all have there qualities also that I wont name right now, cuz I gotta go to work Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 386596
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
guest 34

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 am

I totally agree AspiR, but it seems like this site is filled with PS3 haters. Hello???/? Sony is going to kick some major @$$ at this year's E3. It may have been behind be4, but with games like GoW3 and Heavy Rain (Among many, many others) plus Last Guardian and the new LittleBig Planet, Sony is going to own. Mark my words.

Nintendo's days are numbered I likw games, but only if the system makes GOOD games *cough* NINTENDO *cough* Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:55 am

guest 34 wrote:
I totally agree AspiR, but it seems like this site is filled with PS3 haters. Hello???/? Sony is going to kick some major @$$ at this year's E3. It may have been behind be4, but with games like GoW3 and Heavy Rain (Among many, many others) plus Last Guardian and the new LittleBig Planet, Sony is going to own. Mark my words.

Nintendo's days are numbered I likw games, but only if the system makes GOOD games *cough* NINTENDO *cough* Evil or Very Mad

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Also good to hear we're getting some PS3 support from people. This site needs it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:03 pm

I may not have a PS3, but he does have a point. I am still DROOLING over Heavy Rain, and of course, Final Fantasy VS XIII is exclusive to the PS3, so needless to say, I WANT one. And of course, lets not forget PS3's new motion controls, which look surprisingly innovative...I would agree that Sony is definitely the company to beat at E3 this year.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:09 pm

I mean, I'm not hating on the 360 (I used to about 2 years ago), but the PS3 gets more flack than it deserves. Heavy Rain is an amazing game in its own right as is Uncharted 1 & 2. There are exclusives that tend to get overlooked that are masterpieces. Of course the majority of these exclusives did come out in early 2008, so I can see why many overlook them. I also hope that the Last Guardian is as good as it looks.To be fair, I do want to try out Alan Wake and the Mass Effect series just to see what the hype is all about.
Back to top Go down
Bobby

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:53 pm

For me you can't beat free online. I used to pay $49 a month for live...totally not worth it. I'm sick of all these microsoft fanboys bashing on the PS3. Every time i see them complain, I just think to myself how much money they're wasting and I can't help but laugh.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, if you played Ico or Shadow of Colossus, then you should have an idea of what to expect from Last Guardian. It's no doubt that Sony had come back, but is there even a really notable difference between the PS3 and the XBOX360 in respect to games? To me they seem about the same now, except one system has their great exclusives, and the other has theirs.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:47 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Well, if you played Ico or Shadow of Colossus, then you should have an idea of what to expect from Last Guardian. It's no doubt that Sony had come back, but is there even a really notable difference between the PS3 and the XBOX360 in respect to games? To me they seem about the same now, except one system has their great exclusives, and the other has theirs.

That's exactly true. Like I said, I used to be more biased towards the PS3 because it was the only system I had at the time. But now that time has passed by, I've came to realize that both are almost equal in terms of difference. I'll admit that some multi-platform games do look better on the 360 than on the PS3 but that's only slightly. When it comes to exclusives, each system surpasses our expectations. Take Uncharted and God of War for the PS3; both beautiful games and they shed light to what the PS3 can do. Then we have our Mass Effects and Gears of War as well as our Alan Wakes; they do the 360 justice.

What I think it all boils down to in the end is preference. Sony is noted for having a lot of JRPGs while the 360 is known for its shooters. Many gamers prefer a certain offering of exclusives for a certain system over the other. The online feature also falls into the preference category. The PSN is free (for now), while the 360's Live is charged. Thus far, gamers claim that Live offers more than the PSN, and this may be true to an extent as it is a charged service. While I'm not big on Cross Game Chat, it certainly a sought-after feature that many PS3 owners would love to have. The 360 offers it. I'm not too familiar with Live, but from what I've seen is that it seems much more community-based than the PSN. It is slightly more organized and versatile. That's not to say that the PSN's service is mediocre, but it is a difference many gamers take notice.

Still, I'm happy with my PS3 and highly recommend anyone to purchase one if you get the chance - especially after the price drop.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:40 am

Well, given Sony's E3 performance, the title of this thread is obviously outdated. Sony has really pulled off a comeback, and I think it's because of the diversity of games, to be honest. It's true Microsoft has its shooters, but then again, so does the PS3...as well as RPG's, adventure titles, etc. But I must say, one area that really makes the PS3 stand out to me is its focus on "inclusive" gaming, rather than the typical "casual" gaming. Microsoft has officially joined the Wii bandwagon with gimmicky controls and family friendly games which are clearly nothing more than Wii clones. The sad thing about Microsoft's approach is that the 360 is viewed as the definitive hardcore system, which means that any attempt at casual gaming upon the system looks absolutely ridiculous, much like hardcore games have a difficult time on the Wii.

The PS3, however, is the bridge between the two. I've always viewed the Playstation as hardcore, but not obscenely hardcore as I've often viewed XBOX since its beginnings. Hardcore games feel natural on the Playstation, but then again, so do more casual titles. And with Sony's new emphasis on the "Create, Build, Share" method, the Playstation will not only appeal to both hardcore AND casual gamers at the same time, but it will also create an environment where they play and enjoy themselves together, as opposed to hating eachother with a passion. I admit I haven't played Little Big Planet or Mod Town Racers, but just looking draws me in. Sony has the right idea-appeal to both factions of the gaming to community, and create an environment where they can coexist naturally. That approach will ultimately reap the most rewards for Sony, and for gamers in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure   Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Announces Record Loss due to PS3 Failure
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2