For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Mario Sunshine

Go down 
+2
SmashedBrother
StarRoadWarrior
6 posters
AuthorMessage
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:31 am

ok lets get one thing straight i absolutely LOVED this game. y? because of the new look and the new theme to it. i also love the beach so adding the beach to the best video game character ever now that is a good idea but for some reason most sites say that this is on of the worst mario games ever? WHAT?!?! affraid how can this be? what are you thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:41 am

Star Road Warrior wrote:
ok lets get one thing straight i absolutely LOVED this game. y? because of the new look and the new theme to it. i also love the beach so adding the beach to the best video game character ever now that is a good idea but for some reason most sites say that this is on of the worst mario games ever? WHAT?!?! affraid how can this be? what are you thoughts?

I guess it justs depends on how you look at it....I didn't really play many N64 games for a while, Crying or Very sad so this was my first 3-D Mario game. I really enjoyed it, even though the plot was kind of dumb (momma-peach?!?!?!?! confused Rolling Eyes Suspect ....umm...yeah Neutral sure)
I loved F.L.U.D.D. and all the places you could exlplore...it isn't one of my top ten games, but it was pretty good overall.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:17 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
I guess it justs depends on how you look at it....I didn't really play many N64 games for a while, Crying or Very sad so this was my first 3-D Mario game. I really enjoyed it, even though the plot was kind of dumb (momma-peach?!?!?!?! confused Rolling Eyes Suspect ....umm...yeah Neutral sure)
I loved F.L.U.D.D. and all the places you could exlplore...it isn't one of my top ten games, but it was pretty good overall.

I completely agree. It was a really fun game! The story was weak, but then again, it is a mario game. Still, I loved the beach setting, and while the idea of "cleaning" kind of turned me off towards the game, it turned out to be a lot of fun, especially since F.L.U.D.D. could do WAY more than just clean.

My favorite stage had to be the stage that was way up high in the trees(what was that one called again? confused )I especially loved the mission where the whole place was covered in the fire goo. But perhaps my favorite part had to be the "secret" stages, where they played the old mario theme and you had to jump from platform to platform. Those missions were just amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
Zotendo

Zotendo

Number of posts : 41

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:52 pm

I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine, my favorite mission was the eletric goo one, and the part where you get yoshi ^_^
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:35 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

My favorite stage had to be the stage that was way up high in the trees(what was that one called again? confused )I especially loved the mission where the whole place was covered in the fire goo. But perhaps my favorite part had to be the "secret" stages, where they played the old mario theme and you had to jump from platform to platform. Those missions were just amazing.

Yeah, those were great! Very Happy (except for the one where you were on a lily-pad going down a river and you had to collect those red coins before the lilypad fell apart, or you went over the water fall) .....I like challenges.....up to a point. Evil or Very Mad)!

My favorite stage was the haunted hotel. I enjoyed finding all the hidden passages....(you got to love the picture you can jump through)
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:46 pm

The hotel was pretty cool, I loved the first mission with the evil manta rays! I also liked the stage with those little guys who were in the sea shells...I forgot the name of them, but it was fun to climb that cool cliff on the side of the bay...the whole look of the place was awesome, and it was fun to explore. Also, the secret stage on the top was one of the hardest ones in the game, and that was pure platforming bliss for me!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:02 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
The hotel was pretty cool, I loved the first mission with the evil manta rays! I also liked the stage with those little guys who were in the sea shells...I forgot the name of them, but it was fun to climb that cool cliff on the side of the bay...the whole look of the place was awesome, and it was fun to explore. Also, the secret stage on the top was one of the hardest ones in the game, and that was pure platforming bliss for me!

Oh man, I remember that manta ray! +_+

That's the only boss that killed me in the whole game. (Although the surfing thing got me more times. It was tough as heck, but so fun. Very Happy )

The thing I love most about this game is all the hidden things to discover. All the secret levels, and the platforming stages that you can go back to and TRY to collect all those eight red coins....it was sort of the mario equivelant of Windwaker, with the main differance being I wasn't so dissappointed by the losey story, because I didn't really expect to have a good one.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:48 pm

hahaha that's true...the story was goofy at best, but it is a mario game after all...but yeah, that's one of my favorite parts about any good mario game-the exploration and hidden secrets! All of the greatest Mario games had them, and Sunshine was no different...

One secret I really remember was in the main Delphino Plaza, where there were all of those hidden pipes located in weird spots...oh, and of course the airstrip too...it was a ton of fun to zoom around with the jetpack on top of the water!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:45 am

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
hahaha that's true...the story was goofy at best, but it is a mario game after all...but yeah, that's one of my favorite parts about any good mario game-the exploration and hidden secrets! All of the greatest Mario games had them, and Sunshine was no different...

One secret I really remember was in the main Delphino Plaza, where there were all of those hidden pipes located in weird spots...oh, and of course the airstrip too...it was a ton of fun to zoom around with the jetpack on top of the water!

Yeah, that was awesome Cool Did you ever find the invisible pipe hidden under one of the umbrellas on the beach?

What's really crazy is once my sister used an action replay to have unlimited water and a super-high jump. Then got the rocket upgrade, and jump from the shine gate (highest building there is there) jumped, and timed the rocket to hit at the peak of the jump. Shocked It took her ten minutes to get down......and she interrupted the jump with a ground-pound.
Got to see Delfino from even higher than the view from the plane, lol!
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:03 am

Zotendo wrote:
I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine, my favorite mission was the eletric goo one, and the part where you get yoshi ^_^

Yoshi (no suprise) was my favorite part too! I also enjoyed how you could fly with the F.L.U.D.D.
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:54 am

I didn't like this game very much. I actually didn't like any of the 3D Mario's until Galaxy. I think I'm just such an old school Mario player that with out all of the power ups and nostalgic feel I just don't like them.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:30 am

I see your point, but remember that Mario 64 did technically have "power ups" with the wing cap, metal cap, and invisible cap. But I felt that Mario 64 felt like an old school mario game...the only difference being that it was in 3D. Mario Sunshine? No. It deviated from the old style of games in almost every way, which was one of its biggest flaws. Sure it had the F.L.U.D.D. power ups, but they weren't the same. Needless to say, I was really impressed by Galaxy's ability to try something new while keeping that sense of nostalgia and bring back true "power ups."
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:33 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
I see your point, but remember that Mario 64 did technically have "power ups" with the wing cap, metal cap, and invisible cap. But I felt that Mario 64 felt like an old school mario game...the only difference being that it was in 3D. Mario Sunshine? No. It deviated from the old style of games in almost every way, which was one of its biggest flaws. Sure it had the F.L.U.D.D. power ups, but they weren't the same. Needless to say, I was really impressed by Galaxy's ability to try something new while keeping that sense of nostalgia and bring back true "power ups."

Yeah idk, I really just didn't like Mario 64, I got it on VC last year and it felt a lot better than when I played the N64 version, but it still doesn't amaze me.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:49 am

I still remember being amazed at the idea of a truly 3D game...playing Mario 64 for the first time was perhaps the most profound gaming event of my entire life. I felt like I could do anything-like Mario's world was truly real. That revolutionary feel was an advantage that sunshine didn't, and couldn't have...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mario Sunshine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sunshine   Mario Sunshine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mario Sunshine
Page 1 of 1