For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?

Go down 
+2
StarRoadWarrior
Forsaken Lament 44
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Empty
PostSubject: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey everyone, as you all know, I'm a die hard Ocarina of Time fan, so of course I was compelled to read this article on IGN...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The article brings up some good points...but of course, I think Ocarina deserves every ounce of the credit it gets.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:38 pm

well i think you know my answer Wink

i will say this that OoT WAS a great game that is no lie but not the best game ever. Ocarina had one job and that was to sell more games for the n64 and more n64 consoles then the PS and if you look at when it was sold it was out on the market during the holiday season so ever fan in the world would rush out to the store to grab they game as fast as they could. and guess what it worked i was also one of them that HAD to have this game. but times have changed games have gotten better. it just does not seem the same. back then i could not wait to finish the game but now after finishing it over a 100 times the game does not seem the same any more. sure it had some good parts but game today seem to go far past the few good parts that it did have. i guess there is really no point in trying to argue or to find the "trump card" statement that will change any ones mind. your set on what ever you like its not a fact just more of a personal preference. every one on the site could post topic till there hands fell off and i would still like TP more than OoT or OoT over TP for you.

PS now where will you find a post by me saying that this gamer or that game or any other game that i have played is the best game ever. i have yet to find a game the is the best ever nor have any that i have played come close to the title of best game ever. i have my favorites but that is MY opinion no one else in the world will be the same that is why you can not give a title to something unless the world agrees on it and this is my last post on this topic i think you know where i stand so that is the last of it for me
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:58 pm

I don't think its overrated. The fact that we're still talking about it today says a lot about it though. I will say that it's not the best game out there compared to what's out NOW, but it was the greatest of its time. To be honest, the game itself spawned a lot of new innovations to the games we play today. It's Z targeting system was considered a revolution and its storyline was unforgetable. Even so, I don't think its an overrated game, it just happens to be the most memorable.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Well what Jody said is true of course...everyone's favorite game is their opinion, and to say that one game is the best of all time is just slightly arrogant...but on the question of being overrated...

I think the game is not overrated, and I think the article did a good job of explaining that. Many people say that the game does not live up to today's standards...I think this point is obvious, given the game is now 12 years old. When I hear people make that claim as if it was some way to degrade the game, that's like saying the original Mario Bros was a piece of crap, or that the Old Star Wars movies sucked because they didn't have CGI. That's just ridiculous. When I play the game even today, I am absorbed into it unlike almost any modern day videogame. sure the game boasted amazing graphics, a beautiful musical arrangement, legendary gameplay, and more...but as good as those things were, they have all been surpassed with time..but Ocarina of Time has something that most modern day games lack: heart. The game had a spirituality to it which no amount of expensive hardware can ever create. This game was a labor of love for its developers, and that is what makes it so memorable and timeless. Overrated? No way...
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:21 pm

I assume ocarina of time is your favorite game.
Well personnaly I still enjoy playing old games (nes-snes-psx games) and I always start playing old games I used to play before or that I didnt get the chance to and I still enjoy them even if the graphics are so bad compared to today. I recently started playing zelda SNES again and I still enjoy it. Trying to find all the different hidden heart pieces and all or the upgrades. And I must say it is quite good. And even if I didnt play ocarina of time I still believe that if a game was rated so high bac in his time and if people still enjoy playing it today then I dont think it is overrated
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:54 pm

I think the problem becomes that people just aren't objective enough with a certain thing. Would I call Ocarina of Time the 'greatest game of all time'? Well, no, as in some areas it hasn't aged so well (controls, for example; after playing the smoothness of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, it really goes to show how...well, slow OoT can be at times) and the story isn't that perfect, I still enjoy it. The problem is that, most days, most people declare something overrated just because it's popular and don't give much more thought to it.

Everything should be judged in its own context and this is no exception. By 1998's standards this was completely amazing, almost on the level of Super Mario 64. This is the level we should judge it by, not how well it stacks up to its descendants today (i.e. other adventure games)...at least not too much. Perfect? No. Completely? Well, I disagree.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:52 pm

I would agree Everlong, although despite it's clunkiness compared to today's standards, i would say the game still plays almost perfectly(in my experience at least). All games age, of course, but I believe Ocarina of Time has aged far more slowly than it's fellow N64 brethren. This is a game that could easily best some of today's greatest games, and for that reason, I feel it is impossible for such a game to ever be overrated.

And yes Waaar, it is still my favorite game of all time, although newer games have come very close to surpassing it!
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:06 am

Lol, I read the "review" (read - commercial paid for by some companies named Sony and Microsoft Wink ) and came off with more pros than cons.

I think that Ocarina is slightly overrated because it didn't revolutionize the series as much as some people seem to think. (It's very similar to A Link to the Past in several places. ) That said, Ocarina was, and still is, one of my all-time favorites. It was my very first 3-D game, and I loved all the mini-games, puzzles, and sidequests, not to mention the story. I've had only one game since that clearly beats it (did I ever tell you guys I love Skies of Arcadia? lol!) and one that's about tied (Twilight's Story vs. Ocarina's gameplay.....why can't Nintendo get both right?)
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:01 pm

I never liked the game, but I was young and stupid. I really just liked diving into the water in that canyon, really the only thing I remember.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:39 pm

koopa_under_fire wrote:
I never liked the game, but I was young and stupid. I really just liked diving into the water in that canyon, really the only thing I remember.

LOL! What was that saying about great minds think alike? Lol, I did that too. I don't know why I thought it was so fun, but hey, I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?   Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Zelda: Ocarina of Time Overrated?
Page 1 of 1