For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Top three Anime Movie's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

Top three Anime Movie's Empty
PostSubject: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Yep well this time let's hear about your top three anime movie's

1.Street fighter II
2.DBZ OVA (Broly and Bardock)
3.Transformers (if it count and if doesnt we'll make it count Top three Anime Movie's 486207 Top three Anime Movie's 82623 )
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Let me clear this up by saying I do not really care for "anime" movies. And by Anime, I mean traditional Japanese cartoons. However, I do have a favorite Japanese director who creates beautiful films. His name is Hayao Miyazaki, and although some may consider his movies anime, I do not. I just see them as works of art w/o a necessary need for an "anime" label.

1. My Neighbor Totoro:
This is by far my favorite "anime" movie. I have loved it since I was a child. The scenery, the characters, and the mysterious creatures make this movie so very fun an enjoyable. I love how most of Miyazaki's films have a very heavy eastern philosophy hidden within them. For example, many of the characters in this film come from within nature and have a very spiritual (not in a religious sense) connection with the protagonist, seldom do they speak a word them. This movie is really great, I recommend it to each and every one of you.

2.Kiki's Delivery Service:
Again, this film was made by Hayao Miyazaki, and it's a very fun fairy tale about a young witch. The story line is simple, but very interesting, and a pleasure to watch. Much like My Neighbor Totoro, this film has a very spiritual feel to it. I also recommend this movie.

3. Akira:
Well, I have to list one "action" animated movie don't I? It has been awhile since I have seen this movie. But it is very weird and deranged. It came out in the early 80's in Japan so it has a very old feel to it, however the story line takes place in the future. I think many animes have taken influence from this film, because it really was epic for it's time. Keep in mind this movie is not for children because it is very gory, and almost a bit scary. (Right up my alley.)

Runner Ups:

Howl's Moving Castle

Spirited Away

^ The only reason those two films did not make in onto my top three is because I didn't want the whole list to be of Miyazaki films.
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Yeah I had a hard time choosing between akira and tranformers. Since both of them are kinda old I chose transformers cuz I thought nobody would know about akira. But I preferd the books of akira. There are 12 or 13 books and have more details then the anime and the movie only goes to book 4, so we miss alot after what happens in the end of the movie.
Back to top Go down
AspiR

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:41 pm

I haven't even seen three anime movies, but Cowboy the BeBop: the Movie needs to be here...
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:50 pm

by transformers are we talking about the newest (mature) one, or another one? if we are then I choose that and Spirited Away. in my Geography class last year one of our topics was Japan and it was a total skive Cool all we did was eat haribo with chopsticks, eat seaweed, watch The Simpsons (the one where they go to Tokyo) and watch anime movies (Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle). I didn't like Howl's Moving castle too much though - it was too wierd but it was hilarious when the prince's "true love" liked someone else instead!

P.S. in Spirited Away the evil Witch person had nine chins....yes we were so bored we counted them pirat
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:51 pm

well its the old animated movie of transformers in the 80's or 90's around the time of G.I.Joe
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:02 am

I personally love almost every Miyazaki film, although I thought Princess Mononoke was a bit over the top with blood and gore, which is so very different from his other films.

As for films that are based on animes, they never really turn out that great. The Cowboy Bebop movie was alright, but not as good as the episodes. The DBZ movies were alright I guess, but I hated that none of them really fit in with the story.

The same is true with the Naruto movies, or the ones I've seen at least...but I did like the "Land of Snow" movie.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top three Anime Movie's   Top three Anime Movie's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top three Anime Movie's
Page 1 of 1