For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Final Fantasy I

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

Final Fantasy I Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy I   Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:59 pm

OK so here is my first review that will get followed by alot of other ones and I thought I should start with an old classic since I will do alot of RPG reviews. And since the series are so popular I thought I should start with this one since probably not alot of people have played this one yet. OK before starting I will like to remind you all that I had played this game while it was on the NES and there was yet no 16 bit systems out there (SNES genesis) so my review will be basec depending on comparison with other games of that time and not as of today. Lets Begin!!

Final Fantasy I
The Beginning of a Legacy...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So Final Fantasy (FF from now on) ia a classic RPG game that was the first of many other FFs games that were to follow. And since so many followed and this one has actually came out in the U.S., unlike FF 2,3 or 5, I can already say that it was a good game at its time. Well the story goes as follow. The world is veiled in darkness. The wind stops, the sea is wild, the Earth begins to rot. The people wait for a hope and a prophecy tells of four light warriors that will come and save the word from this darkness. Of course you are the 4 light warriors that carry each an Orb. So you depart on a journey to save the world.

OK the first thing I like about FF 1 actually is that you can choose your party from a set of 6 different types of classes: Fighter, Thief, Black Belt, Red mage, Black mage, White mage. I love it that you can make your own party since if you feel like playing the game again you can choose a different set of classes so that it feels like the game has really different way to play it. You try to beat the game with a equilibrated set of strentgh both in physical and magical way or just finish the game with no magic at all or even play the game with just magic users. And since you can choose a certain class more then once, meaning you could use 4 fighters to play the game. his way you can choose the classes that fits you the best or you prefer to play like. From my point of view the most ballanced party would be a fighter, thiefm white mage and a black mage. Since you have attacking magic, healing magic, strong attacking units and a unit that has a high success in running away you are really well balanced. Pls after a while in the game (around 70% of the game) you will have a chance to have a class change where your fighter will becomes a Knight and can use some white magic, thief becomes a ninja and becomes stronger and cn nw use some black magic, Black belt becomes a master but has no changes at all, and were the 3 other mages becomes wizards and can use more magic then before, just a not the rd mage can use white and black magic and use some fighter weapons and armors but less then all those classes.

Well the game is a kinda easy to understand RPG. Nothing to fancy about it. I twas the first RPG to bring alot of bosses in the game unlike Dragon Warrior/DQ. In this one there were ORBs instead of crystals. You have to fight four fiends also (fire, earth, water and wind). and fight the ultimate Boss eventually but you have more bosses along the way. The combat system is also quite easy. The downside that I find about the battle system is that it takes time after each hit no matter if you hit them or miss them (and you can miss alot, another downfall). The Battle system is a everybody hits once kind, unlike FF IV or VI. The graphics are pretty good For its time compared to other games and the monsters are pretty well done. Depending on the size of the ennemy you can battle from 1 up to 9 ennemy at the same time. Another bad thing about the game is that at one point of the game you have to fight alot of monsters to level up in order to advance in the game and it takes lots of time, hours and this might get boring for some but once your done that part you can easily go through the game without having to level up to much, maybe 1 or 2 level max per section.

^ first boss.

What I liked the most of this game was that it was here that my most favorite character came oput for the first ime in the FF series the black mage. Hehehe and I loved him ever since I first saw him in this game.

So here is my scores

Story : Nothing Great about the story either, nothing you werent expecting or a change or anything but its normal since it was the first in the series, but still a nice story nothing hard to understand 8.0

Graphics : Pretty good for that time and compared to other 8-bit games 9.0

Sound/Music: Nothing great or bad didnt make me want to volume up or put it on mute either: 8.0

Gameplay: A bit slow in battles and I hate the fact that if 2 characters attack the same monster at the same time and if the first one kills it then second one will attack nothing (hate it) but the rest is good: 7.0

Lasting appeal
: As long as you pass the place where you have to level up alot the game makes you want to play again and again so I will give it a 8.0

Overall: Well taking into account of some of the flaws the game has I would have to give it a 8.0 even if I wanted to give more.

But this game was remade with better graphics and many of the flaws were taking away and on that one my rates change as this

Remake's Scores

Story : Still the same story lol so I guess the same score applies also 8.0

Graphics: 9.5

Music: I didnt play the game so I wont change this one 8.0

Game play: No more attacking at an empty square where a monster was defeated anymore and the battles go faster (from what I heard and read) 9.0

Lasting appeal:
This didn't change more since the story and the game remains intact but the battle system is not annoying anymore so you dont feel angry cuz the battle goes faster now 8.5

Overall:
better then the original 8.6

Last edited by waaar81 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
waaar81

waaar81

Final Fantasy I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy I   Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:04 pm

here are some graphics of the new version
PSP version

In case the pics dont show here are the links
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WSX version

PSX version

GBA

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Final Fantasy I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy I   Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Nice review Waaar...even though I've been an FF fan for years, I never knew a thing about this game! For it's time, it really looks pretty good...but man! How things have changed in the FF universe...
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
waaar81

waaar81

Final Fantasy I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy I   Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Ya know I need to do Dragon warrior 1 and 2 and FF IV and VI. And maybe V.
I believe IM gonna be doing classic RPG games reviews only. Well at least for now
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

Final Fantasy I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy I   Final Fantasy I Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:33 pm

very nice.. lovely pictures.. it made want to play a FF game =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy I   Final Fantasy I Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy I
Page 1 of 1