The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Tue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Share | 

The Swine Flu Situation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: The Swine Flu Situation   Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:54 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this on the news(there's no way you could miss it if you have watched the news), but there is a virus which is currently spreading across the world which COULD be end up becoming an epidemic...

It's called the "Swine Flu", and it began in Mexico, and has quickly spread from pigs to humans, and now from human to human. It is a severe influenza that is still mutating, but could become extremely deadly...even worse, is that there is no cure.

It has quickly spread from Mexico, to the U.S., and now to other countries via people on airplanes who give it to people they encounter. The World Health Organization has raised the emergency level to 4...the highest level being 6(complete epidemic and mass disease). While it's still not extremely serious(the only deaths have been in Mexico), the very thought of it is freaking me out...

Many scientists have said it could die out and be nothing, but things have been getting worse...I guess we'll have to wait and see...hopefully everyone here will stay healthy.

--Which would you prefer? Cheap Happiness or sublime suffering?
Perhaps sometimes ignorance really is bliss...
Back to top Go down
http://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: The Swine Flu Situation   Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:30 pm

o have no fear my friend your not really the one in danger for 2 reasons

#1 the first fear was that it was transferred by eating pork which is not true as long as its cooked and since you do not eat it you have nothing to worry about

#2 you do not come into contact with anybody that comes into contact with pigs. (or i dont think you do) i should be the one that is worried because i raise pigs but Mississippi Agriculture department has spent the past few days when it first hit the news going from farm to farm and having every single head of swine test for the flu and so far none (including my family and livestock) have come back as positive for the flu.

StarRoadWarrior
Administrator

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: The Swine Flu Situation   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:02 pm

how to protect yourself

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
FTW Website Discussion
Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm by Forsaken Lament 44
Hello everyone,

If you've seen my portal post, I'm sure you know what's going on. If not, go check it out. But I'd like to get people's opinions on what's going on with FTW. Please post them here, and vote in the poll.

Comments: 171
Video of the Week
Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm by StarRoadWarrior
Howdy guys and girls. I wanted to take this opportunity to announce that I'm bring sexy back bring back the Videos of the week! To make this a big hit i want loads of member input on this so it wont be just videos that i have seen (which is alot btw) videos are not limited to just video games. they can be popular videos that have been seen by …

Comments: 110
Vote for your favorite Chat
Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:46 am by Forsaken Lament 44
Hey guys,

As you may have noticed, the site has been pretty slow lately...but I know everyone's been doing a little bit of lurking, so by now I'm sure you've seen each of the different chats. I changed to Everywhere chat as it seemed like it was what most people wanted, but unfortunately it was buggy and kept Smashed and a few others from being …

Comments: 11