The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!
 
HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 52 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Tue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Share | 
 

 A Problem with today's youth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 pm

You know what I really hate? The concept of underage sex. It's not because "I can't get any" mind you. I just hate how people think they're cool by having underage sex, and the main reason men wear condoms is to prevent having a baby. Seriously, the purpose of sex is to have a child, not for ego++. A kid in my old school (Who is a sophomore, around 16) became pregnant due to her being irresponsible, and she got an abortion because of it. That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, people are so damned self centered, and don't care that they're killing innocent lives just because they want to look cool by having irresponsible sex. Underage sex is illegal for a reason.
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum
Moderator


Number of posts : 616
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:00 am

^
What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:38 pm

KingKlepto2 wrote:
You know what I really hate? The concept of underage sex. It's not because "I can't get any" mind you. I just hate how people think they're cool by having underage sex, and the main reason men wear condoms is to prevent having a baby. Seriously, the purpose of sex is to have a child, not for ego++. A kid in my old school (Who is a sophomore, around 16) became pregnant due to her being irresponsible, and she got an abortion because of it. That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, people are so damned self centered, and don't care that they're killing innocent lives just because they want to look cool by having irresponsible sex. Underage sex is illegal for a reason.

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT

You're right to an extent. Most kids do have sex for ego, especially young boys, but that's not just the whole reason. They do it for the same reasons mature people do it: Pleasure. Sex is done by many because it feels good, there's no lying in that. Granted, most kids at an early age have no idea what they get themselvs into until they've experienced it. But I can guarantee you that after they've had it, they will come back for more because they enjoyed it.

I do agree with you in that kids oftentimes have sex for the sake of jumping on the "sex bandwagon." I do consider it a problem especially with unwanted pregnancies and diseases that occur mainly due to their poor understanding of taking the right steps to protection. They're kids and they tend to forget or ignore these pieces of information. So, do I approve of this? No, I don't think little kids should be running around and doing the nasty. Do I think ego is the only reason? No, there's more to it than ego for some.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:04 am

Also, just to clarify, I am aware that abortion may have to be used in an emergency, but having abortions just because they don't want the baby is a load of garbage. I still don't approve of careless sex, however.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

avatar

Number of posts : 156
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:55 am

Blitz is correct, it's just not for ego boosting - it's because it feels good. Sure, you might argue masturbation is basically the same thing, but there's somewhat of a social stigma upon it, even if people probably do it quite a bit. The stigma for women is that it's not a part of marriage and therefore 'impure' and it's a stigma for most young guys because it implies that you're a lonely little sack and don't have the proper people skills to actually have sex. It's unfortunately a double-edged sword. This is, however, generally expected to be when a society becomes more and more secular - usual traditional views of sex and their place in society and its norms becomes challenged. People will also continue to have abortions, whether it's liked or not, because that usually IS tied to carelessness (though to be fair, I'm sure there are accidents with careful people involved). Underage sex is illegal but there'd be no way to control it unless you had some sort of "1984"-esque surveillance society.

Underage sex, like necrophilia, zoophilia, and pedophilia, whether we like it or not, is here to stay (unless, of course, one might argue for the latter that some form of genetic manipulation might be able to seriously decrease those; if homosexuality is found linked to genes, as is heterosexuality, well I can very much see attempts to see if the above three aren't linked to something; I believe a current hypothesis right now is pedophilia is perhaps related to an underdeveloped pineal gland during puberty...). One might argue that it's because of the U.S.'s 'see no evil, say no evil, or hear no evil' on the subject of sex that might have contributed to it. When it comes to the subject, to some extent, the U.S. is very puritanical about it. It's a social stigma to have sex, for example, outside of marriage. Compare the U.S. to places like Europe and Japan, where sex is around rather freely, and if I recall correctly, I believe the statistics show they have a lower rate of sexual crimes (reported of course...) than the U.S. does. Is it the suppression of something that makes it more enticing and desirable? Perhaps. If someone were to tell you never to do something, well, wouldn't you try to do it? Most Middle Eastern countries follow a similar guideline, some to the extent of near full gender segregation until marriage, and sex in most media forms is probably unheard of. Of course, well, there are far heavier consequences there for sex before marriage than here...
Back to top Go down
waaar81

avatar

Number of posts : 2366
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Blitzsword wrote:



You're right to an extent. Most kids do have sex for ego, especially young boys, but that's not just the whole reason. They do it for the same reasons mature people do it: Pleasure. Sex is done by many because it feels good, there's no lying in that. Granted, most kids at an early age have no idea what they get themselvs into until they've experienced it. But I can guarantee you that after they've had it, they will come back for more because they enjoyed it.

I do agree with you in that kids oftentimes have sex for the sake of jumping on the "sex bandwagon." I do consider it a problem especially with unwanted pregnancies and diseases that occur mainly due to their poor understanding of taking the right steps to protection. They're kids and they tend to forget or ignore these pieces of information. So, do I approve of this? No, I don't think little kids should be running around and doing the nasty. Do I think ego is the only reason? No, there's more to it than ego for some.

QFT

I agree with Blitz

AGAIN MATURE CONTENT


When I first had sex it was out of curiosity and I was wandering what EXACTLY would it feel like. NOthing about showing off in my case. I can say that none of my friends know when was my first time. Personnaly I dont see the reason for me to tell them. Of course some people think differently and some do lie about it when asked off because they wanna be "cool", personnaly I dont think it has anything to do with it. Like I said, for me it was out of curiosity and a little bit out of need also. But after that it was just out of need lol, and like Luis said to satisfy my own hunger and my partner also. And usually when your at school alot of people think that the only ones that do have sex are the more popular ones that are show offs and all or "popular" kids, but that's not true either. The only reason people think that it's because those ones like to brag about it.

While on the subject I often hear and heard people saying that guys were usually the ones who were asking first for sex or they hunger more for it. Personnaly I disagree completly. Usually it depends completly on the person itself. I saw lots of people who had different needs. Some were satisfied after once or twice a week and others had to have sex every 2 days or so to be satisfied. This is for both men/young bpys or woman/girls who started having sex on a regular basis. The casual ones are a different story.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
avatar

Number of posts : 1775
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:55 pm

KingKlepto2 wrote:
You know what I really hate? The concept of underage sex. It's not because "I can't get any" mind you. I just hate how people think they're cool by having underage sex, and the main reason men wear condoms is to prevent having a baby. Seriously, the purpose of sex is to have a child, not for ego++. A kid in my old school (Who is a sophomore, around 16) became pregnant due to her being irresponsible, and she got an abortion because of it. That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, people are so damned self centered, and don't care that they're killing innocent lives just because they want to look cool by having irresponsible sex. Underage sex is illegal for a reason.
agreed every word
Back to top Go down
TrueDestroyer

avatar

Number of posts : 26
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:09 am

KingKlepto2 wrote:
Underage sex is illegal for a reason.
Let me say this loud and clear, so that everyone here catches it, because no one has yet.
Underage sex is not illegal.
Sex with minors is illegal, but two consenting individuals under 18 can legally have sex, at least in the United States.

I don't think that sex is the problem with the youth of the world today. It's the attitude. There is an in general attitude that is adopted across younger and younger generations of disobedience and disrespect. But that attitude doesn't just come out of nowhere. It comes mostly from crappy parenting and bombardment with media of all the wrong types. Music these days glorifies sex. Listen to the radio and see how long it takes you to find a song that isn't about a relationship or sex. Movies are the same way, glorifying sex and sexuality. TV makes a joke out of it most of the time. And it's a parent's job to ground that version of reality. Parents need to parent. They need to control what their children have access to, and they need to talk to them effectively to make sure that if they are exposed to crap, they know how to give it context. You can't just lock down what a kid sees and hears, because eventually they will see or hear something you don't approve of. And when that happens, it's up to what you have taught them for them to know how to react.

Most people would interject something about video games here, so I will too. Games have ratings for a reason. Period. Same with movies. It's a maturity level that you should have before you have access to it. My parents didn't let me watch R rated movies until I was about 15, and that's about when I got my first M rated game, too. But parents these days don't care. They want to make their kids shut up. I worked in a video game store for 2 years, and I don't know how many times GTA3 or GOW (first scene in the game has a sex minigame) or something similar was purchased for an ankle biter. And I would tell the parents and they would say "it ain't nothin' they ain't seein' on the news". For one, yes it is. Secondly, what the 5 are you letting your kids watch the news for? It's on late at night so that parents can send their kids to bed and then catch up on the day's events. Kids should keep at least some remnant of their innocence through early ages, albeit difficult to do in the multimedia environment that we live in.

I'm depressing myself, time to quit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingaddicts.org
koopa_under_fire

avatar

Number of posts : 352
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:41 pm

TrueDestroyer wrote:
KingKlepto2 wrote:
Underage sex is illegal for a reason.
Let me say this loud and clear, so that everyone here catches it, because no one has yet.
Underage sex is not illegal.
Sex with minors is illegal, but two consenting individuals under 18 can legally have sex, at least in the United States.

That's not what my health teach said, she said, it's illegal if both were under 18, I didn't believe her, and I still don't, but that's what she said.
Back to top Go down
TrueDestroyer

avatar

Number of posts : 26
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:20 pm

She lied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingaddicts.org
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 pm

TrueDestroyer wrote:
My parents didn't let me watch R rated movies until I was about 15, and that's about when I got my first M rated game, too.
I find this laughable. You go on about how we should listen to ratings, yet you didn't at your age.

Also health teachers never tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
TrueDestroyer

avatar

Number of posts : 26
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:28 am

I didn't say anything about a strict enforcement of ratings. Read what I said. I said maturity level. Nothing about age. It's at the parents' discretion as to when to let kids watch movies at which ratings. I was talking about how parents need to pay attention to ratings as far as what they allow their kids to see/play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingaddicts.org
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Problem with today's youth   

Back to top Go down
 
A Problem with today's youth
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Photobucket Problems
» Arena Tournament Problem
» VTS 200 TECHNICAL PROBLEM
» Ekzos Sensor Problem
» crankshaft problem....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: FTW General Discussion :: Intellectual Discussion and Current Events-
Jump to: