For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

New PS3 Bundle Coming?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New PS3 Bundle Coming? Empty
PostSubject: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I happened to stumble on some very interesting news from IGN. It seems that the PS3 may be giving newcomers their money's worth in the near future.

July 6, 2009 - Late last week, Kotaku reported on a possible Best Buy bundle that was apparently coming this Sunday. The bundle would include an 80 GB PS3 system and a copy of both Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 -- two of the system's most well-received titles. This would certainly be one of the most appetizing bundles to come along, as the price, according to Kotaku's report, would be the standard $400.

We contacted several local Best Buys to ask if this bundle was in their systems but none of the employees could find any listing for the item. We also reached out to local GameStops to confirm if this was indeed a Best Buy-only package, but those employees had little information about whether the bundle would ever hit shelves outside of Best Buy stores.

A Sony representative was not available for comment at the time this article was written. We'll update this story as soon as official word comes in.

--Ryan Clements, IGN

Here's a pic to prove it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:46 pm

It's official. I just came from Target today (July 8, 2009) and I saw the bundles behind the glass shelves with a price tag of $400. There was also a different type of bundle with a different game but I didn't take a good look to tell you. So if anyone is interested in these bundles, I suggest you go to Target and buy one as I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes, that is of course if you really want one.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:13 pm

hmmm i have not really though about buying a PS3 BUT a MGS4 and Killzone 2 has sparked my interest in getting it but what other would i get?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:28 pm

In terms of games? It depends on what you like. I recommend LittleBigPlanet, Valkyria Chronicles, the New Final Fantasy 13s (one is an exclusive) and God of War 3. There's also Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Folklore, Call of Duty (not sure if that's an exclusive), SOCOM, Heavenly Sword, Killzone, Warhawk and much more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 pm

inFAMOUS is very good, I love it.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 pm

now see infamous looked really cool (its the kick ass lighten power Wink )

littlebigplanet.... im not sure about that one never sparked my interest

Valkyria Chronicles very interested

God of War 3 not interested
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:58 am

Star Road Warrior wrote:
now see infamous looked really cool (its the kick ass lighten power Wink )

littlebigplanet.... im not sure about that one never sparked my interest

Valkyria Chronicles very interested

God of War 3 not interested

And HIGHLY recommended! LittleBigPlanet is alright though and I say this since I've played it once, although a lot of people clamour over it. MGS4 is a must for the system as is Killzone. If you're an RPG fan then you've got a lot of games headed your way. White Knight, Final Fantasy Versus 13, Kingdom Hearts 3 and much more. Like I said it all depends on what you look for in a game whether its genre, simplicity, story or a little bit of everything.

All in all, the PS3 is a great system it's just the price that has been keeping it from being enjoyed by many. The bundle may not really count as a drop in price, but it does give you a good deal by giving you 2 great titles. Online is very fun and the DLCs are worth it. I recently downloaded Final Fantasy 7 (a game I've never played before) and I'm enjoying every minute of it! The original Metal Gear Solid is also up for download for those who are into MGS.

Hopefully you end up picking a PS3 sometime in the near future so that we can play online ! Smile
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 am

Blitzsword wrote:
The original Metal Gear Solid is also up for download for those who are into MGS.

Hopefully you end up picking a PS3 sometime in the near future so that we can play online ! Smile

yes YES and MORE YES to MGS. games that im looking at are shooters, RPG, open world games, and maybe fighting games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 am

Star Road Warrior wrote:
Blitzsword wrote:
The original Metal Gear Solid is also up for download for those who are into MGS.

yes YES and MORE YES to MGS. games that im looking at are shooters, RPG, open world games, and maybe fighting games

My friend, all I have to say is welcome to the realm of Sony! Well, I'll say it again should you ever buy the thing, haha!

Open world games: Monster Hunter 3 is all I know of right now, and let me just say, it looks amazing. It's an MORPG but it appeals to me. I have the PSP demo and even that looks amazing!

RPGs: Valkyria Chronicles (again, Highly recommended), White Knight, Final Fantasy 13 (both), Folklore, Gundam: Dynasty Warriors, Assassain's Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Castlevania, The Last Guardian (looks very promising)

Fighting: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Soul Calibur 4 (but you have that), Tekken 6, BlazBlue, Street Fighter 4, Fight Night 4

Shooters: MGS4, Turok, SOCOM, Call of Duty series, Bioshock, Killzone, Resistance (all of them)

There's also the Online Downloads filled with tons of classics! If you ever do pick up the system and need any more info or recommendatons, let me know and I'll help you out! Cool
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:22 am

lol ok one question do you have a link to where there selling the bundle because i have not seen it yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:28 am

At the moment I don't, but I'll find one for you. When I do, I'll post it up A.S.A.P. It's wierd since I saw the bundles at Target today so they should have them online as well. Best Buy is also supposedly going to sell these as well.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:36 am

ah ok well thanks for all the information that you have given so far im sure that i will...... some time...... in the near....... or far....... future......... be ......getting ....... a ......PS3 and i will also have some questions to ask
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:38 am

Star Road Warrior wrote:
ah ok well thanks for all the information that you have given so far im sure that i will...... some time...... in the near....... or far....... future......... be ......getting ....... a ......PS3 and i will also have some questions to ask

No problem! Did you see the link? It has the thing listed on the Best Buy website.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:39 am

yes i did thanks for that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:40 am

Awesome! Come back anytime you have any questions then! Smile
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:59 am

Same here I'm open to questions too, and I have to say, MAG looks AMAZING!!!!!! Also you've got all of the great mulitplatform games, like Burnout, which is only 20 bucks and can be downloaded directly to you're PS3, with some of the most amazing dlc I've ever seen in a video game.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:04 am

i do have one more question and this is about online. how is online in like games like MGS4 i ask about that game because that will be the first one that i get that and infamous and maybe little big planet im not going to get games that i already have on xbox like soul calibur and street fighters or any other game that is on both consoles
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:23 am

Star Road Warrior wrote:
i do have one more question and this is about online. how is online in like games like MGS4 i ask about that game because that will be the first one that i get that and infamous and maybe little big planet im not going to get games that i already have on xbox like soul calibur and street fighters or any other game that is on both consoles

I never played it because you have to sign up for a Konami ID online. I heard there's a lot of spawn camping and it's just an average online game, nothing special, not bad by any means. I haven't owned MGS4, but I've rented it, and I just never got around to playing online.

I'm not 100 % sure on what I just said, but I'm pretty sure it's correct, just look up some reviews, I know Game Informer did a review on just the online a while back, I'll see if I can find it some time.

EDIT: What about the 250 GB bundle the PS3 is doing with Final Fantasy 13, I think it's only in Japan, but it's a white PS3 Slim and it looks cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:19 pm

You are correct Koopa. Though, from my experience in online gaming with MGS4, it's really entertaining! You get up to 18 people in a single game to duke it out. The combat is true to the single player and there really isn't a lot of lag as you would expect. The only real issue I have with the online mode is the waiting time for a room. It's not that there's lag, it's that its looking for players for the chosen room but that's just a minor con about it. Either way, MGS4 is an epic title and should be purchase not b/c of online play, but b/c of the game as a whole.

Now if you're talking about online gaming in general, I'd say it's fairly decent. I'm completely satisfied with the offerings. You don't have to buy a router/modem for the system to connect, hence the built-in wi-fi, nor do you have to pay monthly to enjoy online gaming. You get an online store where you purchase and download games and DLC. Soe things are free. Also available in the PS Store are TV shows and Movies in HD as well as music and demos. You get an internet browser and you can order Papa John's Pizza through the PS3. Being that you already have an XBOX, I can say you'll probably think it's no cut above the online experience, as it isn't as robust as the 360's Live. Either way, the PS3 is a must own system for its exclusives. I've mentioned before great titles that are available for the system such as Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, and the God of War series. It all depends on what you look for to be honest.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:40 pm

well like i said before i will be getting one soon maybe as an early birthday present to myself
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Star Road Warrior wrote:
well like i said before i will be getting one soon maybe as an early birthday present to myself

That would be cool, I have to say though, the online on the PS3 isn't that far behind the 360 and I'm surprised it was ever free to be completely honest. It was pretty crappy when the PS3 first came out, but since I got my PS3 it's been great, with some big updates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:06 pm

koopa_under_fire wrote:
Star Road Warrior wrote:

That would be cool, I have to say though, the online on the PS3 isn't that far behind the 360 and I'm surprised it was ever free to be completely honest. It was pretty crappy when the PS3 first came out, but since I got my PS3 it's been great, with some big updates.

I agree! The fact that most people consider it lame is inaccurate. The Home feature for the PS3 has greatly improved as well. To be quite frank, I don't use it as much but it still is a huge improvement from when it first came out. Honestly, when it comes to it, I couldn't believe the improvement of the online features it has as a whole. Like Koopa said, it's hard to believe this is even free at all. Personally, I think everyone should purchase each system if they have the money to spend. There's really no better system out there, just the fact that each one has different features as well as pros and cons. That said, I'll purchase a 360 sometime soon once I get the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 Bundle Coming?   New PS3 Bundle Coming? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New PS3 Bundle Coming?
Page 1 of 1