For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Empty
PostSubject: Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage   Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:05 am

Apparently under all of that space armor, Samus Aran hides a secret. She is a lesbian. In a first person narrative by Samus herself, the famed bounty hunter reveals her true self and also has a few things to say about the Galactic Federations laws on gay marriage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

While I don't think the article is incredibly well done, it is an interesting read. It's kinda funny. Kinda.

But, behind the satire, there's a very real issue at hand. Gay marriage is now legal in 3 States in the US, and by January 2010, 3 more state will have made it legal. In 5 more years, how many more states will follow their lead?

What's your take?

(perhaps this is better suited for another board)
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage   Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 am

I've got nothing against it, it's their life, their opinions, and they don't bother me. They can live their life as they wish, and whatever makes them happiest.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage   Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:15 pm

What really bothers me about homosexuality, isn't that it would change the definition of marriage. It's the definition of a smaller word that bothers me - Love.

How many times do people define it as "A really good feeling", or in particular, "a mutual consent between two (or more) adults"? Love, in it's true meaning, is a commitment to do what's best for a person, despite whatever it may cost you. Taking what you desire, regardless of how much it may harm yourself or another is lust, not love. This is true even if it's mutual lust.

Homosexuality is harmful to all those involved. For example, according to the Centers for Disease Control, homosexual men are a thousand times more likely to contract AIDS than the general male heterosexual population! An estimated 30 percent of all 20-year-old homosexual men will be HIV positive or dead by the age of 30.

Research has shown that men and women living homosexually are at substantially higher risk for some forms of emotional problems, including suicidality, major depression and anxiety disorder, conduct disorder and nicotine dependence.

While I've been accused of being a "gay hater" more times than I can count, the truth is anything but that. Is it hate to care about another person's well-being? Is indifferance to another really so noble?

In the end, I don't believe it's the governments place to outlaw homosexual "acts", despite the fact that it's so detrimental. Neither do I have any respect for those who do act hatefully towards people tempted by homosexuality. However, the government has even less buisness encouraging the practice by legalizing homosexual "marriage"....after all, which matter more - A feels-good philosphy, or the people themselves?

My 0.2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage   Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Samus Speaks Out On Gay Marriage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: FTW General Discussion :: Intellectual Discussion and Current Events-
Jump to: