For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Pokemon the Series-Should it end?

Go down 
+5
StarRoadWarrior
SmashedBrother
BrawlBrotherKOking
BrightScales
Forsaken Lament 44
9 posters

Should Pokemon End?
Yes
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Vote_lcap63%Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
No
Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Vote_lcap37%Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Back

AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:46 pm

I remember watching pokemon when i was in grade school, back when the cards were amazing, Pokemon Red and Blue were the greatest games on earth, and the show was constantly on my television. Whenever I turn on the TV and see that Pokemon is on however, i can't help but notice that they STILL have new episodes, yet, many characters seemed to have vanished...as well as a lack of real meaning with the show...Are they just dragging on to make money, or is it a show that really needs to go on?
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:51 pm

The televesion show IMO died a while back it needs to stop but the game no the games should keep coming the platform games like wii games not the ds games need to stop but the handheldgames are good IMO
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:05 am

NO!!!!!!!! it should never end each generation new kids are discovering and so technically it never gets old! and pokemon is the largest game i know of. its awesome !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 1:40 am

XD
Back to top Go down
BrawlBrotherKOking

BrawlBrotherKOking

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:01 am

THANK YOU CORY.

Well lets look at this they are comming up with stuff on the spot it bothers me don't get me wrong I too loved pokemon in my youth as many of you and yes pokemon blue and red were amazing evn silver and gold were ok but lets see:

!. there is like over 450 of them wth??? I tought 152 were a lot then 250 I was like ok thats alright but over 400 thats well too much.

2.with every season they discover a set of new pokemon that have never been mentioned or even seen before wth? how is that possible?

3. well as some or most of you know pokemon can breed with different types of other pokemon wouldn't that make a wird looking thing but as a result you get the mom as a baby verzion instead

4.there is over 30 legendary pokemons now what is the deal with that.

I could go on forever but I want your points on this first:).

The king king

PS: a good series knows when to end like Cowboy beboop and DB not dbz but Dragon ball.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Hmm...I haven't really watched that many Pokemon shows (They supported abortion so we avoided them. I did want to watch them, but...)
so I can't really say.

As long as they're making money from the shows, they'd be idiots to kill it, if you think about it, so don't expect it to disappear anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:04 pm

i hate to say it but it may not be to long before pokemon is gone because in the last game the last pokemon was a god pokemon how do u beat that? or what do u make that is better than a god? and it is the same thing over and over again. it is getting boring
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:18 am

SmashedBrother wrote:
Hmm...I haven't really watched that many Pokemon shows (They supported abortion so we avoided them. I did want to watch them, but...)
so I can't really say.

As long as they're making money from the shows, they'd be idiots to kill it, if you think about it, so don't expect it to disappear anytime soon.

abortion is killing offspring right so...wait a minute Im not sure how they supported it IK they supported mating but abortion idk lol they supported kidnapping
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm

silver and sapphire (the ones I've got) were amazing but they're just milking it now! It'll go on but only the younger generations will like it as it hasn't changed much since red and blue.
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 pm

I say it should end I never got into that thing anyway!!
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Just like Leon and Fire pointed out, the show has changed and dragged out...and for a purpose-money. Like DBZ and many other shows, when it's a popular franchise, the producers simply don't want to cut off the money show. The problem with this method however is that they don't take the show's quality into account. Naturally, the story starts to floudnder when a show is dragged on...but then again, maybe we fans of the older episodes are just complaining because we preferred the OLD episodes...to the newer generation like Pugs, this stuff is all fresh and knew...so i guess it goes both ways...
Back to top Go down
---

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:16 pm

it's true there milking the franchise but it's human nature, they might even kill it but in my oppinion, I dont think it should die, it's a basic show where kids can learn common sence and build up morales and valors, people who hate pokemon are pretty much stupid, here in quebec and as you could see in waaar behavior =p, it wasn't acepted by everyone compare to japan where they proudly show it, if someone were to walk with a pokemon T-shirt, someone who wasn't a kid , would probably be made fun of and eventually be bullyed even kids wearing this are picked on, so here in quebec people are stupid, they are against whats popular, truth is, only a handfull of people disliked pokemon but since quebec's people are followers, they started to hat it, not because of personnal beives but because others didn't like it
ask people of quebec why they dont like it and you'll probably get an answer like: it's gay, it's young or look!!! he likes pokemon!!!

I guess it's human nature to be that way but I think it's a shame people never actually took some te to think about why they hate thing and why they like stuff >.>
it's basic and easy to understand my oppinion in this matter, kids needs good shows to watch, where they learn common sence and how not to be an ass in societe =D
Back to top Go down
webweaver

webweaver

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:56 pm

it should end or it will turn out like inuyasha a sitcom. the best pokemon was the first one still they should end it and save wat talent they have for digemon
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm

webweaver wrote:
it should end or it will turn out like inuyasha a sitcom. the best pokemon was the first one still they should end it and save wat talent they have for digemon
i agree about the digimon idea...
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:56 pm

You make some valid points Stephane, society is definitely unkind to those who express their liking many kinds of anime, but my problem with Pokemon is not the show itself(or the people who like it)....I used to love the show to death. It's the fact that the've dragged it out for years and years...in my opinion, the best animes know when it is time to end, and to stop the fillers. While I think that there are great lessons to be learned and pokemon to be explored, are the show's creators ruining the story for that reason? I mean, i haven't kept up with it...but where is Misty? and even Brock isn't always there...and is Ash still competing with Gary?!

Like Web said, many other animes, like Inuyasha, have suffered from this...Pokemon is a legend..i don't want to see it happen to pokemon too(well, it may be too late)
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:33 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
You make some valid points Stephane, society is definitely unkind to those who express their liking many kinds of anime, but my problem with Pokemon is not the show itself(or the people who like it)....I used to love the show to death. It's the fact that the've dragged it out for years and years...in my opinion, the best animes know when it is time to end, and to stop the fillers. While I think that there are great lessons to be learned and pokemon to be explored, are the show's creators ruining the story for that reason? I mean, i haven't kept up with it...but where is Misty? and even Brock isn't always there...and is Ash still competing with Gary?!

Like Web said, many other animes, like Inuyasha, have suffered from this...Pokemon is a legend..i don't want to see it happen to pokemon too(well, it may be too late)
to answer your questions:
1) Ash left Misty back in Kanto/Johto region, I think...
2) Brock someone magically meets up with Ash and Dawn (the "new" Misty) in the Sinnoh region.
3) Gary and Ash became friends after Ash beat Gary in the Pokemon championship thing (I know, it sucks).
If any points are wrong anyone is free to correct me as I don't really watch pokemon anymore.
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
---

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:24 pm

well like I said cory, pokemon is a kid show, and kids dont think about complicated stuff like compagnie profit and the consept of milking something is not clear to them, all they know is that they like what they see, the dont actually know that there was more seasons of the anime before what they saw and they probably dont care either since for them, it's there first season, I dont really think it's up to us to think weather it should end or not but rather the simple fact it's still playing new episodes proves that kids still likes it.

and sure the compagnie might be "milking" the franchise but to be frank, in the world we live in right now, everyone is doing that, even Kraft dinner >.>
so I dont really see a probleme as why it should end as long as kids enjoy watching it
my room mate is that way too >.>
whenever he see something that he find has been there long he criticise the fact it should be dead for a long time
without thinking why exactly it's still there

and beside, what would ending the show accomplish?
kids would turn out to something else?
maybe something not as good for there minds, stuff like shin-chan >.>
god that be the day XD
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:45 pm

it seems to lag on anymore.. its almost getting old
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon the Series-Should it end?   Pokemon the Series-Should it end? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon the Series-Should it end?
Page 1 of 1