For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

New vs. the Old

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

New vs. the Old Empty
PostSubject: New vs. the Old   New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:59 pm

So.....hiow would you compare the new characters like sonic and Ike to the older characters there. Are they overpowered? Or about even?

Any comments?
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

New vs. the Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: New vs. the Old   New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 pm

id say ike is more overpowered.... pika was underpowered.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

New vs. the Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: New vs. the Old   New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 pm

I would say they are all more diversed in their own way and all have flaws that can be used agaisnt them. Wont give ya'll the flaws cuz I dont want them to be used agaisnt me but the most simple and easiest one people make mistake with ike is that when he is near the edge and tries to hit but is either hit with any kind of attacks that make him back up and go down the stage he doesnt have time to use up B fast enough to get back on the stage even if hes at full strength cuz his attack in the air takes too much time to complete. Dont know if its clear enough but if you have seen it or played ike and died that way you surely know what Im talking about. That was just 1 example of his falws he does have others and other characters have other flaws as well. easiest way to find out is to play with them yourself.

So for my final decision I would say they are more diversify but not overpowered.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Battlecry18

Battlecry18

Number of posts : 10

New vs. the Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: New vs. the Old   New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:36 pm

i agree with waar, theyre definitely more diverse, especially since there isnt really any clones this time around. however i think that although some may seem overpowered, like ike, they also have large vulnerabilities. except metaknight Razz
my only real annoyance with the brawl is that some of the characters seems a little half baked. like sonic for example. all his moves are the same and you can recover infinitely because of his Neutral B move.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

New vs. the Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: New vs. the Old   New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:04 pm

@Waaar & BattleCry - Same here. They tend to be extremely good at something and do horribly somewhere else (I.e Ike is extremely powerful, and pretty quick for a heavy weight but his moves leave so darn vulnerable for the most part.)

Personally, I think Lucas is actually a pretty interesting character. I used to try to use Ness back when Melee wasn't obsolete, but never really got anywhere with him thanks to his yo-yo and mostly useless special attacks. (except for PK Fire, which was great). Lucas, on the other hand still has a few problems, but his recovery is significantly better, and he's actually able to fight!

Quote :
my only real annoyance with the brawl is that some of the characters seems a little half baked. like sonic for example. all his moves are the same and you can recover infinitely because of his Neutral B move.

Not to mention he has two moves that are virtually the same and his Final Smash is waaaaaaaaay too overpowered. Rolling Eyes .

Oh, btw. Love the avatar Battlecry!

P.S. Speaking of which, get your sig back up Waaar!

Kourtney Kardashian
Back to top Go down

New vs. the Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: New vs. the Old   New vs. the Old Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Lol! I remember there was a time when people were claiming that Sonic's Final Smash looks lame and that it wasn't going to do much in terms of taking out opponents. To their surprise, Sonic's FS is killer. As far as everything goes, I'm still to this day bummed at Wolf's FS. I honestly thought he would summon his Starwolf team to help him out in battle much like Pit and DDD do for their Final Smash. I have no gripes about Falco as I used to being that it almost makes sense.

Another "lol" moment is when I remember people claiming that Falco was going to be able to use two guns instead of one. This was all due to the Subspace Emissary movie that was leaked months before the game actually came out. Needless to say, they must've felt pretty stupid after playing as him only to find out one laser gun in his arsenal.

For the most part, I can say that Brawl has leveled the power of each character as opposed to Melee. There were plenty of characters that were overpowered in Melee such as Link and Bowser, as well as plenty of under-powered characters like Pichu, Mewtwo, and Young Link. Despite the fact that I enjoyed Melee more than Brawl, I still felt that there was an un-eveness in power between some characters. Not by much, but enough to make you notice it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New vs. the Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: New vs. the Old   New vs. the Old Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New vs. the Old
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: Consoles and Platforms :: Nintendo Games and Consoles-
Jump to: