For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Empty
PostSubject: Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....   Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:32 pm

I know at least most of us here were disappointed with the Phantom Menace & Attack of the Clones way back when, so I'm curious - How would you change the stroy if you could?

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....   Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:07 pm

I wouldn't change it at all. Sure it had it's mistakes and downfalls, but don't all movies? No, even with the prequels not being very straong (especially Episode III *shudder*), the saga was brilliant and at least it made sense.
And anyway, even if the prequels were re-done, they would only be hindered by the suffocating overuse of the green scene and CGI. No, anymore work to the saga would ruin it and this way it stays a legacy as it should be.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....   Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Hypothetically, if you were to change it, I would do more work with Anakin. Overall, I think he came across as winy and gave in WAY too quickly to Palpatine...they really didn't establish how he suddenly hated the Jedi...one moment, he defended the Jedi way to Mace Windu when he was about to kill Palpatine, telling him "he must stand trial," then a few hours later he's telling Obi Wan that the "Jedi are evil." He also says he wants to kill Palpatine, but then says to Palpatine that he'll do "whatever you ask." Then of course, Padme dies for a really ridiculous reason. I mean, it all works i guess, but lets face it, it could have been a bit stronger. Besides, how many decades did Lucas have to think about all of this??

And that's just Revenge of the Sith....don't get me started on the others.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....   Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Didnt they do the movies according to the books? So since I didnt read them I cant say it's because of the book and all, but if there was to change something I wouldnt add the clones. Nope it doesnt make sense with episode 4, 5, 6 (since no one looks like clones in those ones).
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....   Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Well, they never show any Stormtroopers without their helmets, but they do have different voices. They explain that by saying that the Empire began using different clones and normal recruits as time went on. Either way, the Clone explanation works, although it might not be the very best option Lucas could have went with. I mean, the notion that the Republic had NO army prior to the Clone Wars is a little farfetched.

Also, Lucas wrote the stories Waaar, they weren't based on books. I know Lucas used some characters and plot pieces from some books and stories written by other authors, but he did most of the creative work.

I'm wondering what people think of the Force Unleashed's story. If you've played the game or at least watched the cutscenes, you'll know that the story is really quite good...arguably better than the prequel trilogy. I'm not sure if it's confirmed cannon (I think it is) but it seems like it could make a good film. My only gripes would be how powerful Starkiller is (he beats Vader and Palpatine and slays mass Imperial armies with ease) and the whole covert operation Vader was running. Besides those issues, everything else seemed quite good.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
bigfoot6

PostSubject: ReWrites   Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:55 am

I don't know... It's all hypothetical...

I guess what I always wanted was another yet darker potential love triangle ala Luke-Leia-Han but btw Anakin-Amidala-(Another Male Jedi). It just would have taken it to a whole new level... It could have even started in Episode I with ObiWan as a Jedi Master already (still young, but not a student) with a rebel streak in himself (cheating as QuiGon does in Ep I) but having a padawan the same age as Anakin, maybe a little older teenager... (oh, and that doesn't die in Episode I)... Amidala could have used the 2nd guy to run to after discovering she was pregnant by Anakin, and they could have written the story such that he 2nd guy would have been "father" to Luke (being a good pilot and Jedi Knight, working on freighter, giving his lightsaber to Luke (vs. Anakin's?))... An "equal" though not as strong as Anakin... It would have been more meaningful in Anakin's turn to have him kill his "brother" than another Jedi Master that wasn't really established as having any meaningful relationship with Anakin (Mace). Then the fight with Obi-Wan as the conclusion of Episode III would have been better to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....   Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-write the script to the Star Wars prequels....
Page 1 of 1