For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
New or Old? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
New or Old? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
New or Old? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
New or Old? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
New or Old? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
New or Old? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

New or Old?

Go down 
+4
waaar81
SmashedBrother
BrawlBrotherKOking
SilensCaelum
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Which do you prefer new or old anime? Personally I like the old stuff. It's more original... anime nowadays is kinda lacking...
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
BrawlBrotherKOking

BrawlBrotherKOking

Number of posts : 156

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 am

I agree with you skye Wink

The King king
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Silens_Caelum wrote:
Which do you prefer new or old anime? Personally I like the old stuff. It's more original... anime nowadays is kinda lacking...

AMEN! (That means so be it) We don't really see much anime here, but the old ones are almost always better
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Ya old animes were definately better plus some of the new ones look kinda like the old ones!! At least the way the story evolves!!
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 8:44 pm

YAY OLD!!!! But WHICH old ones???? Which animes are you guys talking about exactly??? I mean...when i think old i think Speed Racer and Astro Boy...are those really your guys' favorites?? Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Well I think about Fatal fury movies and street fighter 2 the animated movie, DB and DBZ, Transformers to, CONAN, and a few others!!!
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Battlecry18

Battlecry18

Number of posts : 10

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 pm

you see for me im really on the fence for this one. i mean yes skye i agree with you completely, the older stuff has much more originality in it. for example, inuyasha, DBZ (all), digimon, pkmn, death note, and elfen lied are all awesome old anime. but with all the good new stuff like samuria champloo, naruto, trinity blood, etc its hard to say which is better. the good new stuff can really surprise me sometimes, i mean naruto definitely is one of the most emotion driven anime ever, so for me its hard to compare.
Back to top Go down

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:25 am

Yah! I love Inuyasha and DB/DBZ but some stuff today is still good like bleach,....I still will always like one piece technically its a old anime but were still in the early episodes in the US...I dont care too much for naruto, I mean i like it but it doesnt match up to a good episode of DBZ.
Back to top Go down
---

Number of posts : 63

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: >_>   New or Old? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm

What we whave here is a clear missunderstanding of what should be an old anime in people's mind XD

really, what could br considered OLD is the drawing itself and the techniques for the animetion sequences, what in my mind would be the perfect exemple would be DBZ, at the very start of the anime, the graphics were OLD as well as the voice records

So in my oppinion, bleach and DBZ starting at CELL's saga are somewhat NEW animes
the content varie I've watched very plain anime from NEW ones and I've seen very plain stuff from the OLD as well so I guess to sum it all up, it depends of personnal taste and of way of thinking, nowdays, animes are much more deep in though then in the old time but in the old time, violence could be generated from nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:54 am

hmmm interesting take from a vetted anime watcher...naturally there are differences, but like Battlecry pointed out, there are good things about both...and obviously, we couldn't have the new without the old, so there is value in that. I do however agree with Stephane that newer animes(at least some of them) possess deper themes thanolder ones...for me, that's a must for a truly outstanding anime.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:43 pm

ok i have not posted a lot in the anime threads but i will put my input in now. the older anime is better by far to me. some of my favorites being the classic pokemon, DB/DBZ, and my all time favorite YU-GI-OH. but it is sad to see that now the newer episodes are just plane weird. 2 examples i can give is pokemon and yugioh. when pokemon started out it had 3 main characters that were the good guys (ash, brock, and misty) and team rocket i could not wait till the next episode or movie would come out. but now there is over 100 minor characters the 3 main ones are not the same team rocket is gone (but the 2) now its team galaxy or something like that i guess to be different you have to change something. as for yugioh yugi (the main person) is gone! how can u take the main person out? you have to change the title now. its not the same. like i also told carlos one time the first season (before GX and this stupid 5D ) it had true history in it and that is why i liked it. now the show is about dueling on bikes? what is the deal with that? eh i will never know. well that is the end of my rant for today and that is why i like older anime better
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:00 pm

I know what you mean Jody, newer anime has a lot of gimmicks to catch peoples attention. However, the actual anime lack plot, character development, and lasting appeal. As for pokemon, that show should have ended a long time ago. The new games are great, but they are essentially the same thing over, and over. And that's what the show is now, repetitive crap. It's ok for a game to be repetitive (especially a game like pokemon.) But there is no reason the show needs to represent the games completely anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:20 pm

im glad that some one else sees it the same way i do. that is why i do not watch as much anime now as i use to. like u said the games are good but the show......................... yawn Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:18 am

Well, like I said guys...Anime that was made in the 90's really isn't considered old, and you can't dislike 'newer' anime because some of the new stuff is just a continuation...it just seems like you hate old animes that have been extended up until now. sure I know what you mean, they love dragging this stuff out. But at the same time, there are plenty of great newer animes. I think what it comes down to is the question of whther or not the anime should be milked forever...for example, I'm not sure if any of you have watched Inuyasha, but it is a great anime, or, at least it USED to be...they had many opportunities to end it beautifuly, but always opted for a to drag it out with fillers...I still have never seen the end, and I really don't want to after seeing how much they've ruined it...But at the same time, I just watched Death Note, which was nothing short of amazing! But it only lasted less than 40 episodes...but it ended perfectly, and didn't need to keep going. It was made in 2007, which is almost as new as you can get...so I think we should look at fillers and length more than when exactly it was made.
Back to top Go down
---

Number of posts : 63

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:03 pm

lmao cory XD

anime of the 90's ARE old BUT are not DEAD theres a gigantic gap between old and dead XD
people's still like patlabor and stuff but because people like them dosen't make then new XD

dragon ball Z is considered old, graphycally speaking, most recent animes are top nuch on graphics and if theres bad graphics, it's what the autor's wanted to do XD
on other old shows, if the grapics were bad, it was because they couldn't make it better is all
now it dosen't mean that they are bad shows, simply it's a testimony of there age thus old

in my oppinion , not on a maketing point of view >.>, some animes that are streched in life spawn like pokemon and power rangers will most likely never die because there alaways anew generation of kids liking them, lwant it or not, pokemon and power rangers are kid's show, everyone can like them I'm not saying dult cant like them but they were meant for kids so in that spirit, new generations like it and they get the same feeling as anyone that saw the start of the serie thats why I think they will never die

lol and cory, 40 episode IS considered like a long show, not like naruto, inu-yasha and such, there long because they were insanely popular in there maga form o in monthly review like Shonen jump
nowdays, the tendency is to shorter anime, 11~13 episode iand 22~24 episode is considered average
theres even anime that are as short as 4~6 episode and I'm not talking about OAV
there very small shows and they have insane graphics and storyline XD
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:47 pm

Well I suppose what it comes down to is simply the type of anime that you are watching. Some animes are simply meant to be long...I mean, look at the differences- DBZ and Naruto, for example, literally have tons of characters who can come in and out of the story, and can be used to widen the story itself...they are also seperated into archs. Smaller animes like Cowboy Bebop or even Fooly Cooly, center around only a very few characters, and are not really meant to last long in the first place...after all, there's only so much you can do with such a small amount.

As to the issue being new or old, I think it doesn't really make too big of a difference. Whether you look at the 90's, or now, we've always had long and short animes...and I'll admit the longer ones obviously outlast the short ones in popularity. I mean, DBZ ended years ago, and people still talk about it like crazy. I'm sure te same will be true of Naruto and Bleach. Still, I think Bleach and Naruto have a higher quality than DBZ. DBZ becae repetative...new bad guy shows up, everyone powers up one by one, bad guy dies after a super long battle(like 50 eps worth) thn there's a small arch of fillers, before, yup, you guessed it, another bad guy shows up and the whole thing starts over. I don't see that as much with Naruto...instead, i see more character development and real story progression (this was true for Inuyasha before they spoiled it)...so i would say it's a good sign. Still, i think animes should know when to stop, and not to cheapen their anime with useless fillers which could end up hurting the show in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New or Old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New or Old?   New or Old? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New or Old?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: FTW General Discussion :: The Media Center-
Jump to: