For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Cross game chat never coming to the ps3

Go down 
+2
Blitzsword
TreISGood
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TreISGood

TreISGood

Number of posts : 65

Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shame for anybody that plays on the ps3. It really is a nice feature, although most fanboys will argue that it isn't needed. I guess it's what you get for going the cheap route and buying a ps3, though.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Meh, I don't really care. I guess you can call me a fanboy if that makes you feel better but cross game chat REALLY isn't necessary. All I want to do is beat other players, not chat with them. Besides, REAL men don't chat, jk.

Last edited by Blitzsword on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:56 pm

You can't even imagine how it can be used. For one, it's actually "Party" chat, and it comes very much in handy. For one, you don't have to listen to all the 10 year olds who also happen to have mics. Secondly, if you're playing with several friends and the game server disconnects everyone, getting back together can take a lot longer as everyone has to resort to sending messages to communicate, while in a chat you can just say to everyone "Oh, we d/ced, I'll reinvite you guys.

And if you're serious about actually beating the other players, communicating is necessary in order to make it happen. Also, considering you spend so much time on the chat box I find your comments about real men not chatting hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:04 pm

As you're allowed to. Speaking of hypocrisy, you're still posting despite you claiming to be done with this site. But that's beside the point. I honestly don't care for it. If I want to shut off little kids from a certain game, then I can just mute them (at least in the games I play). I don't really care to have long discussions with other players while I'm gaming. Point is, what you find necessary and what I find necessary are two different things. Don't go forcing your thoughts on others by sounding like a complete asshole. I've given you the opportunity to prove yourself but its hard to do so with posts like, "Shame for anybody that plays on the ps3. It really is a nice feature, although most fanboys will argue that it isn't needed. I guess it's what you get for going the cheap route and buying a ps3, though."

While it doesn't necessarily offend me, keep in mind that there are other members here who won't take kindly to your post.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:32 pm

TreISGood wrote:
Secondly, if you're playing with several friends…

…then you're smart enough to have added them all on Skype. Just like with every other console.

Blitzsword wrote:
Speaking of hypocrisy, you're still posting despite you claiming to be done with this site.

Told you.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:45 pm

frozentreasure wrote:
TreISGood wrote:
Secondly, if you're playing with several friends…

…then you're smart enough to have added them all on Skype. Just like with every other console.

Blitzsword wrote:
Speaking of hypocrisy, you're still posting despite you claiming to be done with this site.

Told you.

Skype is a good alternative now that you mention it. Cross-Game chat is just one of those things that would be great to have but not really necessary in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Literally all of the programmers and artists I work with all, when playing online, will use Skype. Even in instances where, say, TF2, L4D(2) and others can use voice chat within the game; an external client is significantly better.
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:48 pm

frozentreasure wrote:
Literally all of the programmers and artists I work with all, when playing online, will use Skype. Even in instances where, say, TF2, L4D(2) and others can use voice chat within the game; an external client is significantly better.

Skype uses up more bandwidth, and party chat actually is external from the game itself.
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Blitzsword wrote:
As you're allowed to. Speaking of hypocrisy, you're still posting despite you claiming to be done with this site.

Oh, my bad. I guess all those conversations we had where you were trying so hard to get me to start posting again never happened? Alright. Not even going to bother replying to the rest of it. Feel free to lock/delete this thread if you want.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Back up dude: if you're referring to me saying that the doors are always opened, then no, that's not trying too hard. If you're referring to me saying that I wanted to get your story and all of the facts straight just so I may not feel guilty in the end of accusing you of whatever it was that you were accused of, then no, that's not trying too hard. You know what it was kid? It was me being generous and giving you a second chance. Truth is, I felt sorry for you and thus, wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. But like Roy said, I was wrong. You can go on and pretend your some kind of tough guy on the net, but I won't allow you to insult and undermine everyone else here. I saw what your conversations were like on the chatbox with Smashed and Cory; very crude and arrogant. You want people to respect you, well then earn it but don't throw a hissy fit when you provoke and are then backed into a corner soon afterwards.

Also, I'm not going to delete this. It'll stay on so the others can read. As pathetic as it is to argue on these forums, I'd rather just let people know what's really going on than just pretend nothing's happening.

edit: I don't mind opinions or views differing from mine. Just don't come off as insulting when you post.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:24 am

I was always under the impression that there was a cross-game chat on the PS3 network from the start...shows how ignorant I am of the system...I'm actually pretty surprised to be honest, that such an advanced system doesn't have it...

Odd, now that I think of it, I've NEVER actually played a PS3...wow. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 am

Blitzsword wrote:
Back up dude: if you're referring to me saying that the doors are always opened, then no, that's not trying too hard. If you're referring to me saying that I wanted to get your story and all of the facts straight just so I may not feel guilty in the end of accusing you of whatever it was that you were accused of, then no, that's not trying too hard. You know what it was kid? It was me being generous and giving you a second chance. Truth is, I felt sorry for you and thus, wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. But like Roy said, I was wrong. You can go on and pretend your some kind of tough guy on the net, but I won't allow you to insult and undermine everyone else here. I saw what your conversations were like on the chatbox with Smashed and Cory; very crude and arrogant. You want people to respect you, well then earn it but don't throw a hissy fit when you provoke and are then backed into a corner soon afterwards.

Also, I'm not going to delete this. It'll stay on so the others can read. As pathetic as it is to argue on these forums, I'd rather just let people know what's really going on than just pretend nothing's happening.

edit: I don't mind opinions or views differing from mine. Just don't come off as insulting when you post.

I honestly don't know what your problem is, man. I was more referring to the people on the IGN forums than you.

Instead of trying to come up with a counter argument you have to resort to personal attacks? Alrighty then.

Also, I was being crude and arrogant on the chat with Smashed and Cory? Care to explain how?
Back to top Go down
Illiya

Illiya

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 am

*sigh and here I was trying to keep a low profile after all this time.

It seems to me that you're the one that needs to chill. You shoulda made that clearer from the getgo but even then you still come off as a prick. From what I've seen, you're the one that comes up with personal attacks when given the opportunity. I'm with Blitz on this one. Didn't you say you were done with this site?
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:20 am

Illiya wrote:
*sigh and here I was trying to keep a low profile after all this time.

It seems to me that you're the one that needs to chill. You shoulda made that clearer from the getgo but even then you still come off as a prick. From what I've seen, you're the one that comes up with personal attacks when given the opportunity. I'm with Blitz on this one. Didn't you say you were done with this site?

It's honestly not how I meant to come off as. At first I thought we were just having a discussion, and then suddenly I get called an asshole and a hypocrite and Luis is pissed at me. Despite what Luis says, he did say I was still welcome to post, so I don't get where all the "Don't come back here!" hostility from him is coming from.

And he keeps talking about "This week", like I've done something else this week...
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:31 am

I love the part of this conversation where everybody is completely on topic.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:44 am

frozentreasure wrote:
I love the part of this conversation where everybody is completely on topic.

its not the first time

this tread is now locked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cross game chat never coming to the ps3   Cross game chat never coming to the ps3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cross game chat never coming to the ps3
Page 1 of 1