For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Disney aquires Lucasfilm....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Empty
PostSubject: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:53 am

So, what are you guys thinking about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a couple of months ago? Do you think there's any hope at all for the new trilogy they plan on releasing?
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:48 am

If it isn't written by fans of Star Wars, yes.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:16 am

Heh.....I take it you've read the worse parts of the EU?

Personally, I'm leaning towards cautiously optimistic. It's true that the new series could be a major dud, but so what? It's not like we'd be losing anything if that happens, and it might just work out...
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 am

I haven't read anything in the expanded universe; the only non-film material I've ever digested was Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars series.

I don't think it should be written by fans because 99.99% of fans don't know how to pay respect to something without just copying it.

Basically, what I'm saying is that no matter what happens, it will be a miracle of the highest order if Episode VII comes out and does not have a single line copied from the original trilogy (I would say "or the prequels", but they're copying the original trilogy anyway).
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:00 am

These are my criteria for it to be at least acceptable-

It needs to have the original cast. This is a must.
It needs to be VERY different than the Expanded Universe.
Lucas needs to stay AS FAR AWAY from the director's chair as possible.

Overall, I think Disney will do the series justice. They know about fans' expectations and know that if they make a mistake there will be a HUGE backlash. And trust me, they want fans to return for episode VIII and IX.

Plus I've heard that at least Carrie Fisher is open for returning, so that's definitely a plus and a good sign. I can't imagine why Mark Hamil would be out...I think Harrison Ford is the real wild card to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:55 pm

I heard Harrison Ford's perfectly okay with reprising some kind of future Han Solo role, just as long as all of his scenes are shot first.

*cough*
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Personally, as Cory stated, I'm actually kind of excited for this. I think that many fans have forgotten that everything Disney buys out seems to turn to gold in some fashion. I mean, let's look at their track record.

Miramax: While still nominally independent of Disney, it's managed to come out with several critically acclaimed films, such as the Kill Bill movies, There Will Be Blood, amongst others

Pixar: Many accused Pixar of keeping Disney afloat for a long time because their films were that good.

Muppets: The recent movie was actually pretty good and it looks like things are going to only go up.

Studio Ghibli: While not technically Disney-owned, Disney has exclusive distribution rights everywhere outside of Japan; no explanation need for this one

Marvel: The recent 'cinematic universe' offerings are probably some of the best superhero films ever made (including the highest grossing, and arguably best ever, crossover film to date).

Besides, it's hard to imagine doing worse than the prequels. Disney is very good at maximizing profits from things that they acquire so I imagine that special attention will be given to Star Wars. That said, here's what we know so far:

-It will not be based on any expanded universe work (specifically mentioned was Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, probably one of the most popular post-episode VI stories, which includes Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command).

-Lucas IS sticking around...just as a creative consultant. What that means, exactly, remains to be seen, though. Apparently he's come up with the story treatment. Based on what Lucas has stated in the past, back when Star Wars was supposed to be a 12-then-8 episode series, after Luke defeated the Emperor, he would try to rebuild the Jedi Academy and start training a new generation in the ways of the Force.

-Based on the above, it seems likely that Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford will be returning in some capacity. There've been reports Lucas has had lunch (days before the Disney buyout) with Hamill and Fisher, while Ford has said he's actually open to return, as Roy said. Not to mention: Billy Dee Williams, Ewan MacGregor and Samuel L. Jackson have also expressed interest in perhaps returning capacity, though I rather doubt MacGregor.

-While director choices are down to apparently a few, several have denied involvement: Zach Snyder, J.J. Abrams, Brad Bird, Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino (?!), Colin Trevorrow, George Lucas (duh), Guillermo del Toro, Joseph Kosinski, Joss Whedon, Rian Johnson, Neill Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuarón, Darren Aronofsky and Gore Verbinski.

-There have been some names tossed around about at least three who might be among those being considered: Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class, Stardust), Jon Favreau (Elf, Iron Man, Iron Man 2) and David Fincher (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo [English Version], The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Social Network).

-Michael Arndt, who wrote Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine, Oblivion and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, will be doing Episode VII's screenplay. This is confirmed.

-The movies will have release dates of 2015, 2017 and 2019 respectively.

-Lastly, Lawrence Kasdan, writer for Episodes V and VI, will be returning to work on the stories for Episodes VIII and IX, though he'll be a producer for Episode VII.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Very thorough Ever, thanks for compiling all of that info. I had forgotten that Samuel L. Jackson wanted to reappear. I think the most obvious choice would be for him to show up as a force ghost, though I guess they could just say he survived getting his hand cut off, being electrocuted, and falling hundreds of stories, and that he had been hiding the entire time...but that would be pretty lame, wouldn't it? ($100 says they'll actually do it...lol)

Btw, here's a Smosh parody of Disney Star Wars...love Nicholas Cage as R2D2!

Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney aquires Lucasfilm....   Disney aquires Lucasfilm.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney aquires Lucasfilm....
Page 1 of 1