For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

FTW Website Discussion

Go down 
+9
TreISGood
KingKlepto2
waaar81
SmashedBrother
Blitzsword
BrightScales
StarRoadWarrior
firegremlin
Forsaken Lament 44
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 pm

TreISGood wrote:
Huh... curious... I was one of the original members here...

Were you also talking about me?

Well you joined about a month after the original site was created Razz But I don't think he was referring to you though. Again, enjoy your stay.

Last edited by Blitzsword on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:07 pm

How did I get - rep? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 pm

well as you all should know, of course im totaly up for this :3 i freaking love this place xD i may not post much but i do like to chat with EVERYONE here! =D
AND
i just want you all to know... i never cared about how many members we had... i never cared if everyone liked us or not... i never cared what the site looked like or how organized it was... the only thing that i ever cared about here, were the members... the people... my friends... this place made me the gamer i am today... and i am very proud to say im part of this site... or atleast, i hope you accept me as part of it... =] you guys are the koolest gamers and people i have ever met online, EVER! and im not about to give this up!!! SO I APPROVE OF THE REVITALIZATION OF THE BEST GAMING FORUM I KNOW!!! I APPROVE OF THE REVITALIZATION OF "FOR THE WIN GAMERS NETWORK"!!!!!

(lol i made a speech :3)
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 pm

l33tsmasher wrote:

(lol i made a speech :3)

affraid it's the end of the world affraid
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:49 pm

I'm flattered you feel that way L33t. Thanks for the words of support. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Well said L33t!!! That's what I love about this site too! Smile I don't normally care much for video game sites or message boards in general, but this group is truly one of a kind. Thanks to all of you who make this site so great!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roy42

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:05 am

I take a massive breath inwards and forcibly exhale it before I type this. I advise someone reading to do the same, as I get the feeling it's not going to be a short post. If you're anyone relatively new to the site, you don't want to bother reading this.

I have a few things to say, and I'm not exactly sure where to start. But I think I'll be relatively okay.

Something akin to what Tyler(if I remember everyone's usernames correctly) is my frame of thought at the moment. I ultimately wasn't too fussed about how the site looked; what traffic came through; how active it was; etcetera, etcetera.

However it seemed that I was incorrect. "Yes, yes you do care." was what I had felt like I was being told in the month or so before I had left; I was a moderator, so I could understand being asked to try and be active and help the site out and such, but it wasn't the top of my priorities.

I still was able to come to a forum and chat and have discussions with a nice bunch of friendly people that I personally had a great time talking to and that, for me, was all that mattered. As sad as I'm very aware it sounds and, in fact is, the users on here (most of the ones I had regular conversations with) were just about my only friends.

If I was being ostensibly forced to care about making the site something unique in the age of Web 2.0, then I felt I had every right to post my opinions on the site as it stood back then; as it currently stands now, too, since it hasn't changed that much.

But me doing what I was constantly being asked to do and being honest about how I didn't like just about anything about the site, be it look, structure or anything else, was what would actually take the one thing I did enjoy about the site (the users) away from me and have some of the people I most enjoyed talking to become hostile towards my opinions.

So, as I now felt I had absolutely nothing left for me on a site that had now become the kind of soulless monster that you don't expect from little forums that aren't corporate-controlled (in my eyes), I left. In flames, as I tend to do.

Blahblahblah, just under a year passed. A few weeks ago, I'm at the coast. With the only Internet available to me being the tethered connection from my phone, I couldn't really look at pages that had video or pictures without them taking half an hour to load.

On my laptop, which is my secondary computer that I haven't kept current on my settings since I started using a desktop computer, one of my bookmarks that I was browsing through for something to view online is this site. Out of boredom, when I clicked the link I'm greeted by a xat window.

So I browse around for a bit and discover that you're trying to get things going again, but actually make it work, as opposed to the 5 or 6 other times you tried it with a gimmick and failed in the long run.

No, wait…I'm getting off track.

Now I am faced with a bit of a difficult decision. Of course leaving something I was a part of for the better part of a year isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do. However as I found out when I tried to casually chat on xat, even now I'm still not exactly welcomed by some users. (and thanks; really)

But I do get it, I do. I left with my nose high up in the air and I came back in just about the same way. I at least am not stupid enough that I can't recognise my own flaws.

My flaw? I am proud. Sure, I wanted at least once a week to be able to chat or post and rejoin the site and make amends; I am too proud to do something like that though. I don't want to — and I don't ever normally — admit to being in the wrong; and most of the time, I'm not.

But I do understand that I had little place behaving the way I did on some occasions. I daresay that I owe it to the people on this site that I can, for probably the first time in about 5 years, swallow my pride.

It's honestly a hard thing for me to do, but I really want to be friends with a lot of you again and I know enough about the world to know that being a jackass doesn't get you there.

I'm sorry.

I was wrong.

Please, can you all forgive me?

Regards,

≈Roy
Back to top Go down
Roy42

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:17 am

Hmm…and that was supposed to be relevant to the thread subject; honest, it was. I think it was going to be me saying that I commend those who stuck it out and I'm proud that the site bounced back from being dead.

Even though I'm still skeptical about the longevity of it, what with the excitement of E3 possibly fuelling all the activity, but I support you. Who? Anyone that stuck it out and/or is going to stick it out for as long as it takes to either run this forum into the digital ground or bring it up as the little forum that could.

Regards,

≈Roy42
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:45 am

Roy42,

If you're being sincere in the last two posts, then I have to say that I have greater respect for you than I ever did. I think back at that infamous day and realize that whatever issues we had were childish. It wasn't difference in opinion but rather the attitude behind it that was the problem. We were caught in the heat of the moment. Regardless, I'll admit that I was at fault too; both parties were. Still, I'm not here to make excuses or to spark anything more than what was already said, If you're still willing to make amends then so am I. In short, I apologize as well. If you want to re-join this site officially, then who am I to stop you? The doors are open to you from now on.

Luis
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:54 pm

@Roy and Luis-
It's nice to see you two make amends. I was already gone when the problems began so I don't know the extent of it, nor do I need to. All that matters is that it's resolved, which is for the best, I believe.

@Roy and pretty much everyone-
I do realize now that my paranoid actions a year ago was a prominent factor in the initial FTW demise. I fully accept responsibility for it, as it is clear that my paranoia led to the disappearance of some members such as Enasepth and Imitationissuicide, as well as anger from others. At the time, I was overcome with fear of losing something that was clearly important to me, and tried with desperation to save it. The ironic part of this tale is the fact that it was my own actions which ultimately sealed the site's initial fate. I lost track of what made this site special, and I will do my very best to not allow that to happen again.

While even now, I sometimes feel the urge to do something drastic to boost the site's status, I'm trying to maintain a more relaxed attitude towards everything...just letting things go where they go without interference. I understand that the main thing that keeps this site going is the people...that's why I came back, and I'm assuming that's why you've all returned. So in the end, what more do we need? Even if the site stays the way it is, if everyone else is happy, then I am happy, and that's all that matters.

That being said, I sincerely apologize to everyone for my paranoia and damaging behavior. I humbly request forgiveness and ask that you give the site another chance to be the great little forum it was always meant to be.

~ForsakenLament 04
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Hey, Roy. I'm glad you are coming back. You're a cool guy and definitely made this place more interesting! I hate when little things come in between people. The past is the past, let it be, you know? Anyways, look forward to posting/chatting/brawling with you again. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
Roy42

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:36 pm

I was going to make a sarcastic reply to Luis' confirming that I was sincere, in which I wasn't sincere, and I turn out to be my evil identical half-twin, who had finally gotten out of the basement and seeks to ruin my life before riding a super pony made of money and candy canes to the marshmallow kingdom, but it seemed like too much work to bother with. Also half of that is incredibly unoriginal. Also it'd likely have made me seem like a jackass.

*ahem*

Thank you. I should apologise for taking down the FTW videos that were on YouTube that while ago, too, while I'm here. So, yeah; sorry.

Anyway, for personal reasons, I can't actually register for a couple of days, but in the meantime, here's a few places I'm on.

Twitter: frozentreasure

Steam: frozentreasure

YouTube: ultimateknowledge42

Xbox LIVE: Roy the 42nd
(there's really nothing to it, but I do have a direct contact form on there, which is the only thing that generally works.)

Regards,

≈Roy42
Back to top Go down
Roy42

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Erm…that random statement in brackets at the end of my post there was a link to my site. I assume that's a spam prevention.

www dot frozentreasure dot com

Regards,

≈Roy42
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:44 pm

It's nice to have you back Roy, I'm glad everyone could get their bottled up feelings off of their chest and heal old wounds. I really think things are coming closer to being the way they used to be.

Still, I wonder...has FTW been successfully revitalized? We're still missing some members like Enasepth, Samco, Imitation, Mega, Zotendo, and others...maybe they'll never come back, I don't know, but it would be nice if they would. Either way, what else can we do here, if anything? Are our goals accomplished, and should we just sit back and take it easy? Or is there more we should pursue to pump more life into the site?

Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 pm

I'd say that the site is currently at the best it's ever been except for the very beginning. We have 15 active users (not counting guests). There's always room for improvment, but I think this a job well done!

I'm not sure if we could get Enasepth back.......before he left it really seemed like he was trying to start that fight....it's a shame, but there's only so much we can do.

Mega, Samco, & Imitation have always come randomly and disappeared,. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

I know it's an old, old question, but I what did happen to Leon and Pqjr? I heard something from Jody about Pqjr moving, but I'm still not sure what happened to either of them.....Those two were really good friends, and the only pieces of the old site that are still missing.

Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Hmmm very interesting. I am friends with Pqjr and Edee on Facebook. Edee even went so far as to send me a comment on my personal status not all that long ago. However, I haven't actually spoken to either of them in well over a year...probably close to two years. I recall trying to get them to come back a while ago, but they seemed to shrug it off, or not take it seriously, leaving me with the impression that they simply had no desire to return. I could be wrong, but that's just my assessment.

As for Leon? Well, who knows...I haven't heard from him in god knows how long. I'm not friends with him on Facebook, and i'm not even sure if I'd be able to find his email. I suppose I could look...

Yet, I do agree. The site had a different character when they were here, Just having them around would bring back that "old" feeling, if that makes any sense. I would like a return to the good old days, when we didn't have a fancy site and we were all excited about brawl....likely won't happen again, but it's nice to reminisce, you know?

Oh, I also forgot about Battlecry18. I believe Silens may have tried to contact him on FB, but I'm not sure what the results have been.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:13 pm

I know what you mean but I think we've already got most of it back - After all, it's the friendly group that made it so good in the first place. (including the members who joined after this site was formed) That's why I've stuck around even though I still haven't gotten to play online. This group is truly one of a kind.

Well......it wouldn't really hurt to try one more time, right? Wink

For what it's worth BattleCry has been coming to the site off and on since about the time Luis left. We've PM'd each other ocassionally, but that's about it. He was last here on May 11 (my birthday, which everyone forgot Sad )
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I see BattleCry on the PSN often. As of late, he's been playing SSF4. Personally, I think we're alright here. If the old members want to come back, then that's cool. However, its not something we should force on them. To my understanding, the Pqir's were a couple. That would explain why they wouldn't be able to return. When you have important things to worry about in life such as a family, you really don't have time for these little luxaries that we enjoy. Even moreso when Brawl has lost it's luster and it was the whole reason for them being here in the first place.
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 pm

I dunno if it's been said yet, but the new color scheme is terrible. I dunno why, but whenever I log on I suddenly find myself feeling... gloomy. The blue we had waaay back when the Brotherhood had JUST transfered to one forum was great, though. I'd like to see more vibrancy return.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Hey! Don't knock on Gray. It's my favorite color Razz

Although, I have to agree with you. It's time for a makeover of some sort. Of course, that's not soley up to me but I would gladly welcome it.

Also, when are you going to get an avatar bro?
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Haha, I hadn't even thought of my Avatar. I also need a sig...

I'm working on it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Hmmm a color makeover? Well, it's definitely worth considering...but it's a pretty big overhaul, and it'll take some time to figure it, if we even want to do it. Still, I could get behind the idea.

As for Avatars, Silens is certainly in charge of that department. She's excellent with them and could quickly make awesome ones for anyone who needs them. Speaking of which, I think I'd like a new one myself...
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:22 am

Well, there's no rush on the makeover bro -- I know you've got your hands full with other things. Though it would be awesome if this place did get some type of makeover in the future.
Back to top Go down
TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:31 am

Changing the color isn't any deeper than changing the theme... Which shouldn't take longer than brushing your teeth...
Back to top Go down
Roy42

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:41 am

Quote :
Changing the color isn't any deeper than changing the theme... Which shouldn't take longer than brushing your teeth...

I know some people who spend over an hour brushing their teeth.

In any case, I agree that the site could benefit from a slightly different colour scheme; I was the person who posted that train of thought (embellished somewhat) on the first page of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FTW Website Discussion   FTW Website Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FTW Website Discussion
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next