For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Can you Pick a Favorite????

Go down 
+6
SilensCaelum
BrightScales
Blitzsword
StarRoadWarrior
Forsaken Lament 44
SmashedBrother
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Can you Pick a Favorite???? Empty
PostSubject: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 pm

I know we had a topic like this waaaaayyyyy back when we started but now that it's beeen a couple of years, and we've had some pretty good new releases, I'm curious - which games are your favorites? Also, can you pick a single favorite?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:09 pm

That question is just WAY too tough, so I'[m going to have to think on it. I will say, however, that I played Okami (PS2) a few months back and it is definitely amongst the best I've ever played! (I hear the Wii version is even better).

Also I'm sure that whenever I get around to Super Mario Galaxy 2, it'll be on the top, given what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:23 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
That question is just WAY too tough, so I'[m going to have to think on it. I will say, however, that I played Okami (PS2) a few months back and it is definitely amongst the best I've ever played! (I hear the Wii version is even better).

Also I'm sure that whenever I get around to Super Mario Galaxy 2, it'll be on the top, given what I've seen.

Wow! So OoT is finally getting some competition? affraid Wink

Anyway, I'm definetly going to need some time too, even if my list is still mostly the same......there are just so darn many good games out there!

Oh, I'm just about finished with Mario Galaxy (118 power stars) and I'm surprised to say that it will NOT be on my top ten - It was a great game & all, but lost the fun of exploration that Mario World & Mario Sunshine had, without even any real challenges (except for the freaking annoying trial galaxy with the ball Evil or Very Mad I tried 40 times (That's not a typo) before I won on my last life Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )

I do have higher hopes for Mario Galaxy 2 though Smile
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:12 pm

SmashBrother wrote:

Oh, I'm just about finished with Mario Galaxy (118 power stars) and I'm surprised to say that it will NOT be on my top ten - It was a great game & all, but lost the fun of exploration that Mario World & Mario Sunshine had, without even any real challenges (except for the freaking annoying trial galaxy with the ball Evil or Very Mad I tried 40 times (That's not a typo) before I won on my last life Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )

I do have higher hopes for Mario Galaxy 2 though Smile

is that with mario or luigi? oops spoiler haha

every one know my top 10 or the ones that watched my vids that is Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:49 pm

haha! The karate chops made me laugh all the time; looked like I was b i t c h-slapping people.

Last edited by Blitzsword on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:13 pm

lol! Yeah! I found it hillarious that it popped into his hand out of nowhere. But seriously, I hope they can use that feature when playing as him.

To stay on topic, sorry, I think my favorite game is Ocarina of Time. Trailing close to it are GoldenEye and Valkyria Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Donkey Kong 64 will always be my favorite game ever made.
Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:56 pm

This isn't very hard at all.

Silent Hill 2.

Hardly anything compares to that masterwork.
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:05 pm

I think everyone knows my choice already, lol! I don't think it's going to change for a long time.

Skies of Arcadia is the best game I have ever played. I like to compare it to Star Wars in that it took what was basically a B rated plot, but they characters were so powerful that combined with an interesting world and a soundtrack worthy of Williams, this game is truly a masterpiece.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys RPGs.

It's kind of funny to think that when I first saw the game, I didn't think that much of it.

Back to top Go down
KingKlepto2

KingKlepto2

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:16 pm

If I had to pick a single favorite, it'd probably be Donkey Kong Country 2, because I've been playing it for most of my life (And I still have the original cartrige + working SNES for it).
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I really can't pick a favorite...I'll simply list the 5 best games I've ever played (which is still VERY difficult as I've played some truly amazing games in my day...)

Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Resident Evil 4
Bioshock
Final Fantasy X

I really want to add Okami, Super Mario 3, Fallout 3, and a few others...but I really had to narrow it down...I think these represent the cream of the crop for me.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:20 pm

hmmm
I would my favorite RPG would be FF6 on the snes
and fighting would be Capcom vs SNK II on PS2
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 pm

A few months ago this would have been really tough to choose, but with the arrival of my 360 a newcomer has fought its way to my elusive number 1 spot. And that game is.............MASS EFFECT 2!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god, I could go on for hours about this: the intricate backstories of everything and timelines, the decision-based gameplay, the multiple endings, the RPG goodness mixed finely with shooter elements, the continuation of your save file to the third (when it is released). Everything is so good, and I recommend it to anyone with an Xbox. And for those without? Well just buy it and look lovingly at the box.

If this game was a person, I would sex with it. And that just about sums it all up.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:13 pm

firegremlin wrote:

If this game was a person, I would sex with it.

/me wonders what kinda person Gremlin is now Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 am

@Firegremlin- (I know you're not around, but whatever...I'd like to revive this thread Razz )

Mass Effect 2 (and 3 for that matter) were good, but ME1 still takes the cake for me. Everything about that game (yes, even the wonky controls and ungodly amount of items) were amazing to me. Overall, the story was really quite fantastic. It was one of the first times in a long time that i really felt a sense of wonder in a game-I was really quite swept up by the narrative, the world, and the mysteries of the game. It was also one of the first games in ages that i actually restarted the moment I finished it, and that's really saying something.

I'd probably count the original Mass Effect as one of the greatest games I've ever played, along with my forementioned titles. I still say OOT has got to be the very pinnacle of gaming, though.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 7:54 pm

You said you were playing through all of the Zeldas, right? How far have you gotten/did you get with that?
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you Pick a Favorite????   Can you Pick a Favorite???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you Pick a Favorite????
Page 1 of 1