For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Gaming pet peeves

Go down 
+4
SmashedBrother
waaar81
Blitzsword
firegremlin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:35 pm

This is just a topic for all the things that the developers do, that other gamers do that make games irritating. Also, be specific. So don't just say "backtracking", talk about it particular games and why it's annoying.

I'll start off the topic with idiots who only play MW and Fifa (Fifa is football, maybe it's Madden for Americans...and I don't know for Aussies, maybe cricket or hockey?). Argh, these people irritate me so much, playing only this ALL THE TIME and then condemning you for playing anything different and interesting. If you want to play football, go outside and a kick a ball around! As for Call of Duty, it's so boring with it's 'realism' (i.e. no imagination) and 'gritty landscape (i.e a colour palette of grey, dark brown and more grey).

Yes, this is essentially a bitching thread, but it's needed to let us vent.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 pm

I've no problem with Call of Duty, but I know what you mean about the Sports genre gamers.

I've got to say that my biggest pet peeve in gaming comes from online fighting games. I love fighting games, and I love competition. I don't mind losing but only if that loss makes sense. To put it simply, I hate spammers. I hate losing to people who spam the same move over and over again throughout the entire match. Then they have the nerve to tell me I suck.
B!TCH PLEASE! Quit your spamming and I'll show you what's up.

I also can't stand elitists, people complaining about how the new FFXIII blows compared to the older titles when XIII was good in its own right, and online lag.

Yeah, this thread is pretty much a rant.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 pm

I wont complain about a certain game right now but more about online gamers who make fun of others if they either kill them (shooting game) beat them easily (fighting game usually) or cry and bitches when they loose and find all kind of excuses.
If you loose you loose, if you win you win.
This is more for the people who talk while your playing BTW
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:23 am

In the original Mario, in certain castles you have to find the right path or you go on and on for eternity. Some of them are ridiculous! There's one where you start out taking one path and then have to switch in the middle, and just before you get out of the freaking maze, Bowser starts firing at you, and somehow you're supposed to dodge in that ridiculously narrow place.

I love a challenge when it's based on skill, not luck. That's not a challenge, that's roulette.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:29 am

Unless they specifically added it when they recreated that challenge in NSMB, an audio cue plays to indicate whether you got the path correct or not. In any case, it is still ultimately a test of skill with or without.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

playing a team based multiplayer online game with teammates that ignore the main goal is one of my pet peeves. i hate playing like capture the flag or king of the hill when my teammates are more worried about getting the high number kill than winning the game most of the time is just me by myself getting the flag with no help or defending an area just waiting for the other team to make my character into Swiss cheeses. i sometimes hate playing online in general but there are times when i calm down and just laugh at it. i need to really just quit playing to win and play to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
l33tsmasher

l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Blitzsword wrote:
I also can't stand elitists, people complaining about how the new FFXIII blows compared to the older titles when XIII was good in its own right

it pisses me off when someone does that too... im a huge fan of the MG series and some dude who kept insisting he was a "die hard fan" kept on bashing on MGS: peace walker! saying how it shouldnt even be a MGS game because its nothing like MGS1 and Hideo should give up on his career. now WHAT KIND OF "DIE HARD FAN" WOULD SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT?!?!? it just pisses me off when these little bastards bash on a game but say how much better the older ones were. these stupid wanna-be gamers know nothing about games. i also hate those people who even consider themselves gamers when all they ever play is CoD and hate on all those other games like mario. WHO COULD HATE MARIO?? thats right, only pathetic little people who shouldnt be considered gamers. >_>

sorry, ive been having a bad day.... lol
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:15 pm

lol you going to be ok Tyler?

I've been waiting to contribute to this thread since I hate so many gaming trends and gamers I don't even know where to start! I suppose I'll continue with Luis' complaint about Final Fantasy fanboys. They absolutely piss me off. Unlike Zelda fanboys or fans of other series, FF fanboys can't agree on anything. There are different factions, like those who only liked the 8 bit era, those who hate anything past VIII or IX, or those who think every FF game should be a f#^&%$ VII remake. Then there are those who claim that XIII is utter trash and condemn it completely, then there are those who love XIII. All in all, it just seems to me that they always find some reason to be unhappy with every FF game that's released. I'll admit I don't love every FF game, but I'm open to new ideas and will like the game if it's GOOD. I also don't know why people love VII so much...it was just 'meh' to me. Played it once, and that was enough.

OK, FF rant over. I'll wait a bit to rant about sports games and Brawl Clans lol
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Aw man, I had the most ridiculous conversation with a friend of mine which exemplifies exactly what I (and others) was talking about in the OP. As follows (note, this was a while ago):
Me: Wow, there's so many amazing games coming out this Autumn/Winter isn't there?
Friend: Yeah, I know, there's Fifa 12 and MW3.
Me:...yeah....what about Halo CE anniversary?
Friend: I dunno about that, it's a bit generic isn't it?
Me in my head: WHATTHEFU**ITDEFINEDTHESHOOTERGENREREGENERATINGHEALTHANDSPACEMARINES
Me out loud: Well, what about Skyrim?
Friend: Oh yeah I've heard about that
Me in head: Maybe there's hope left after all
Friend: It's a bit like Final Fantasy isn't it?
Me in head: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Skyrim like FF.......lol
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Gaming pet peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming pet peeves   Gaming pet peeves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming pet peeves
Page 1 of 1