For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Vote for your favorite Chat

Go down 
+4
waaar81
Everlong
SmashedBrother
Forsaken Lament 44
8 posters

Which Chat should FTW use?
Xat
Vote for your favorite Chat Vote_lcap50%Vote for your favorite Chat Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
IRC
Vote for your favorite Chat Vote_lcap50%Vote for your favorite Chat Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Vote for your favorite Chat Empty
PostSubject: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:46 am

Hey guys,

As you may have noticed, the site has been pretty slow lately...but I know everyone's been doing a little bit of lurking, so by now I'm sure you've seen each of the different chats. I changed to Everywhere chat as it seemed like it was what most people wanted, but unfortunately it was buggy and kept Smashed and a few others from being able to post..so...sadly that had to be scrapped. Sorry guys!

But don't lose hope yet! About two weeks ago Roy introduced my to a new chat which is very similar to Everywhere...it's currently on the chat page, but has also been slightly buggy (for me at least). Anyway, I need a definitive vote on everyone's preference on the chat: Xat or IRC. They are side-by-side in the chatroom and I ask that all members use both to see which they prefer. After you make your choice, please vote. In about 2 weeks I will close the poll and decide based on the votes which chat to keep.

Please vote as soon as you can, since I can tell this situation hasn't helped the chat situation on FTW. Thanks guys!

~Forsaken
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:50 am

Whlie I'd be okay with either, I personally prefer Xat. It loads easier for me, and it shows the conversation prior to when I enter....which is really useful for when IE hangs up on me.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:57 am

I personally vote for us to stay with Xat as well. Not for any particular reason, really. It's just that I've finally gotten used to typing on it (I used to have a lot of errors before typing too fast). I think I'd feel like a wasted a bit of my time learning for it if we just switch over to something else, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:33 pm

how strange I see 2 people saying they vote for Xat but there is only one vote
ANd there is 3 people who voted IRC but Xat is the only chat there ?????????? Question
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:17 pm

IRC is on the chat page, underneath the Xat.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm

I've gotten used to Xat as well. I like that I can hear when someone's logged in or typed something.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:43 pm

Looks like we're tied on the chat poll. Only a few more days to vote guys!
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:20 am

its tied oh crap i have yet to vote.... gulp pale well i really dont care what one is used.... guess im not to much help there haha sorry
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 am

Forsaken Lament 44 wrote:
IRC is on the chat page, underneath the Xat.

Well it aint working for me
It stays blank white
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Change my vote to IRC
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 am

I'm afraid the IRC isn't working, and we have found an alternate solution which I think everyone already (or will) like more. We'll keep the Xat since it is the only chat that works for several members, while also maintaining a FTW Skype channel which we've been using to chat and voice chat with. Overall, I think that's the best option, and I think everyone should get on Skype and friend everyone so we can get the chance to talk and even voice chat! Luis, Jody, Roy, Skye, and I have been having a great time so far!
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 am

Forsaken Lament 44 wrote:
Overall, I think that's the best option

Well, that sure took its sweet time to be said.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote for your favorite Chat   Vote for your favorite Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote for your favorite Chat
Page 1 of 1