For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Well, guys, the E3 Nintendo Direct has come and gone and Nintendo definitely delivered on their word - we got some trailers relating to the new Super Smash Bros. in development for the 3DS and Wii U! Reactions are mixed right now in the community due to some controversial character inclusions (I'll get to those in a moment), but I think it looks great. They're projecting a 2014 release, but didn't specify a quarter (but I'm suspecting Q3 or Q4).

Let's get our newcomers out of the way first, shall we?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Villager from Animal Crossing

Mega Man from, well, Mega Man

I think it's great that Nintendo reached out to Capcom to include Mega Man. I mean, for a long time, he was practically a 1st party character in the days of the NES. I'm hoping this bodes well for other 3rd party companies that Nintendo could reach out to (Ubisoft and Rayman, anyone?); though some are worried that Mega Man might be ousting Sonic from the roster, I don't think we have to worry too much: the exclusivity deal between Nintendo and Sega recently shows their relationship is a pretty strong one, not to mention that Sonic has always sold the best on Nintendo consoles, surprisingly enough.

Snake is the bigger question, but Kojima and Sakurai are good friends, so I think it's probable bet he's staying too (not to mention, there was that MGS3 port on the 3DS back when it first launched).

Let's recap on the trailer, shall we?

-The 3DS version will sport a cel-shaded art style (Sakurai said that this was due to the fact it made the characters easier to follow on screen)

-Though the rosters for characters will be identical in both versions, the stages won't; the 3DS will get more handheld-themed stages while the Wii U version will get more console-themed ones (but I suspect that DLC will probably make all available in each eventually)

-Lots of stages shown, including:
A boxing ring (some people suggested this was a Punch-Out!! reference, but the Smash logo on the banners seems to rule that out to me)

Two different versions of Battlefield (the Wii U version looks more like its Brawl counterpart)

A Nintendogs-themed level (with puppies!)

A New Super Mario Bros.-themed level; looks like it was on the 3DS

Skyloft from Skyward Sword

Gerudo Valley representing OoT 3D for handhelds

A Mega Man-themed stage, possibly Dr. Wily's Castle by the looks of things

Smashville seems to be returning, though what changes have been made remains to be seen

Some sort of Wii Fitness-themed stage; looks flat

A Spirit Tracks-themed level, complete with train and conductor Toon Link, on the 3DS

-Once again, dynamic day-to-night effects on Battlefield are featured

-Bowser is perhaps the most changed character: he walks upright rather than hunched over like he used to, reflecting the New Super Mario Bros. games more

This new angle looks like it might effect his move set trajectory a bit

-Pit's got some new moves, as well as a slightly altered look, matching his Kid Icarus: Uprising appearance

-Link's look is not totally reflective of Skyward Sword, but more like his Twilight Princess design (similar also the tech demo Nintendo did at E3 2011) - is this a hint towards the LoZ Wii U game's style?

-The Villager's move set, because collecting stuff is a big thing in the Animal Crossing games, will reflect that source material; you can dig up weeds, chop down trees, use boxing gloves and the like (also a move, his up+B possibly, has him donning a hat and using balloons to recover - Balloon Fighter likely deconfirmed as a possible character)

-Uniquely, the Villager also has the ability to actually catch objects (including Mario's fireballs and Samus' beam attacks) and toss them back, even at their original owners

-Mega Man's style is purposefully true to his NES roots and Sakurai is making sure that the concept of defeated bosses' powers going to him is also true in game

Some of that is reflected in this developer conference with Sakurai himself (including some other elaboration):

Announced at the end, reflecting the reveal on the show floor today too, was one of the most controversial parts of the new announcement. This character:

Wii Fitness Trainer from the Wii Fit games

You can also see her reveal trailer here (as Mega Man's was included in the link I first showed):

-Her move set revolves around everything fitness-related, including yoga!

-In the Sakurai video, her Final Smash is showcased: a bunch of yoga move poses that you'd have to do in the Wii Fit games fly across the game, destroying anything in their path

Personally, I love this inclusion because of how off-the-wall and unexpected it was. She definitely looks like a real fun character and I look forward to playing her.

If you've got a Wii U, Nintendo also started an official Super Smash Bros. Miiverse community today; expect Sakurai himself to pop up from time-to-time and post screenshots, five days a week (no word on when that's going to start, however). I'm sure we'll get a few reveals this way...

Also relevant is the new link to their official site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can see Wii U and 3DS screenshots here; some of them are pretty funny. No word if this is going to be updated frequently like the Dojo was, sadly, but this is still pretty cool.

So, FTW!, what say you?
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:53 pm

What do I say? I say that I got chill bumps watching it. When the signature cross and flames were made during the direct video I knew the moment had arrived!... then I saw animal crossing and was confused... till i say the smash bros logo on the wax stamp. I never thought that we would see anyone from animal crossing join smash but now that i see the villager in action there is no doubt in my mind that the villager belongs in this game. I like that there will be some difference in the versions such as the stages (My favorite is already the spirit track stage) as far as the boxing stage i wonder if its more kirby super star themed?
not the same but still what i thought of when i saw it. I am excited to see megaman and glad they are using the NES version (I personally would like to of seen X but NES megaman was a close 2nd) Wii Fit trainer on the other hand... LOOKS FREAKING FUNNY! when i first saw the post about it i thought it was a joke but i dont mind it now. i laugh every time i see the video now. I believe that we will not see the game till after E3 2014 so i also predict a september-december release window (assuming there is no delays this time...) the mii verse will see updates on the game if the site is not updated. All-in-all i like what i see and cant wait to see what nintendo has in store for this installment
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 pm

first live gameplay of the game if you notice that mario still has the FLUDD also if you notice in the director direct video when talking about megaman that he uses a shield that does not decrease rapidly like in Brawl but more like the one in Melee
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 am

Everlong wrote:
Reactions are mixed right now in the community due to some controversial character inclusions

Seriously? Reactions are mixed because there are people who are convinced that Smash Bros. is a serious fighting game and not the party game that it, in fact, is. Including crazy characters in a crazy game is not controversial in the slightest.

Anyway, what's the betting this will be out by next ACen?
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:19 pm

frozentreasure wrote:
Quote :
Seriously? Reactions are mixed because there are people who are convinced that Smash Bros. is a serious fighting game and not the party game that it, in fact, is. Including crazy characters in a crazy game is not controversial in the slightest.

Anyway, what's the betting this will be out by next ACen?

Eh, it's their prerogative if they want to get bent out of shape over it. I just find it pretty amusing that people are complaining as much as they are. I agree, for the record, that complaining about character inclusions is pretty moot because Sakurai has never really taken the game as seriously as some do.

I mentioned controversial because from what I've seen, a lot of the hardcore Smash players got really bent out of shape over the E3 trailers for varying reasons. Roster choices was one of the more common complaints I saw.

As for the games, well, I doubt it. Development only started the middle of last year (though there was some planning in 2011), so I'm guessing we'll be seeing a late 2014 release date if there are no delays. Considering Nintendo's track record about with delays recently, I'm not going to hold my breath, unfortunately.

That said, we've got some more news today:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Super Smash Bros. Wii U are the titles for the new games; unoriginal, but easy to tell them apart, I guess...

-There are no plans for DLC at the moment: Sakurai and co. are working under the assumption that that's just a feature that could possibly be added in later. He wants the game to feel complete at launch.

However, he did mention that it's a possibility they're leaving open.

-Tripping is gone

Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:18 am

You know I feel sorry for Mega Man its only been a week and both the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer have memes and crazy fan art
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:57 am

So in the months since its announcement, we've had a bunch of humorous photos on the Smash Bros. website and two character announcements.

Of all the possible characters, the first one chosen to announce the return of was Captain Olimar; interesting move, really.

And then, in the last week, in a Nintendo Direct it was announced that Luigi would be returning; as if anyone didn't see that coming.

The thing that's interested me the most so far: No Yoshi. The original 12 have been a constant throughout the series, and of them, the original 8 were always known as selectable characters from the get-go. This time, however, Yoshi is the one character of the original cast to not yet be shown. If anything, it seems as if Pit has been given Yoshi's slot, based off of the first trailer.

There were several comments from interviews that the character roster would be the same size as Brawl, and with each newcomer, people have been scrambling to come up with theories behind which characters would be cut. With Olimar returning, it seems like all bets are off, since he was seemingly a surefire cut; or perhaps the character roster will be bigger after all. If it won't, however, and if characters will be cut, it slightly concerns me that Yoshi has yet to be seen.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:15 pm

doubt it the same thing happened during brawl's updates it wasn't until much later that Yoshi was reviled. If i remember correctly Zelda was reviled before Yoshi. For now I'm betting we will see 1-2 characters announced until the first of the year when it will really start to pick up.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:11 am

Ok now I'm confused. With today's announcement of Toon Link it threw a big wrench (and in some cases the entire tool box) into their predictions. Mostly no one though he would return because of a cameo in a 3DS stage I even defended that he would still return ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and while I'm happy that Toon Link is back I'm confused as why now 2 secret characters have bee announced? are they not secret characters? If that is the case will a former non-secret character be secret? I'm also surprised that all "Mario characters" from brawl have been reviled. With all the announcements it makes me kind of wounder what surprises are really in store? I will say this I wish Sakurai would cut out the BS updates. What I mean by this is during the brawl updates we would see boring updates like you must recover, every character has special moves, blah blah blah. Brawl had its share of boring updates but what I'm getting at is that when a stage was reviled every detail about that stage was also discussed. The stage was never talked about again. we didn't go a few days and then get more details on the stages all on one day. I'm also surprised that no items have been talked about. If i remember correctly the very first new update for bawl was a new item. yet it has be almost 4 months since the start of the updates and nothing on items. I'm 100% positive that they will return but cut out the dumb 'updates' and give us some sort of real updates. Start talking about final smashes I know they are in there too. I guess I'm just starting to get frustrated with the way smash 4 is being handled.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 6:58 am

Cory. It finally happened. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:57 pm

So the updates are finally rolling in with new updates (I say finally this probably all started the first of the year). I'm a lot happier now with I look forward to each new pic of the day although after the last direct it may be a little slow for a while. Speaking of the last direct there was a massive update of new things and some updates.

First off I find it very impressive that on the 3DS version the characters will run at 60FPS. I say that is impressive because there are games on the Xbox one that can't do that (and that is suppose to be "NEXT GEN!!"). I have no problem with the two release times for the games especially with the 3DS being first because this give the team working on the WiiU version the ability to fix anything or balance out the characters more if needed. Also the team will be able to focus on only one version and maybe speed up development on the WiiU version.

Its good to finally see Yoshi return although I never used him a lot in Brawl I'm sure the ones who did will welcome the new buff in power. Speaking of old characters I wonder what everyone thinks of the now separate Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS? I personally think this is a great thing having more characters and Sheik and ZSS will be stronger characters overall since they will not have to change characters to be stronger. However it is sad to see that pokemon trainer and my personal favorite pokemon squirtle will not return but I was super shocked to see greninja as a new character

In the past the pokemon that made it in was from a movie or very popular in the show this does not seem to be the case with greninja though. It is very obvious that this installment of smash is going to be very unpredictable. All in all I'm in a much better mode and super hyped for this game "Summer 2014" need to hurry up and get here.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Hey guys I did a video where I gave my thoughts on the E3 Demo of the game how it played and the things that I saw so be sure to give it a look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!   Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Page 1 of 1