For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Thank You! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Thank You! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Thank You! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Thank You! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Thank You! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Thank You! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Thank You! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Thank You! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Thank You! Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Thank You!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

Thank You! Empty
PostSubject: Thank You!   Thank You! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 8:41 pm

(note: I was originally going to post this on March 9th at midnight but "insert generic reason but I was really just lazy and didn't do it" got in the way but better late than never?)

March 9th 2008 a day which a lot of people will never forget. In case you forgot that was the day that the world changed forever. Super Smash Bros. Brawl would finally release for the Nintendo Wii in North America changing many Nintendo gamers lives.

I am really speaking for myself when making all these bold claims. Way before Brawl came out and when the Wii first came out I was a very shy lone wolf that only played single player games and multilplayer games against CPU. Back then before the internet I didn't have the luxury of walking to a friends house to play co-op or multiplayer games. So gaming for me for the longest time was me sitting on my bed playing my Nintendo. Once Brawl was announced and the daily updates happened I found my self in a new spot. I was online more reading websites checking out new games and learning new things in old games I had never seen before. Then I stumbled on IGN.

Back then I was still to shy to give any information that even closely related to me so the very first screen name I pick was an obscure character in an obscure book. (which was later turned into a movie). I remember chatting my ideas about Brawl posting predictions and a lot of interaction with a lot of different people online. This was all new and fun to me I would never talk to random strangers in real life let along people I would never see there faces. But some how this game was changing all of it.  As the game got closer to release and the confirmation that online play would be a new thing several crazy fans came together to create websites dedicated to playing online with Smash fans. I found one called Smash Brotherhood.

Can you imagine? Me a shy lone wolf joining a website to interact and play video games? Back then that was a crazy idea. In my area the internet was a scary place that was only filled with people that were out to scam you and steal your money. But here I was chatting with people in real time about my love for Nintendo and games with not a care or fear in the world. I will never forget those days of staying up late during the week on Skype or Xat for hours at a time just playing online Brawl. And no matter if I was winning or losing I didn't care I was just having fun. As cheese as that sounds It would not of happened if I had not got the courage to chat with people on IGN and that website.

Playing Brawl and joining websites really opened my views as a gamer. Back then I was a 1000% true Nintendo fan boy. But seeing other consoles and what games they had to offer other than Xbox was only Halo really got me interested in playing new games and trying that game that has multiplayer and online. If it had not been for the recommendation of online friends I probably would of never gotten a Xbox or Playstation. True in present day I probably would but I attribute a lot of my change as a person to joining websites like this one that really helped me grow and no be scared or shy towards other.

I guess in short what I am trying to say to EVERYONE that I have come in contact with in the last ten plus years is...... THANK YOU! Thank you for helping me grow as a person . Thank you for showing me new things that I might of never tried. Thank you for staying up late hours when I want to play one more match. Thank you for putting up with me if I ever had a low moment. Thank you for being there when I was in a low moment. But most important of all Thank you for being a friend. I don't know if anyone will see this and I really don't care just know this I will never forget you guys and gals and I hope you will never forget me. So once again THANK YOU to EVERYONE for EVERYTHING!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Thank You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You!   Thank You! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 5:28 am

It's good to see a post here after all this time.

Hard to believe it's already been ten years. It's funny to look back at myself as a silly teen and cringe at some of the stuff I said.  It's also funny to realize that honestly, not much has really changed there.

This place is by far among my favorite memories, from the trash talking to dragging everyone back as often as you all would put up with.  You guys helped me take my first steps growing up from a shy, silly nerd into a vaguely competent human being.  I met lots of good friends here at a time when I was pretty low.  Thank you all for that.

While I'm sorry to see this place go, it's worth repearting something I said ages ago, when it appeared this place was dead.  Sometimes it's good to be sad over what is gone, because it was something worth having in the first place.

Anyone who wants to get in touch with me can find me on Discord at GeoPaladin#1327.  You guys are all my friends and I'd love to stay in touch.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

Thank You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You!   Thank You! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 1:48 am

Oh hey someone really did post something NICE!

It is always fun to come back here and read old post and remember all the good times

I never mentioned it but you can find me just about anywhere as StarRoadWarrior
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Thank You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You!   Thank You! Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am

StarRoadWarrior wrote:
Oh hey someone really did post something NICE!

It is always fun to come back here and read old post and remember all the good times

I never mentioned it but you can find me just about anywhere as StarRoadWarrior

Hey, said I'd be the last one to leave way back when, can't let you beat me now.

Can't really add you with just that info, but you have mine if you want to do something with it.

Always good to see you, mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thank You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thank You!   Thank You! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thank You!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: FTW General Discussion :: The Living Room-
Jump to: