For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Gamestop Tricking Customers?

Go down 
    +2
    waaar81
    Forsaken Lament 44
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Gamestop Tricking Customers? Empty
    PostSubject: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:50 pm

According to this article, evidence has been found which implies that Gamestop has been packaging used games as New games, and selling them for premium prices to unknowing customers...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If this is true, there could be all kinds of lawsuits for false advertisement...I always knew there was something fishy going on in those stores...
    Back to top Go down
    https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
    waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Thats why a never get a game there ounless its used and cheaper lol.
    Alqays be alert for cheap prices here and there and get them or check amazon.com
    Back to top Go down
    http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:51 pm

damn you American businesses - that's why we have wo gaming shops called Game and Gamestation. If one is being cheap then go to the other. Or alternitavely, find out the price of the game you want and then order it off amazon
    Back to top Go down
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 pm

i do not doubt that gamestop is ripping customers off why just today i went in a gamestop to pick up saints row, gears of war, and madworld and noticed that some of the saints row boxes looked different. some of the "new" boxes had the plastic cover ripped off the biggest thing that i noticed was normally on wii and xbox games there is a small tape cover the opening that has "official nintendo seal of approval" or for xbox "microsoft seal" this was missing. so i knew the game was not "new"
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
    BrightScales
    Pug & Yoshi Fan!
    BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:26 am

i wouldn't surprised they tricked my into buying the wrong game once Mad
    Back to top Go down
    koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:42 pm

I hate Gamestop lately, I only get used games and some preorders there, I go to Best Buy most of the time.
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 pm

Actually I was looking for Fallout 3 the other day, and I saw it brand new for 39.88 at Wal Mart! I almost bought it, but I figured I could probably get it used for less at the gamestop across the street...but man was I wrong! 54.97 for a USED, that's right, used copy of the game at gamestop. What a rip...I like to buy used games there, but they've been pissing me off lately.
    Back to top Go down
    waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:54 am

Wait instead f going to gamestop Ive started going to EB games. Better there or the best choice is still Amazon
    Back to top Go down
    http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 pm

I think there's only one EB nearby, but it's difficult to get to, so I just have to swallow my pride and go to gamestop...which is really a pain...but then again, I suppose it's not that bad. At least you know you'll get what you're paying for...unlike Wal Mart where you might just get a box of rocks...lol
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamestop Tricking Customers?   Gamestop Tricking Customers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamestop Tricking Customers?
    Page 1 of 1