For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Does motion control really matter?......

Go down 
    +4
    SilensCaelum
    KingKlepto2
    StarRoadWarrior
    SmashedBrother
    8 posters
    AuthorMessage
    SmashedBrother
    Administrator
    SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Does motion control really matter?...... Empty
    PostSubject: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:36 pm

So......after E3, we've heard a lot more hype for how motion control is THE FUTURE!!!! as Microsoft & Sony are both about to enter the field....and I'm curious - does it really matter to you?

I personally don't much care for it - sure it's cool at first, but it quickly gets old and just turns into a gimic. Its akward. It also gets tiring quickly(particularly if it actually is important to the game, like sword-fighting), and worst of all.............it causes a game delay on the Wii when they tell you to put that strap on for the millionth time!!! affraid ...........is this just me?
    Back to top Go down
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:50 pm

naa i really dont care for motion control any more back at E3 2006.....or 2007 when the wii and wii motion was first announced i was like WOW NOW THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR. now im just like its a normal part of gaming. both microsoft and sony are trying to sell me it but its just not the same spark as wii did years ago. motion control is now outdated tech for me. (im now hyped for 3D lol) microsoft project natal (i refuse to call it kinect >_>) is ok but playing that makes me think that im trying an endurance test or something. think about it your playing a race game and you have to have your arms out in front of you for it to pick up on your motions. around lap 4 your arms are getting tired so they start to fall and natal cant pick up on your motions. just a thought. sony move is both microsoft and nintendo's idea in one. i guess the good thing for the move is that you can now us wii motion on the games that are not on the wii. now everyone is happy. once again just my thoughts but i believe that motion control is now going to get outdated and old
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
    KingKlepto2

KingKlepto2

Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 am

When I bought my Wii for the first time and played Wii Sports, I thought the motion sensing was cool. However, there are just games that are not meant to have motion controls. I love the Mario Party series, but Mario Party 8 wasn't much fun to play because you were forced to use the Wiimote instead of a Gamecube Controller.
    Back to top Go down
    matt2003

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 4:04 pm

I think its just a fad, pure and simple. There are other trends in gaming that are taking hold, like moral decisions in gaming and RPG/Shooter blends that I think will have a stronger impact on game design in the long run than motion controls.
    Back to top Go down
    SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Despite the fact that motion control is getting somewhat 'tired', I do however, believe that if companies continue to expand on the whole idea of 'becoming the game' than the possibilities for video games (ing) will be endless.

Yeah, Nintendo started it... but it is inevitable that Nintendo's competitors will steal the idea and re-invigorate it somehow, but this isn't a bad thing. Once Gamers begin to embrace the newer trends more game developers will start to brainstorm and work with companies and such, thus leading to brand new ideas (such as when wii first introduced motion control). Perhaps MC isn't the newest thing on the market, but it is definitely the start of a 'new age' of gaming.
    Back to top Go down
    http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
    TreISGood

TreISGood

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Honestly, I don't ever see motion control gaining support from the hardcore crowd, which, when it all comes down to it, runs the industry. Casuals aren't going to go out and keep buying new Wiis, because they're satisfied with what they have. It's because they're casual.

I think 3D gaming will be the true next step. While I personally haven't played the 3DS and seen how the 3D on that works, I can say the PS3 and its 3D is really going to revolutionize gaming- especially First Person Shooters, the juggernaut genre that isn't going to die down in popularity any time soon.
    Back to top Go down
    Blitzsword
    Administrator
    Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:56 pm

TreISGood wrote:
    Honestly, I don't ever see motion control gaining support from the hardcore crowd, which, when it all comes down to it, runs the industry. Casuals aren't going to go out and keep buying new Wiis, because they're satisfied with what they have. It's because they're casual.

I think 3D gaming will be the true next step. While I personally haven't played the 3DS and seen how the 3D on that works, I can say the PS3 and its 3D is really going to revolutionize gaming- especially First Person Shooters, the juggernaut genre that isn't going to die down in popularity any time soon.

I agree. Right now, 3D is seen as a gimmick by the majority and there is some truth to that. However, I believe that with a little more tweeking and the right software, 3D can revolutionize video games in a big way.
    Back to top Go down
    TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Blitzsword wrote:
    TreISGood wrote:

I agree. Right now, 3D is seen as a gimmick by the majority and there is some truth to that. However, I believe that with a little more tweeking and the right software, 3D can revolutionize video games in a big way.

It seems like it already is on that track. All we can do is sit and wait for Sony to release some AAA titles for us to play em on.

And the 3D glasses are sexy. I wouldn't mind even wearing those to school.
    Back to top Go down
    SmashedBrother
    Administrator
    SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 pm

I'm still a little skeptical on 3-D myself......it has more potential than motion control (which is fun for swords & lightsabers but not much else) but I've always thought it was overrated at the movies.......still, I'm willing to give it a chance.

@Luis - That could very well be, but for now I view it as a gimmick simply because it's really an "enhancement" to a game, rather than something that could revolutionize gameplay. Like I've already said, I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm more interested in the 3DS's games & major improvment in the graphics at this point in time
    Back to top Go down
    TreISGood

TreISGood

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:42 am

SmashedBrother wrote:
    I'm still a little skeptical on 3-D myself......it has more potential than motion control (which is fun for swords & lightsabers but not much else) but I've always thought it was overrated at the movies.......still, I'm willing to give it a chance.

@Luis - That could very well be, but for now I view it as a gimmick simply because it's really an "enhancement" to a game, rather than something that could revolutionize gameplay. Like I've already said, I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm more interested in the 3DS's games & major improvment in the graphics at this point in time

Because at the movies it's not really 3D. They just make random things pop out at you to make you jump. When gaming with PS3 though, you're really in a 3D environment. Feels like your actually there. It can make a pure enjoyment game like Killzone and actually make it scary.
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:26 am

Personally I find motion control to be more immersive than 3D...in fact, I really can't stand this new 3D craze. I don't think it adds anything to movie/game quality except price. I can tolerate it if its limited to handhelds, but if it becomes the norm for console games, I'm gonna have some issues.
    Back to top Go down
    https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That.
    Back to top Go down
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:29 am

firegremlin wrote:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That.

lol well said fire
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does motion control really matter?......   Does motion control really matter?...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does motion control really matter?......
    Page 1 of 1