For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"

Go down 
+2
SmashedBrother
Forsaken Lament 44
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Empty
PostSubject: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:31 pm

So I just came across this video series yesterday, and I must say I am completely blown away at the quality of this live action web series. I've never seen such attention to detail, nods to Nintendo and its history, and quality story-telling in a made-for-web video series. I'll warn whoever watches that it is dark and rather mature, but dammit, once you get hooked into this series, you can't stop. Every member of this forum NEEDS to watch these videos...I'll include the first 3 episodes. Oh, and one other warning...don't be surprised if you have nightmares about Kirby after watching this. You'll see why...

The next 7 episodes are on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Funny you should mention this. I only learned of this the other day myself, browsing through TP Tropes of all places! I'm currently on Epsidoe 5, and I have to admit I'm impressed, despite the (im)mature elements. They have a surprisingly well thought out script and great actors for a fan creation, along with subtle, dark sense of humor. My hat's off to them.

As Cory said, the story is quite dark, following Nintendo's characters after vice and corruption have become the norm in the Mushroom Kingdom. (So far) the story follows Lugi who is now a drugdealer (super mushrooms Wink ) dreaming of the good old days when honor used to mean something.........and so he finds himself entangled in a plot of Kingdom proportions, with an unknown serial killer on the looose.

Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 pm

What?! How did you guys only just find out about it now? I've been plugging it all the time!
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Wow Smashed, I'm shocked you've already seen 5 episodes! Shocked Especially after the *ahem* "love" scenes in the first two episodes...

And I must have missed it Roy...it seems a lot of people have already seen this. I'm just glad I found it.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Well, to put it another way, by not watching it as it was released, you're spared the drama/excitement/irritation of how the Escapist shafted Matt Mercer over on payments and caused many of the later episodes to be delayed. On the plus side, however, the constant delays meant that the new year of 2010 delivered unto us the final episode.
Back to top Go down
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Thanks for posting these up. Really entertaining vids Smile
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Who do you guys the best actors were? I thought Wario's actor did a fantastic job caputring Wario's..."essence." I also thought Kirby's voice was appropriately...demented. lol
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 am

Well, like I said in the chat, I simply skipped those parts. Since the problem scenes were confined to the first three, it wasn't that hard to avoid.

Anyway, I'd have to say that the whole cast was excellent. It was thanks to them more than anything else that this series was so well done. If I had to choose my favorites, they would be Luigi, Ganondorf, and Kirby (did anyone else think "My preciousssss" when he first appeared?)

Luigi managed to walk the fine balance between despair and a desire to do something, to bring back the old days. He managed to be a powerful protaginist despite the theme of the story.....or perhaps because of it.

Ganondorf was perhaps even better than in the games......I was actually sorry to see him die, just because he was such an excellent villian. I loved how things build up, to the point where you're barely thinking about him, (because the Koopas are the real threat) and yet all the pieces fit so very well when they are finally put together.

Kirby.......I don't know where to start.......I have to admit, he was the last character I would have suspected to play the role of mastermind, but, without really changing any of his backstory, they managed to pull him off convincingly. If I had to choose one favorite, it would probably be him.

My favorite moment is when he takes off Meta Knight's mask, and gives his signiture, Hi-iii.

So, my own question - did any of the deaths particularly get to you?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Kirby was amazingly freaky, but I also found Olimar to be pretty disturbing as well. The actor who played him seemed to relish the role...lol

As for deaths? I'm not sure...Red's death was annoying with that dumb video...and I think Link died too easily, especially after his epic declaration "I'm at full health!"

Also, why'd Mario have to splatter DK?? I know he didn't like him, but was that brutality that necessary?? If I was Diddy, I would have capped his ass at the end...lol
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Forsaken Lament 44 wrote:
As for deaths? I'm not sure...Red's death was annoying with that dumb video...and I think Link died too easily, especially after his epic declaration "I'm at full health!"

Just another proof of how d.amn powerful the shadow don is.

Quote :
Also, why'd Mario have to splatter DK?? I know he didn't like him, but was that brutality that necessary??

Yes. Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:02 pm

The actor who played Ganon was pretty amazing. Definitely had an Al Pacino quality about him.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:21 pm

navi, I want to watch this now. Hurry up September so my bandwidth limit resets!

Last edited by firegremlin on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Who do you guys the best actors were? I thought Wario's actor did a fantastic job caputring Wario's..."essence." I also thought Kirby's voice was appropriately...demented. lol

what i really liked was how modern everyone was. thats how i see mario, luigi, link, etc. in todays time corrupted and killing others for personal gain. It was great that no one was the same personality as the real characters which is great or the show would be boring and no one would watch. there were a few things i did not particularly like. one was waluigi..... sigh.... really? that was just uncalled for im sure you guys liked it but i just did not care for waluigi to be that way also why does captain falcon have to be gay? it was very funny and unexpected but why him? i knew that pit was going to be portrayed that way but next to cap? (i of much rather waluigi be gay than cap)
as far as the actors they were great no problems if this was made into a true movie i would waste no time going to see it. great set of shows 'A' PLUS!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:52 pm

firegremlin wrote:
navi, I want to watch this now. Hurry up September so my bandwidth limit resets!

Why is d.a.m.n (without full stops) replaced with navi? That's a ridiculous language policy
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 pm

'Tis a hilarious language policy. You only need one period to stop d.amn from getting filtered.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:43 pm

I've fixed it for the more obvious substitute of darn.....navi is a pretty weird choice scratch
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Doppelgänger24 wrote:

what i really liked was how modern everyone was. thats how i see mario, luigi, link, etc. in todays time corrupted and killing others for personal gain. It was great that no one was the same personality as the real characters which is great or the show would be boring and no one would watch. there were a few things i did not particularly like. one was waluigi..... sigh.... really? that was just uncalled for im sure you guys liked it but i just did not care for waluigi to be that way also why does captain falcon have to be gay? it was very funny and unexpected but why him? i knew that pit was going to be portrayed that way but next to cap? (i of much rather waluigi be gay than cap)
as far as the actors they were great no problems if this was made into a true movie i would waste no time going to see it. great set of shows 'A' PLUS!

Actually, it's funny you say that, cause I can totally see this movie in theaters if the quality was upped slightly and it was cleaned up a bit. And what's wrong with Waluigi? I suppose if you know someone who handicapped, I can understand it being in poor taste, but I did find it pretty funny. I also thought Captain Falcon and Pit were a great couple! Especially the part where Falcon kills the two cops and Pit runs into his arms yelling "Caaaptain!!" Gets me every time. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"   MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUST Watch-"There Wil Be Brawl"
Page 1 of 1