For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Gravity Rush Thoughts

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

Gravity Rush Thoughts Empty
    PostSubject: Gravity Rush Thoughts   Gravity Rush Thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Recently I just finished a very interesting game on the Vita called Gravity Rush. The reason I wanted to try this game out was a character from the game was going to be added to Playstation Brawl and i wanted to understand the lore of the character and game. (that and I could get the game for free) I didn't know what to expect from this game but as I started playing time just flew by and (much like a good book) I didn't want to put it down. I feel that this game is so underrated that i must share my thoughts with this game and why I liked it.

The game starts off with a character that has lost her memory and in an unknown area. She finds a black cat that is able to give her the ability to bend gravity for her and levitate objects. Kat (as she is later referred to) uses the ability to travel quickly through the town of Hekseville (a floating city) and protect the citizens form the gravity storm and Nevi black creatures ranging in size and weak spots. Kat uses her ability to throw objects and deliver quick gravity kicks to defeat enemies. After a brief into Kat stumbles on a low ranking police officer name Syd that befriends her and basically tells Kat everything there is to know about Hekseville. One major note about the city is that parts of the town was torn and moved to a different plane of existence that the only way to reconnect the city is to find a 'creator'. Kat finds this out after encountering with a fortune teller through cryptic clues led Kat to one. Gade is one creator that helps out Kat in restoring the city. After the first part of town is restored we are introduced to Raven a gravity shifter also and the stories 'Anti-Hero'. (her animal of choice is a raven if you could not tell) Kat and Raven butt heads for the first part until later in the story when it is revealed why.

Hekseville is filled to the brim with unique character that really give the feeling of being in a real city. some character you can interact with to do missions or side missions. doing side missions also helps build the city up and reputation for Kat thus building up her power. also scattered through the city is purple gems that also boost her power. The graphics are a beautiful cel-shaded that really brings the game to life. most of the story is told through comic book blocks and speech bubbles. Occasionally you will get a few spoken lines of dialogue. the original voice actors were kept for voice and since this was a japan made game you would thing it would be Japaneses dialogue but in fact it was French. The director cited that French comic books he read at a young age as the inspiration of the way the story was told, the city, and spoken dialogue.

I put a lot of time into Gravity Rush and for good reasons to. The story was engaging and I wanted to see it to the end to find out the truth to Kat's story. The story ends rather abruptly most questions are answered but some are still lingering. for example we never know the true back story of Kat or Raven. We never know what the gravity storm or nevi are from. We also never know who that mysterious queen was. All in all this was an epic single player story that had me on the edge of my seat wanting to get to the end. I WOULD recommend it to every one but there is a catch. Currently the only way to play this game is on the Vita and i don't know anyone that has a Vita. However this game would be the reason to get a vita. Not uncharted or little big planet its this game Gravity Rush.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

Gravity Rush Thoughts
    Page 1 of 1