For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?

Go down 
4 posters

Which style of Mario would you like to see more of?
Classic 2D Style
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Vote_lcap100%Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Newer 3D Style
Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Vote_lcap0%Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Back

AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Empty
PostSubject: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Most of us Nintendo fans have played our fair share of Mario games, but I couldn't help but think of the two different styles mario has been presented in. Obviously, he started off roaming through a 2D world in which going right meant going the right way. In 1997(if i remember correctly), things changed drastically when Mario was free to roam a 3D world. This was fun and revolutionary at the time, and Mario Galaxy has proven that it's still just as fun as ever. But I'm wondering, they've recently made a few "New" sidescrolling Mario games on the Nintendo DS, and they've all done extremely well...now after Mario Galaxy, many have wondered where Mario could go next...

Well, what about back to his roots? What if they made a New Mario that was every bit as deep and as fun as Mario Galaxy, but in 2D form? Not like Paper Mario, but more like Super Mario 3 or Super Mario World? If done right, I think they could really make an amazing game.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:06 pm

I would say mario bros 3 was the best one and its 2d so I have to go with the 2d version's
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:28 pm

I think the only problem would be making it live up to what we consider as a real Mario game. I mean, Mario Galaxy was a HUGE game, so if Nintendo were to make the next real mario game 2D, they'd somehow have to make it 2D, AND as big as Galaxy...which could be hard to do.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Agreed, the plus they already "have" a 2d style mario game and thats Mario paper series. I dont think they will make a 2d mario game other then that from now on. Specially since the new generation f gamers are so used to 3d games.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:01 pm

well form what I've seen and heard, "New Super Mario Bros" for the DS was extremely good. They took the old style of playing and brought it into the 3D world, which basically took the best of both and out them together. While I doubt we'll see it on the wii, it could actually work well. After all, I heard the latest Wario Land for wii was quite good.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 2:57 pm

i voted classic because thats why im so excited for the new super mario bros. for the wii =)
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm a total old school Mario fan, so I'm all for more 2D Mario. They're the only Mario games I really really liked, although Galaxy was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?   Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sidescrolling: The Best Version of Mario?
Page 1 of 1