For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Final Destination..Fair?

Go down 
+2
firegremlin
Forsaken Lament 44
6 posters

Is Final Destination a fair stage?
Yes
Final Destination..Fair? Vote_lcap75%Final Destination..Fair? Vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
No
Final Destination..Fair? Vote_lcap25%Final Destination..Fair? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Back

AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Final Destination..Fair? Empty
PostSubject: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:41 am

In a recent conversation with Firegremlin, the debate about the fairness of Final Destination was brought up. As many of us know, it is a favorite of tourney players and "serious" brawl contenders. But is it really fair??

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 am

firegremlin wrote:
if you explain why final destination is ALWAYS the 'finals' stage. Seriously, why? It seems to have this false effect that makes everyone feel as if it is the 'fairest stage' in the game...well that's idea's fails. FD is and never will be the fairest stage. It is completely flat with no extra legdes anywhere. This means faster characters such as Toon Link and Marth have the a huge advantage over slower characters such as Bowser and Ike. The level of unfairity (is that a word?) in it is equal to that of Summit in favour of the Ice Climbers or 75m to heavier brawlers. Come on, MUCH fairer stages would be Smashville, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island (except for the gay little platform), and possib le even Lylat's Cruise among others. So I'm asking, no, telling you to change the final stage to any of the above if you really want a 'fair' battle.

That.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 pm

While I'll have to think about this some, I believe that Battlefield is probably the "fairest" stage for most of the reasons Fire mentioned, but let me point out that those extra platforms can also favor certain characters. I don't think that either gives any significant bonus, so I don't think it's a big deal.

The bottom line is that Battlefield is probably slightly better, but I don't see any reason to change the finals IMO.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:53 pm

Well I gotta agree that FD isn't the fairest at all.
In fact it usually favors faster characters and shooters like Falco and is ideal for rolling type such as yoshi.

From my point of view Battlefield is the fairest one. Characters that dont shoot or dont absorb can always just go up a platform. plus rollers can still use their rolls.

But what I truly think is one of the best stages is pokemon stadium 2 since it doesnt favor much anyone, in fact on the contrary it's more of a pain for everyone since it changes all the time or also castle siege stage (well fire emblem stage). Those stages are better since you have to adapt while you play to the changing environnement of the stage.
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:00 am

FD IS...... BORING!!! as for being fair im not sure yes it has its pros and cons but so do all of the other stages it up to the fighter themselves
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:54 am

Now my say:

To say that faster characters have an advantage over slower characters is useless, as that applies almost anywhere. Ike has a disadvantage, while Marth has an advantage? C'mon! I play as Ike in FD all the time and do just fine. If anything, FD makes it harder on Marth and Ike because there are no obstructions to projectile attacks, which hurts their playability in a big way. But you know, I could say the same thing about Battlefield. It's still flat, and it's smaller. The platforms don't help. Good air characters like pit or toon link will just come up from underneath the platforms to smash you out of there...even Ike has an advantage as his up smash is perfect to use underneath the platforms to send people on top flying. Battlefield is small, FD is big. Battlefield helps players escape projectiles, but c'mon, if you're skilled enough, that shouldn't even be a concern.

Final Destination is just that: the FINAL destination. It is climactic and simple, dramatic and plain. It allows characters to play any way they want, and it doesn't offer any fighter any TRUE advantage. Especially in the way Summit did in Melee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:40 am

I agree with Cory an Jody on this one: All levels have their pros and cons.

What I think is an issue here is that people are just upset that they have to have FD as the Final level. They're sick of seeing it since it has been overplayed and would like to see some more variety in the level order. I'll admit, I'd be sick of it as well if I had to deal with FD all the time but to say that FD is an unfair level is completely irrelevent as all levels are.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Blitzsword wrote:
I agree with Cory an Jody on this one: All levels have their pros and cons.

What I think is an issue here is that people are just upset that they have to have FD as the Final level. They're sick of seeing it since it has been overplayed and would like to see some more variety in the level order. I'll admit, I'd be sick of it as well if I had to deal with FD all the time but to say that FD is an unfair level is completely irrelevent as all levels are.

NO items, fox only, Final destination Final Destination..Fair? 883970

The way pro's play huh!
Final Destination..Fair? 958399
Back to top Go down
TALL-A

TALL-A

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:44 pm

well if u ask me theirs no such thing as fair or unfair in brawl. if u pick a stage u better know every advantage and disadvantage of it or u may lose (thats why i trained my self in that field). so all u need to do is pick ur spots pick right and u may win pick wrong and u may lose, thats how it goes ( for me at least)
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm

@Waaar - Umm, actually the fact that FD doesn't get in the way of yoshi's roll is fair. A fair stage would be one that doesn't handicape any of the players. After that, it's up to the characters and players.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:18 am

TALLA has a point. A stage will work to your advantage if you know it well...I just so happen to know FD the best(which isn't hard to do to begin with!) But it's also the final stage because it's Final Destination! It's so dramatic with the chorus singing the dramatic tune and the epic background....it deserves to be the final showdown if not for anything else than the sheer cinematic nature of the stage.
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:43 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
TALLA has a point. A stage will work to your advantage if you know it well...I just so happen to know FD the best(which isn't hard to do to begin with!) But it's also the final stage because it's Final Destination! It's so dramatic with the chorus singing the dramatic tune and the epic background....it deserves to be the final showdown if not for anything else than the sheer cinematic nature of the stage.

Well I still disagree on the fact that it advantage some characters more then others. Lets say Fox gets the Fmash ball and does his final smash you will die 95% of the chance no matter who you choose on that stage if the opponent has skills no matter how good you are or who you've chosen. And no it's not real for every other stages. In some of them you can excape if you have enough skills to do. Like battlefield you can escape it if your luigi or some other characters that can go all the way from the bottom of the stage to the other side of the stage. it does take skill to do it but atleast you have a chance to escape it.
Well Maybe except Flying types like charizard, Meta knight and PIt, Here is an example look starting at 1:55

That was just an example but there is way more. Plus final destination is a stgae for people who are used to normal Fighting games like street fighter or others of that kind. Smash has always been a fighting game of variety and thats the key of his success.

So why think that FD is fair? Fast shooters always choose that one Because they have the advantage to shoot without risking to get any damage if the opponent doesnt have a reflector or anything to shoot it back at them. Rollers can roll easily without worrying much unless the ycome to the end of the stage.

There is even some "errors: in the stage
Here is an example.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:30 am

I have to disagree with Waaar on this one. I would argue that it would be suicide to play the "shoot & run" game. It isn't usually that hard to catch someone when they stick to such an easy pattern.

As for the glitch involving Ness, I fail to see much use for it. Even if you succeed everytime, it's not a major game changer.

The bottom line is that Final Destination isn't perfect, but it's close enough to work IMO.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:09 pm

I agree with you Smashed...just a flat surface, pure and simple. What could be more fair? I hear people clamor on about Battlefield, but even platforms give some characters an advantage, especially aerial characters like metaknight. Bottom line is, Final Destination is as perfect as you can get...plus it's just so navi epic too. I love brawling on that stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Destination..Fair?   Final Destination..Fair? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Destination..Fair?
Page 1 of 1