For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

A sci fi story I wrote

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

A sci fi story I wrote Empty
    PostSubject: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:52 pm

I had to write a short story in my sci-fi class last semester I dunno, no body is posting anything so I might as well post this. It may be a little weird to some.

“Excuse me, Miss?” inquired the flight attendant in a calm, professional voice. Although, there was something strange about her, her face was abnormally thin, and she was outrageously tall for a woman of her decent. She was dressed in the standard uniform; a white, velvet, dress with a blue, bold stripe across the chest. Her golden hair dangled around her face as she leaned toward the passenger. Her large blue eyes scanned the woman left and right. “Excuse me?” She questioned, her voice gradually raised. She then glanced over at the woman she was trying to speak to. She was asleep. The curious attendant then tapped the sleeping woman lightly on the shoulder. “Excuse me Miss…” this time it was a whisper.

The woman slightly opened her eyes; she looked around for a minute and realized that the flight attendant was trying to get her attention.

“Yes?” she muttered, as she sat fixing her messy, dark hair.

“We will be landing soon, about 60 minutes to be exact.”

“Thank you for informing me.”

“It’s my job Miss; please remember if anything were to go wrong, within your seat is a case of “somnio capsules.”

“Thank you.”

“Although, I assure you, technology never fails these days. It seems as though a clear and steady landing is ahead of us.” She nodded, then turned to the next passenger and said the exact same thing.

There was an old man sitting beside her, he looked about 78 years of age, he had thick, white hair protruding from his wide, heavy forehead. He stared at her, his eyes were dark, and very deep. Wrinkles consumed his face, his expression was undefinable.

“Somnio capsules, eh? I have heard those dammed pills make you go brain dead. I heard they give em' to you before you kick off. Then again, who wants to feel themselves dying? Shit, I know when it’s my time, I’m taking three.”

The woman was silent. She sat there, thinking. She began to bite her lip, something about this man frightened her. Her top teeth scraped violently against the plump of warm flesh beneath them.

“They give ‘em to the soldiers.... You know..... The ones on the moon, I guess they said something about them taken em' if they feel as though they are guaranteed to be defeated. I think that is a load of bull. Everyone knows those damned Russians don’t stand a chance. I've also heard they've been testing them on people. I guess.. sooner or later they're going to start using them in hospitals.” He looked at her anxiously, inching forward in his seat. Tense.

“Listen sir, I have a terrible headache. I think I’m going to shut my eyes.” Blood sprinkled down her chin.

The Old Man shrugged, releasing his tension. “People these days.” He looked the other way but continued to talk. However, the woman was no longer listening. She sat. Nervously thinking about what the old man had just said.

“Why would they inform us about these pills?” She thought to herself. “It's like they want us to be prepared for some sort of devastation. I've never really heard of these 'somnio capsules' before...” She let out a deep, sorrowful sigh. “I just want to get home, this whole vacation has been a complete disaster.” Suddenly, the plane began to shake ruthlessly back and forth, up and down, over and over. It took a minute for people to panic. Then, all of a sudden the passengers were screaming like wild animals. Each and every one of them acting as if they were caged test monkeys being injected with a powerful drug. The plane's shakes brought people back and forth, up and down in their seats, over and over. Then, the plane started to nose dive through the clouds. The woman curiously looked out the window to see how far the plane was dropping. However, all she could see was the white, peaceful, mist of the passing clouds as the plane descended through the blue sky.

“We are going to die! It's over! Shit, it's really over!” Shrieked the people sitting behind her. The woman looked back, she was terrified by the sight of them, their horrified faces stretched grotesquely with every piercing scream. A few seconds later, three loud beeps sounded over the microphone. Each beep was like a paper cut to the eardrum of each and every passenger. Including the woman gazing through the window, she tried to block out the screams of the other passengers, but she just couldn't shake them. Reality was finally setting in for her.

“Attention! Attention all Passengers! We are experiencing a technical malfunction. The computers have...” There was a short pause.“...Shut down. In approximately 2 minutes and 41 seconds... this plane will...” He stopped. “This plane will crash.” The minute the captains voice could no longer be heard each of the seats made a light clicking sound. From the back of all the seats a metal, robotic arm slowly protruded, in the arm; a small orange bottle labeled “Somnio Lab 8900*.” As the arms inched closer to the passengers the speakers overhead began to play Johann Strausse's orchestrated master piece, “The Blue Danube.” Everything was in perfect harmony, as if it was synchronized ever so perfectly. The passengers were entranced by the sight, the sound of the mind altering strings blaring above them. Then each passenger, (not counting the woman by the window, she was entranced by something else,) reached forward to the robotic hand and grabbed the tiny orange bottle. Popped the cap, and poured the small blue capsules into the palms of their sweaty, soft hands. The woman then looked over at the old man as he poured three into his. Her eyes began to water, weightless tears drizzled down her blushed face. She was crying because she knew death was upon her, and everyone else. She ignored the robotic hand, she looked out the window once more, for a quick second and saw the ground coming closer, closer, closer. Her body and mind were relaxed, together they floated through the heavenly skies. Then she turned her head once more, the old man hesitated. They both looked around as they saw all the other passengers shove the blue pills down their coarse, disgusting, throats. Eyes began to roll to the back of each persons head, people were foaming at the mouth, spitting as their soul-less bodies convulsed with every sharp note of the Danube's erratic sounding. The old man's rough, cracked hands let go of the pills and let them spill to the floor. He looked up at the woman, who was smiling contently at him. She put her hand face up on the shared arm of the connected seats. He glanced at her hand, then back up at her face. He then placed his aged, rough hand over hers. Together they shut their eyes, clutched their hands, and took their last deep breath.
    Back to top Go down
    http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
    waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:34 am

Ok I finally read your story skye and I'm disapointed............ How can u not say what happened next!!!!!!! I want to know!!! It's like started a movie that has 3 sequels!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

yeah skye - for some reason I haven't seen this thread until now so can you please post the next part I want to know what those somnio capsules are!

~firegremlin~
    Back to top Go down
    SilensCaelum

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:48 am

Lol well thats the end, its a short story.. and you have to really think about the concept. And like I said, it's pretty abstract. Thanks for reading it.
    Back to top Go down
    SmashedBrother
    Administrator
    SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:21 pm

I really enjoyed your story Skye. You should go into writing (unless you go into computer art!)
    Back to top Go down
    SilensCaelum

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:32 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
    I really enjoyed your story Skye. You should go into writing (unless you go into computer art!)

Thanks a lot smashed! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't think I could ever go into writing though.. it's too much work.
    Back to top Go down
    SmashedBrother
    Administrator
    SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Desolate_Melody wrote:
    SmashedBrother wrote:

Thanks a lot smashed! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't think I could ever go into writing though.. it's too much work.

Yeah, but it's fun!

I was with a homeschool group that made a magazine (sort off. It was almost totally inside the group but it was still fun. The magazine group fell apart a while back Sad ) I usually did jokes, but they were doing a story where everyone took a turn writing a chapter. I'd like to think I did pretty well...maybe I'll post my part on the Brotherhood sometime...
    Back to top Go down
    BrightScales
    Pug & Yoshi Fan!
    BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:05 pm

cool SF story skye!
    Back to top Go down
    SilensCaelum

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:39 am

Thanks so much Pugs! i got an A- on it, but only because it wasn't long enough. No
    Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Desolate_Melody wrote:
    Thanks so much Pugs! i got an A- on it, but only because it wasn't long enough. No
    that's a great grade! maybe you should have gone into detail about the woman's holiday/vacation and also I didn't get this bit "Then each passenger, (not counting the woman by the window, she was entranced by something else,) reached forward to the robotic hand and grabbed the tiny orange bottle."
    what was she entranced by?
    ~firegremlin~
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sci fi story I wrote   A sci fi story I wrote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A sci fi story I wrote
    Page 1 of 1