For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Death Note Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Death Note Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Death Note Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Death Note Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Death Note Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Death Note Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Death Note Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Death Note Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Death Note Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Death Note

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:34 pm

From what I've noticed, it doesn't seem like ANY of you have watched this anime...which is really, REALLY a problem...you see, I didn't watch it either up until just last weekend, and I've just now discovered how much I was really missing out. This anime has impacted me in a way few shows or games ever have...and now rivals my favorite anime, Cowboy Bebop....in other words, this anime is a must...

In case you don't know, it's about a high school student named Light, who is known as one of the most intelligent students in Japan...he lives a normal life until he mysteriously notices a notebook laying in the middle of the field...when he picks it up, he realizes that the book has the ability to kill anyone whose name is written in it. At first he doesn't believe it, but he decides to test it out on a killer he sees on TV...once he discoveres its power, he is visited by a Death God who tells him he just wants to watch and see what Light does with it. Feeling powerful, Light decides to continue killing those who commit the worst crimes...and eventually create an ideal world free of crime and suffering...there's only one catch-Light wants to rule over that new world. The rest of the anime is filled with twists and turns that always keep you on the edge of your seat, wondering who wil live or die in the endless fight between Light and a mysterious detective known L....what starts off as a mission of justice slowly transforms Light into something he never expected....

I'll warn some of our younger members that this anime can be graphic, but it doesn't contain anything too severe...

I've given everyone the first episode...I hope you'll watch because I know that once you start, it will be hard to stop....I'll post more episodes if people want, or you can go to the Death Note website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Watch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  |  View More [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:00 pm

this is actually a very good anime and I was hooked after only watching the first episode. a must be for animer lovers as it is a completely original idea - too many animes nowadays are essentially the same Mad I COMMAND YOU TO WATCH IT!!! Twisted Evil
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:18 pm

I'm glad you like the anime so much Gremlin! Personally I agree...it's an extremely original idea, with very original characters....It seems like so many animes have very typical characters that are predictable and almost boring...but Death Note is very fresh and NEVER predictable, especially with such deep characters like Light and "L"...I really do recommend everyone watch it...you really won't be sorry...

btw, how far are you Gremlin?
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:30 pm

way to go cory u got me hooked on another one of ur promise of something that is really good Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Jordan24Geno wrote:
way to go cory u got me hooked on another one of ur promise of something that is really good Razz
he got you too huh? well anyway, what episode are you on - I'm only on three because I have little time for it but it gets better the more you watch!
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:04 pm

yea he got me into it also. im at #5 i would watch more but i dont want to end it so quickly
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:19 pm

Wow...I didn't expect you to get into it Jody, but hey...that's awesome...I know that once people watch it, they'll be hooked.

You guys are starting to get into the good part, but i'll have to tell you that it just keeps on getting crazier...

By the way, do you guys think Light Yagami is evil or really good at heart?

WARNING--Following posts could have spoilers for those who haven't seen the anime.
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:29 pm

well, obviously he thinks he is doing the right thing by eradicating criminals but as L said, he has a very simple idea of a perfect world. also, he starts to not only kill criminals but innocent civilians and FBI agents as well. in my opinion, both Light and L are doing the right thing but Light in a not so humane way. btw why is Light nicknamed Kira? I know it said in the first couple of episoes but I can't remember - it's something to do with it sounding like death but I don't know...also, what is the significance of the apple everywhere? I've gotten upto episode 6 so if it's got to do with anything after that, I don't want to know!

I just watched episode 11 and what a plot twist it is! :affarid: now there's another 'kira' in the equation - I wonder if they ever meet...
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:05 pm

You bring up some good points Gremlin. Light originally started off killing only the really bad people in society, but all of a sudden, he's killing FBI agents and other people who really haven't done anything bad at all...just remember in the first episode, Light says "One i kill off all of the evil in the world, everyone will live in a world without evil" and Ryuuk responds: "Yeah, and you'll be the only bad guy left." At this point in the anime, it almost seems like Light cares more about keeping his own power than about serving justice...I could be wrong...

and as for the word "Kira" it's based on the Japanese pronunciation of the word "Killer". Since there is no letter L in Japanese, they use R instead. Also, in the credits, they show the apple turning into the Death Note....don't you think there is some sort of symbolism there?
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:28 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
You bring up some good points Gremlin. Light originally started off killing only the really bad people in society, but all of a sudden, he's killing FBI agents and other people who really haven't done anything bad at all...just remember in the first episode, Light says "One i kill off all of the evil in the world, everyone will live in a world without evil" and Ryuk responds: "Yeah, and you'll be the only bad guy left." At this point in the anime, it almost seems like Light cares more about keeping his own power than about serving justice...I could be wrong...

and as for the word "Kira" it's based on the Japanese pronunciation of the word "Killer". Since there is no letter L in Japanese, they use R instead. Also, in the credits, they show the apple turning into the Death Note....don't you think there is some sort of symbolism there?
I neve watch the credits so I wouldn't know Razz but yeah, you're probably right.
the one bit I don't understand so far is about the girl and the second death note. how did she get hers and what is her shinigami's name? btw I'm on episode 17 I think...
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:49 pm

dang u guys and your spoilers Razz im on 10 now
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Well Gremlin they should have explained how Misa got her Death Note by now...are you paying attention? lol Her Shinigami, Rem, wnted to give it to her because she had been watching her from the Shinigami world, and felt attatched to her..and Misa loves Light because Light killed the criminals who killed her own parents...I don't know about you, but she just gets on my nerves...and I could be wrong, but I don't think Light likes her very much either...
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:54 pm

MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!DON'T READ JODY!!!!!lol

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Well Gremlin they should have explained how Misa got her Death Note by now...are you paying attention? lol Her Shinigami, Rem, wnted to give it to her because she had been watching her from the Shinigami world, and felt attatched to her..and Misa loves Light because Light killed the criminals who killed her own parents...I don't know about you, but she just gets on my nerves...and I could be wrong, but I don't think Light likes her very much either...
oh...was that it? I knew that but I thought there was more to it because when a shinigami gets attached to a human I thought they die? I know why Misa loves Light so much and in my opinion, it's kinda creepy...Light certainly doesn't like her as all he does is take advantage of her shinigami eyes and devotion to him. in fact, he says in one of the episodes to Ryuk, that he's goning to kill her after Ryuzaki is dead until Misa's shinigami says she will kill him if Misa dies early. this also shows how devoted the shinigami is to Misa because she would die if she killed Light to protect Misa
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Yeah, Rem is really attatched to Misa, and that's very important to remember(it's going to play a big role on episode 25!) But yeah, Light hates Misa...and the fact that he doesn't care abou her, and even wants to kill her, just shows how evil Light might be....

btw, I know you're at a slow point in the anime, but trust me, trust me....it gets better...like i said, just wait until episodes 23-25....things really start to go crazy then.
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 am

u keep saying episode 23-25 guess i need to hurry and get there and see what happens. also the i got some music for piano. its not that hard sounds good right not but i got to get better Razz
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 6:27 pm

wow....I just watched episode 22 and there's sooo much tension! I really hope Hugachi doesn't find out Matsuda's name - he's the best character! if Matsuda dies I'll be sad Sad . and cory, I agree, Misa is unbelievably annnoying, I kinda hope a Kira or Shinigami kills her so she's out of this ugh!

btw, the new starting and ending theme sucks don't you think? it's too rock/metal for me. the older one was much better. they had better go back to it!
EDIT: thank god for that! Matsuda doesn't die cheers and Izowa (is that how you spell it?) came back. now, I wonder how they are going to do more episodes ater this? but, I thought the same thing when light got his memory erased and they carried it on well.

~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Wow...I'm glad you finally made it! Pretty crazy stuff huh? I couldn't believe the tension when i watched those episodes...they blew me away! And I never would have guessed Light's plan would have worked so brilliantly...so the question nowis what can L do to protect himself? He can't prove Light is Kira after all that...

And I'm surprised you like Matsuda and Aizawa so much...i also think they're pretty cool even though Matsuda is annoying as hell...lol But yeah, Matsuda will redeem himself in the last epiode...you'll have to watch to see what i mean...lol
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:36 pm

y'kow, I'm actually kinda happy L died. L annoyed me a lot because he's so full of himself and says "I don't need you help anymore. you are free to do whatever you want". it's sad about his partner/assisant dying as he never did anything wrong. I can't beleive Rem would go to such extremes (such as killing herself) to keep Misa from danger even though Light will kill her eventually (hopefully lol). I also can't stress how amazingly smart and diabolical Light is! his entire plan worked out exactly in his favour!!
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:15 am

Wow, it's weird how people see the show differently...I didn't see L as arogant at all! I was upset when he died, and I hated Light for it(even though he is one amazing bad guy, hence, why he's my rank)...did you expect it to go like that? I knew before I watched it that L died, but i didn't expect him to go like that! Now all that remains is what Light will do without anyone to oppose him...
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:39 pm

I didn't expect L to die a the start but when Light touched the death note in the helicopter I knew he would eventually go down. at the end of the episode I was watching (20/21 I think) there were those people with a photo of Watari who I think will be the next nemesis for Light.
I thought L was arrogant because he always says "I don't need your help with the Kira Investigation - I can do it on my own". also, when Aizowa was abbout to leave L was just testing how loyal Aizowa was to the case. and when he left, L was so blunt with him showing no signs of compassion
~firegrmelin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:06 am

I guess you could say they both have HUGE egos...but c'mon! Light wants to be a god...and he even tricked REM into committing suicide! Also L was always nice to Light...even when he suspected him the most! oh, and don't forget Light has been tricking his Dad all this time...who knows what else he'll do now...

oh, and you're right about the picture...L isn't the last person Light will have to deal with...
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:39 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
I guess you could say they both have HUGE egos...but c'mon! Light wants to be a god...and he even tricked REM into committing suicide! Also L was always nice to Light...even when he suspected him the most! oh, and don't forget Light has been tricking his Dad all this time...who knows what else he'll do now...

oh, and you're right about the picture...L isn't the last person Light will have to deal with...
yeah but that's what makes Light so awesome! when you see how he planned everyothing you realise how much thought he poured into it and how serious he is to create the 'new world'. the whole 'being nice to Light' thing (I think) was just an act to get on Light's side so Light might (lol rhymes) part with some of his secrets. btw I haven't fisihed DN yet but is there going to be another season?
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm surprised you see t that way! I saw it completely differently! I saw (and still see) Light as a completely power-hungry, egotistical murder who would kill anyone who got in his way....well, i suppose i have more evidence then you...i've seen the entire anime after all...

What episode are you on? Have they met Near yet? Oh, and about the next season...i can't really explain it to you...you'll have to see episode 37...
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:35 pm

oh, and here's a deleted scene you might like...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Note   Death Note Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death Note
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: FTW General Discussion :: The Media Center-
Jump to: