For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Hobbies & Interests

Go down 
+5
BrightScales
firegremlin
Forsaken Lament 44
StarRoadWarrior
SmashedBrother
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

Hobbies & Interests Empty
PostSubject: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:19 pm

So, what kind (if any) of a life do you guys have a life outside the forum?

As for me, well, I've HEARD of hobbies and things besides the computer & video games, but I'm not quite sure what they are confused
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:02 pm

you mean people have other lives?

mine would be
swimming
football
reading
animals
4-H
FFA
sharp shooters (dont freak out its a 4-H club)
coin collection
watching movies
hanging out with friends
im sure there is more
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:49 pm

hmmm good question...

obviously, I enjoy history and reading, but there is more than that-

coin collection
artifact collection
writing
biking
photography
hanging out with friends
politics
philosophy
eating out and trying new things
traveling (hopefully some day)
and I'm sure i have more myself...

there must be something else you are into Smashed...
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:51 pm

ooo coin collection what kinds do u have?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Oh I have coins from all over the world- some of which are over 100 years old. I also try to collect all 50 state quarters, the President Dollars, buffalo nickels, wheat Pennies, JFK half-dollars, Eisenhower Dollars, Susan B. Anthony Dollars, and even some old coins from the early 1900's I don't even know the names of!
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:47 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Oh I have coins from all over the world- some of which are over 100 years old. I also try to collect all 50 state quarters, the President Dollars, buffalo nickels, wheat Pennies, JFK half-dollars, Eisenhower Dollars, Susan B. Anthony Dollars, and even some old coins from the early 1900's I don't even know the names of!
I have a feeling you have far too much spare time... Rolling Eyes and do you have a £5 coin and a £1 note? those are pretty rare nowadays
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:40 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

o wow you collection is bigger than mine but i do have something that u do not have confederate money that is worth nothing Razz but looks cool
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:51 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

there must be something else you are into Smashed...

Yes, I'm into hitting the refresh button over and over again to see if anyone has finally posted. I also eat, drink, and occasionaly, when I can't help it any longer, I finally asleep (and dream about hitting the refresh button....)

lol! lol! lol!

Seriously I'm into -

Sports in general (especially dodge ball and basketball.)

reading

I have a (very) small coin collection myself (nothing huge), but I have 48 (I think) state quarters, a few Jewish coins, a wheat penny, and a couple presidential dollars, and a few Sacagawea dollars.

Hanging out with friends

Trying out new things (Hmm, this list is starting to sound too much like Cory's, lol!)

politic (this year got me hooked)

Acting (I started in a homeschool drama group last year and I love it!)

I've got a ton more, but for some reason I can't think of them at the moment.....more later!
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Hot wheels collection!
Back to top Go down
---

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:41 pm

ok here's a little bit about me =p

obviously, you guys know I'm living to see another anime so I'll skip this part and focus on other
of my pass-time =D

since I'm a pastrie chef, I like backing lots of things =D I usually find myself backing for my room mate
and my friends usually anything that I want to have a bite of

I love building stensils, to draw on cakes

I sometime make models with a special playdoh and paint them, I've made a bom-om , kirby with a hat, a banana peel and a goompa
I make them then paint them

I actually like to hunt anime images on the web lol I have a total of 1467 images so far and hunt for more when I have time

I plan to paint the wals of my next room when I move to another appartment -.-
since I'll have time on my side, I plan to make something fun to watch
I also would like to paint a toilet seat @.@

and finally, I like my airbrush which I'll be using as much as I can to become good and would like to paint on cars =D I dont actually like cars but customisation is just so much fun XD
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:11 am

I'm still waiting on some baked goods from you En! And you paint toilet seats?!?!?! lol

I've just realized that i'm becoming a bit of a cook myself! I make awesome guacamole as well as great spaghetti....I'm a man of many talents! Cool
Back to top Go down
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

I've just realized that i'm becoming a bit of a cook myself! I make awesome guacamole as well as great spaghetti....I'm a man of many talents! Cool
it's a shame the many talents don't include modesty Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 pm

firegremlin wrote:
ForsakenLament 04 wrote:

it's a shame the many talents don't include modesty Rolling Eyes

Nah, he was being sarcastic Wink Laughing

Although, if he makes great spaghetti...I can forgive a good cook almost anything, lol!

Oh, btw. you two, we've started "werewolf" up again, so if you two are still interested, hurry up!
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:02 pm

lol actually, I can only cook a very few things...although I do think I make them rather well. I'd like to try making more advanced foods, but I'm worried about completely screwing up(food can get pretty expensive, so you don't want to waste it!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Well if you're talking about hobbies, I'd say I have a number of them. I like to draw a lot. Creative writing is also a small hobby I work with almost everyday, especially since I'm writing a novel. I also like to do models; Cars, planes, tanks you name it! Transformers is also a small little hobby of mine (I know, geeky Wink ). I love to repaint them and make them look much more realistic, sorta like painting a model car or robot. Anime is also a big one (Man, I'm a huge nerd!). Anyone else share my passions? Anyone? Come on! LOL! I also do sports. I'm very big on soccer and tennis as well as various martial arts. Soccer is an obvious one since I'm hispanic, but tennis is a pretty fun sport, especially if played under the right weather. As for martial arts, I'm not good by any means but I try to practice different styles just to keep my skills sharp. I do Muy Thai, Akido, and various fencing be it kendo or traditional. I'm still eager to learn more, but time can go against you when you try to do a lot.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:13 pm

@Luis - What's your novel about? Or do I have to wait till it reaches first on the New York Times list? (or whatever it's called) Smile

Basketball Starting with sports: I LOVE dodgeball with basketball coming in second Very Happy I do pretty well at dodgeball...but basketball Neutral ........well No ..........I enjoy it anyway, lol! Smile Wink . When I play it I've always enjoyed soccer (although I'm even worse at it than basketball......a lot worse)

As for my geek side, well....I've been playing around with an idea for a video game....I've actually written up several plot ideas and cool gameplay features (I've had a lot of fun creating the bosses Very Happy )

I think it might actually theoretically work if I knew how to code (3D), could come up with real dialogue, and stop coming up with ways to utterly destroy the player Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
@Luis - What's your novel about? Or do I have to wait till it reaches first on the New York Times list? (or whatever it's called) Smile

Basketball Starting with sports: I LOVE dodgeball with basketball coming in second Very Happy I do pretty well at dodgeball...but basketball Neutral ........well No ..........I enjoy it anyway, lol! Smile Wink . When I play it I've always enjoyed soccer (although I'm even worse at it than basketball......a lot worse)

As for my geek side, well....I've been playing around with an idea for a video game....I've actually written up several plot ideas and cool gameplay features (I've had a lot of fun creating the bosses Very Happy )

I think it might actually theoretically work if I knew how to code (3D), could come up with real dialogue, and stop coming up with ways to utterly destroy the player Twisted Evil lol!

Very Nice! Dodgeball was my all time favorite back in middle school! Loved it! As for my story, let's just say its an apocolyptic story that was originally a manga. Can't say much right now since its a W.I.P (Work In Progress) and something are bound to change. As soon as I have the final draft, you'll be one of the first people to read it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:47 pm

(off-topic)Thanks Blitzsword! (guest) Any ideas when you'll finish?

(back on topic) Recently I've been learning the piano. It takes patience but ti enjoyable. ...especialy since I have such a hard time getting to do anything fun lately. My lessons actually included the Star Wars theme and the Cantina melody! Very Happy

I'm also trying to find out a good starting point to learn programming for games.....unfortunately, everything seems to require another starting point. It's getting frustrating to still be looking after 3 months of books for the absolute beginner....can anyone here recommend anything?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Wow, funny coincidence Smashed, I too played the piano for a few years (not sure if i mentioned that when we started this thread a few years back lol). I never played any star wars themes, but I did play some Mario and Final Fantasy Themes...really a lot of fun. I haven't played in at least 2 years though...I should really get back into it. It really is a great thing to learn.
Back to top Go down
frozentreasure

frozentreasure

Number of posts : 294

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
(off-topic)Thanks Blitzsword! (guest) Any ideas when you'll finish?

(back on topic) Recently I've been learning the piano. It takes patience but ti enjoyable. ...especialy since I have such a hard time getting to do anything fun lately. My lessons actually included the Star Wars theme and the Cantina melody! Very Happy

I'm also trying to find out a good starting point to learn programming for games.....unfortunately, everything seems to require another starting point. It's getting frustrating to still be looking after 3 months of books for the absolute beginner....can anyone here recommend anything?

I'm actually in an Advanced Diploma course for games programming. The C++ Primer is a great textbook, but the order it covers everything might not be great for games. If you're trying to teach yourself, I don't know if I can offer any advice.
Back to top Go down
http://frozentreasure.com
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 pm

It is indeed. Cool I've just started my second year's worth of lessons, which I hope to finish before December.

Did you just pick up the themes yourself, or did you find the sheet music?

I also forgot to mention that I've been working off and on a lego model of the Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia for the last few months (I was really bored and had just won the game the day before, so I built a canon just for the fun of it and got sucked in from there!)
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 pm

@Frozentreasure - Thanks! I'm really just starting to learn at this point though, and I keep hearing how C++ is necessary but not a good starting point - Is this the case?

I don't mind if it isn't designed for game programming specifically . I like the idea of programming games, but I'm realistic enough to realizze that there's a lot of competition and it doesn't hurt to learn it in a way that gives me a fallback.

Last edited by SmashedBrother on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:52 pm

@Smashed-Although I did take lessons and I can read sheet music, I began playing by ear when I was a kid. That was my method of learning most videogame themes that I can now play. Of course, sheet music of most themes should be easily available online if you search in the right places.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:25 pm

My list of hobbies is really relatively small, I think. I'm not quite sure what I like to do often, really. I usually go with the flow and do whatever that comes my way. However, some things do come to my mind:

-Reading and making fun of bad fan fiction; granted, probably mean-spirited, but it is quite fun if you don't at least devolve into personal attacks

-Playing video games (rather obvious, I think)

-Seeing movies either by myself or with my friends (the latter is a better experience, but sometimes I want to be alone when I watch a film)

-Theorizing and thinking about various fandoms of mine; such as speculating on the Legend of Zelda timeline - it encourages creative thinking

-Hanging out with my girlfriend; there's nothing better than spending time with your significant other

-Listening to music - wouldn't call myself a music buff by any means, or able to play any instruments, but I love to listen to music

-Learning and reading about history as well as reading alternate history; fun stuff to look at what happened and what might have been
Back to top Go down
l33tsmasher

l33tsmasher

Number of posts : 221

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 pm

hhhmmmm..... hobbies, eh? well...

~video games and breathing

~Jumpstyle ^^" its a type of Hardstyle dance that is not as kool as the others, but the envirement i live in causes that to be the only one i can really do cuz no flat places xD its pretty fun :] hard on your legs tho :L sprained my ankle the other day cuz i fell back while doing it xD

~hanging with friends is also a hobbie of mine but i think everyone likes that Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobbies & Interests   Hobbies & Interests Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobbies & Interests
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: FTW General Discussion :: The Living Room-
Jump to: