For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment   Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:58 pm

RE5 Downloadable content: An Utter Disappointment
Game: Resident Evil 5
Developer: Capcom
Release Date: April 7th
Price: $5.00

I have yet to write my review of Resident Evil 5, as I have WAY too much complaining to do and not enough time to say it...I will however make a point about RE5's Downloadable content, which just released yesterday, in an effort to hopefully save some people some money.

Basically, I was excited for the DLC-it featured a Deathmatch(survivors) and competitive mode(slayers) for up to 4 people. Sure it's nothing overly fancy, but I found mercenaries to be the most enjoyable part of the game, so of course I had high hopes for this no content, despite the fact I had to fork over $5 for it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sadly, much like the game as a whole, this DLC was a disappointment. First and foremost, I enjoyed playing splitscreen mercenaries with friends and with my sister. It was exciting, challenging, and rewarding, and of course was great fun when you had someone to strategize and share the fun with right next to you. For god knows what reason, there is no splitscreen mode in this new content-just as my sister and I were about to boot the game up, we realized(to our dismay) that it was impossible to play together. This immediately killed the experience.

The situation grew even worse as I came to realize that this game looked startlingly familiar to the actual mercenaries mode. In fact, it was the exact same thing, save for the fact that two teams can compete or kill eachother. The time is still there for no real reason...and there is literally NO NEW CONTENT here. The levels are the same, the characters are the same, and the enemies are exactly the same. The only nuance here is the corny rock music that plays in the opening menu, and a new techno beat for the gameplay. This is a letdown.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And to add insult to injury, if you wanted to play as that awesome character you worked so hard to unlock in mercenaries mode, you'll have to get it OVER AGAIN. That's right, you worked hard for the character already, but now you have to BUY that same character AGAIN for an outrageous amount of points. Understandable if they were NEW characters, but a complete waste of time for the same skins you've been looking at. Oh, and one more thing, if you haven't unlocked all of the characters, expect to face hard times online....the default characters(normale Chris and Sheva) are nowhere near as powerful as Wesker and some of the other later characters.

Oh, and if you thought it couldn't get worse, keep in mind that this content was already on your game disc. That's right-it was already there, on the game you spent $60 on. So what is it exactly that you're spending $5 more dollars on? Well, in Capcom's words, a "key" of sorts to unlock it. I didn't mind paying a small fee for new content, but to have to buy what I already have...no that's ridiculous.

Is there anything redeeming here? Well, if you want to kill your friends, you finally have the chance...online, of course. This mode can be fun, however the gameplay is clunky and not designed for competition, so expect to just stand still and shoot eachother until one of you dies. Also the time factor is a completely idiotic addition portion of the gameplay, as you are literally forced to struggle just to play with one another for a decent amount of time. It made some sense in Mercenaries, but should have taken out in favor of stock or an adjustable time limit.

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
FTW Website Discussion
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm by Forsaken Lament 44
Hello everyone,

If you've seen my portal post, I'm sure you know what's going on. If not, go check it out. But I'd like to get people's opinions on what's going on with FTW. Please post them here, and vote in the poll.

Comments: 171
Video of the Week
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm by StarRoadWarrior
Howdy guys and girls. I wanted to take this opportunity to announce that I'm bring sexy back bring back the Videos of the week! To make this a big hit i want loads of member input on this so it wont be just videos that i have seen (which is alot btw) videos are not limited to just video games. they can be popular videos that have been seen by …

Comments: 110
Vote for your favorite Chat
Resident Evil 5 Add on Content: An Utter Disappointment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:46 am by Forsaken Lament 44
Hey guys,

As you may have noticed, the site has been pretty slow lately...but I know everyone's been doing a little bit of lurking, so by now I'm sure you've seen each of the different chats. I changed to Everywhere chat as it seemed like it was what most people wanted, but unfortunately it was buggy and kept Smashed and a few others from being …

Comments: 11