For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Metorid: Other M

Go down 
+2
Forsaken Lament 44
waaar81
6 posters
AuthorMessage
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

Metorid: Other M Empty
PostSubject: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:55 am

It seems we will be getting a new metroid, a different one from the prime series, called other M

Here is a trailer

Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:27 am

Damn, I've never even been a big Metroid fan, and I'm exremely impressed by this...this is the hard-core title many have been waiting for...props to Nintendo for this!
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 am

Ya agreed and from the looks of it, it seems like both a FPS and a 3rdPS
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:53 pm

This looks incredible! Is it just me or does it look like there are two Arans? I hope they don't over use the "clone Samus" idea.........

It might have third person, but it also possible that that it was just a temporary thing, like the screw attack on MP2..... (EDIT: Actually, it doesn't look like it now that I've seen it again)

I've always loved Metroid, especially the Prime series. I thought it was pretty cool how they combined puzzles similar to LoZ, while having monsters that were actually challenging (unlike LoZ). The Prime series did an incredible job of making the atmosphere IMO. (MP isn't a horror game, but it does a good job of keeping it tense IMO.....like with Frigate Orpheon at the beginning of the first game....While I haven't played many horror games, I actually find MP more tense in some ways, just because I'm not on my guard like I would be with a horror game.)

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
Darn, I've never even been a big Metroid fan, and I'm exremely impressed by this...this is the hard-core title many have been waiting for...props to Nintendo for this!

Ditto! Very Happy

Last edited by SmashedBrother on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:28 pm

i am really interested in this and i have not played any of the prime games soooo... i will be getting the prime trilogy that is coming out the 24 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 pm

i used to think metroid was not that great but my goodness! this looked pwnsome lol
Back to top Go down
guest 73

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:09 am

anyone think this looks good like i think it looks good?
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:19 pm

I tip my hat to Nintendo and Team Ninja actually making Metroid: Other M a different experience rather than just 'more of the same' of the Prime games. It definitely doesn't feel like one, and I think that's for the best. Had they tried to, I don't think anyone would be half as excited as everyone else is right now.

Definitely seems like we're going to be going back to the Metroid/Metroid II: Return of Samus/Super Metroid era of exploration and isolation. That adds a mechanic in that we haven't seen in quite a long time.. The story itself, shrouded in mystery as it is, should be fun to uncover. The blond woman with the headset is apparently not Samus...

I also expect this game to be quite a bit harder than many of the past games as well; after all, this is Team Ninja and while Nintendo's on board, they still have a say in difficulty, I'd think. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metorid: Other M   Metorid: Other M Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metorid: Other M
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: Consoles and Platforms :: Nintendo Games and Consoles-
Jump to: