For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

New Zelda Wii: Theories?

Go down 
+2
Forsaken Lament 44
Everlong
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

New Zelda Wii: Theories? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:54 am

Finally:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alright, everyone, discuss. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks for the pic Everlong! Been dying to see it! My theory about Link not holding a sword is that it's standing right next to him. That girl may be the Master Sword's spirit and could ultimately be used as a weapon. With all the craziness they have in the other Zelda games i.e. Link turning into a wolf, the minish cap, windwaker, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the theme to the new title. It's just a thought though.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:26 pm

You know, I've seen this theory quite a bit...she does look kind of sword-esque, doesn't she? But even so, there must be some kind of sword or melee weapon!

I've read some theories that this new zelda could be in a completely different realm than the previous games, and be it's own stand-alone story...which would be kind of nice.

And of course, there have been rumors of Nintendo wanting to make a more "modern" Zelda, with him actually existing in a variation of the modern world. I suppose it might be kind of cool to see him using more modern weaponry and riding (this is a theory) a brown and red motorcycle named "Epona"....although this would be pretty strange...

I suppose I'll be happy no matter what they do with it, as long as they make it harder than Twilight Princess. I remember the days when Zelda used to be a challenge, and I miss them.
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:41 pm

She does have that Master Sword look to her, especially with the diamonds. A modern Zelda would be nice, but I doubt that's the theme here. I don't think Link would be bothering with a sheild if that were the case, at least a shield that looks like it came from the middle-ages.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Link really doesn't seem older to me scratch

Blitzsword wrote:
Thanks for the pic Everlong! Been dying to see it! My theory about Link not holding a sword is that it's standing right next to him. That girl may be the Master Sword's spirit and could ultimately be used as a weapon. With all the craziness they have in the other Zelda games i.e. Link turning into a wolf, the minish cap, windwaker, etc, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the theme to the new title. It's just a thought though.

Wow, what was that I said some time back about great minds thinking alike? That's exactly my theory too!

@Cory - I suspect that it can transform, sort of like Midna was Link's shadow, and came out when you needed her. Actually, I think that if I'm right, the Master Sword would play a bigger part than Midna. We'll just have to see.
Back to top Go down
Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks for making a new topic, Blitz. The other one would've gotten very crowded. Now, I too believe that the girl is also the Master Sword from this comparison:

However, it's more like we're looking at the blade itself and her legs are the hilt. I would also like to note she bears an uncanny resemblance to the Fairy Queen from The Wind Waker:

Some have speculated now, considering Link's hair, that while this isn't a sequel to Twilight Princess (I myself believe Miyamoto might be fibbing to throw fans off), this could in fact be Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Link - perhaps the woman is actually...Navi? We never did get closure to Link finding her...
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Everlong wrote:

Some have speculated now, considering Link's hair, that while this isn't a sequel to Twilight Princess (I myself believe Miyamoto might be fibbing to throw fans off), this could in fact be Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Link - perhaps the woman is actually...Navi? We never did get closure to Link finding her...

Thanks for the comparasions Everlong! It definetly is interesting.......I don't think it's Navi....Nintendo seems to have forgotten about that series, though Majora's Mask really deserves a sequel IMO.....I'd like it, but I'm not counting on it.

I wouldn't put it past Miyamoto to try throwing the fans off either....
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Well now! I hadn't even considered the Fairy Queen! Personally, I like that idea a bit more than the personification of the Master Sword. Come to think of it, they really never give much information about the origins of the fairies, or their part in the creation of the world, etc.

I also like the idea of Navi coming back...she was a HUGE part of Ocarina of Time, yet, her fate is still unknown all of these years later...not to mention the fact that we didn't ever actually see what she looked like. I suppose overall what I'd like to see the most is a true sequel to the offical story of Ocarina of Time...while Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are technically sequels, they take place in such radically different times that they don't officially conclude the story of the true Link who started it all. I suppose this is what I'm leaning towards...

but then again...Miyamoto said it would be "completely different"...so all of these theories could be for not...
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm

HOLY COW!!! that is an epic pic and so many questions to be made from it. i agree with smash i would like to see a majora's mask sequel also or any zelda game that follows the story of any past game. i would put money that even though it is "new" i bet it will feel like some of the old game like i bet there will be a water temple and there will be a quest for 3 objects the followed by with a quest for several more objects i dont think that link will change this time (wolf link)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Everlong wrote:
Thanks for making a new topic, Blitz. The other one would've gotten very crowded. Now, I too believe that the girl is also the Master Sword from this comparison:

However, it's more like we're looking at the blade itself and her legs are the hilt. I would also like to note she bears an uncanny resemblance to the Fairy Queen from The Wind Waker:

Lol! Not a problem Everlong, though it was unintentional. Very Happy Thanks again for these comparrison pics. Like Forsaken, I never would've considered the Fairy Queen. Shocked Really does bring a lot of questions though not to mention a lot of excitment!
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:46 pm

You guys got it completly wrong.
If it's a sequel and something completly different from the others then I would say it is more like zelda 2 from the NES (what was it adventure of link or a link to the past somethin glike that). Smahsed should know about that game. It's the only one were I saw Link mature and is completly different and hard. It's more action RPG, you actually gain levels in this one.
Or it could be a was (like a strategy game but I would count on that but stiill that is completly different. But about the pic I think Blitzsword theory is the best until now

Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:15 am

you know what would be really cool if that was the cover for the game just in a painting form or something like that
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Personally, I'm going with the "Incarnation of the Master Sword" theory,

I really think the next Zelda game will feature motion plus, and swinging your sword constantly could be tiring. Sure, that's what they first said about Twilight Princess, and it wasn't true, but it could be with 1:1 motion. If that girl is the Master Sword, then perhaps it will limit how often Link would actually use his sword, eliminating the need to constantly swing your sword.

I don't see why it couldn't also be the Fairy Queen.

Edit: Oh, and as for style, I really hope that's what the game looks like. Instead of just Twilight Princess-esque graphics, I hope this new game keeps the Chalk/Charcoal looking style of the artwork.

Also, right handed Link AGAIN? WTF?!
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:23 am

I agree about the art style. The charcoal/water color look is reminiscent of Little King's Story, which is by no means a bad thing. Cel Shading looks nice, but it's always good to see an artistic change. As for the "mature" graphics of Twilight, they weren't bad...but they didn't leave much of an impression on me either. I'd like to see them put quite a bit of creativity into this and surprise us....

And btw, why does everyone keep saying that link looks much older? Personally I think he looks the same as in TP...but that's just me of course.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:37 am

Ever since that fateful night at this year's E3 when Miyamoto went on record about a new Zelda, fans of the southpaw elf boy have been in a frenzy to find out more. In an interview with Nintendo Power this month, the creative mind behind all things Nintendo, Shigeru Miyamoto, commented briefly on the next adventure, although his comments end up leaving us with - -you guessed it -- more questions.

Here's a new IGN article chronicling Miyamoto's recent comment about Zelda Wii:

~An older link. No Master Sword. It seems pretty different to us so far...The context of the quote is iffy, but Miyamoto is purportedly quoted as saying of the next Wii Zelda: "I don't think it's going to be that radically different."

That's all well and good, but is the godfather of gaming talking visual style? Is he commenting on things like dungeons, weapons, or main characters? Story? Era? We've already gotten word from Miyamoto himself that the new game will be Wii MotionPlus only, and from the first piece of concept art shown – and from our latest interview with him - the game looks to feature an older and sword-less Link. That seems radically different to us already…

Only time will tell, but one thing is for certain: All eyes are on Nintendo's flagship hardcore title, and development is most certainly underway. -Mark Bozon, IGN

Not radically different? What kind of difference would you consider radical? People on the forums have been complaining both sides-that TP was TOO similar to OOT and the series needs to change, and the other purists who believe Zelda should stick to its roots. This is a tough call for sure.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:33 pm

im confused was this some sort of leaked pic or something?
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 pm

As I think about it I just don't see it being Navi. Besides the fact that Miyamoto specifically pointed out that Link wasn't holding a sword (which really sounds like something's going on there), every major LoZ game so far has one, and only one, sequel. Sadly, I don't think Majora's Mask is getting one, much as it deserves it. I hope I'm wrong, but...... Sad

That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if it did turn out to be a sequel to Twilight Princess. Whatever anyone may feel about it, you have to admit it was successful. The pic also looks reminicent of Twilight...

Just an aside, but I'm really hoping they really improve the gameplay. Much as I love Twilight's story, the dungeons and sidequests weren't on par with either OoT or WW.

P.S. @Cory - I really don't think Link looks any older either. Maybe we're both just blind or something, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Zelda Wii: Theories?   New Zelda Wii: Theories? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Zelda Wii: Theories?
Page 1 of 1