For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:56 am

There's a buzz stirring on the internet right now about something gamers across the world have been wanting. Yes, that's right...a price cut for the PS3, and not only that, but a completely different, less bulky version. Many have called it the "PS3 Slim". While no official word has come out about it, the best we can do is speculate...

So any thoughts? Personally, if they did away with the Blue Ray and sold it 249.99, I'd be sold in an instant!
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

Number of posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:16 am

They can't do away with the Blu-Ray, the games are on Blu-Ray discs. People keep saying get rid of Blu-Ray, well it's too late now, they would need to re-issue every game on DVD format and start making DVD versions of each new game, that would cost A LOT! Plus each DVD format would end up on like four discs, MGS4 would literally be on at least four Discs (I think), the HDD install when you first play the game is more than half of what a DVD can hold.

If they made it slim they might need to end up adding a power brick, the PS3 doesn't have one because it's in the console, other than that it's pretty much just a lap top, so they could make it pretty thing. Cooling would be all I would worry about, and like I said, the power brick.

I'd be happy with a price cut, more people buy it, more money, better games, more people for me to play online against, more PS3 owners on here hopefully, I'm game.
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:09 am

Yay PS3 Slim, and a price drop with it, WOO HOO, more PS3 owners in he future, YIPEE!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY = link btw.

Last edited by koopa_under_fire on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:10 am

I still wont buy it ^^ any news yet?
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 am

pugsly1000 wrote:
I still wont buy it ^^ any news yet?

Sorry, links aren't very noticeable on here, the YAAAAAAAAAY was a link. If anything is every to happen though, I would be getting this over the original PS3.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:18 am

Well would it be cheaper?
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:23 am

pugsly1000 wrote:
Well would it be cheaper?

100 bucks cheaper, which is awesome.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:24 am

Ok then im buying it!!!! =)
Back to top Go down
koopa_under_fire

koopa_under_fire

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:27 am

pugsly1000 wrote:
Ok then im buying it!!!! =)

I know, that's what a lot of people are going to be like, granted, that's the price I got mine for over a year ago because of a fathers day special, I only got 40 GB and a larger PS3, and this is a 120 GB PS3 Slim, so it's a pretty good deal.
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:39 pm

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It;s still going to be a while before I can get it, but this really helps out!
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Im excited to buy it! sadly wont buy till about three months from now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...   PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 Slim...Just a rumor...or...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
For the Win! Gamer's Network :: Consoles and Platforms :: Sony Games and Consoles-
Jump to: