For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    How long will they survive Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

How long will they survive

Go down 
    +4
    firegremlin
    StarRoadWarrior
    BrawlBrotherKOking
    Forsaken Lament 44
    8 posters
    AuthorMessage

How long will they survive Empty
    PostSubject: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:49 pm

Which of nintendos franchises are most likely to survive such as mario,the legend of zelda,kirby,donkey kong, etc.
    give a approxiamte number of years you think each will survive
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:26 pm

very insteresting..well, it depends on the franchise i think...thing is, franchises like Mario and Zelda will most likely last as long as the company does...i really can't see them dying out....however, franchises like StarFox and Kirby may begin to fade out, if they haven't already...
    here's my list-

Mario-Life of the System (another 20 or 30 years??)
    Zelda- ditto
    Kirby- Maybe another couple of years...
    Starfox-I've heard from the IGN editors that they believe this franchise is near death b/c there's nothing left to do with it...I'm not sure, but it could die out soon...
    Pikmin-Another game or so?
    Animal Crossing- perhaps another game, maybe two...i can't see it sticking around much afterwards
    Donkey Kong-Unless they make a serious DK platformer soon, it could be reaching the end of its ropes

With the new philosophy of the wii, Nintendo may very well give many of its old franchises the axe in favor of new ones like Wii Sports and wii Fit. I suppose it's too early to know, but the possibilities aren't always good.
    Back to top Go down
    https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:33 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
    very insteresting..well, it depends on the franchise i think...thing is, franchises like Mario and Zelda will most likely last as long as the company does...i really can't see them dying out....however, franchises like StarFox and Kirby may begin to fade out, if they haven't already...
    here's my list-

Mario-Life of the System (another 20 or 30 years??)
    Zelda- ditto
    Kirby- Maybe another couple of years...
    Starfox-I've heard from the IGN editors that they believe this franchise is near death b/c there's nothing left to do with it...I'm not sure, but it could die out soon...
    Pikmin-Another game or so?
    Animal Crossing- perhaps another game, maybe two...i can't see it sticking around much afterwards
    Donkey Kong-Unless they make a serious DK platformer soon, it could be reaching the end of its ropes

With the new philosophy of the wii, Nintendo may very well give many of its old franchises the axe in favor of new ones like Wii Sports and wii Fit. I suppose it's too early to know, but the possibilities aren't always good.

mario-forever when the wii dies surely nintendo will make a new system lets hope it doesnt become the next dreamcast
    donkey kong-was one of nintendos first games i think donkey will die out with the wii
    kirby-same as donkey kong
    zelda-5-8 more years srrsly IMO
    Pikmin-possibly,hopefully another game fr the wii
    AnimalCrossing-probably will die after a wii game
    Back to top Go down
    BrawlBrotherKOking

BrawlBrotherKOking

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:22 am

Hey Zosh nice to meet you king

well hmmm...

Mario: as long as nintendo is alive is their signature
    Zelda:about the same is a classic and every game gets better loved Twilight Princess
    DK: Well all of DK's games after the SNES are well ok nothing classic if they made a DK game with like mario galaxy style with beautiful sceneries and stuff I think about 10 to 15 more years.
    Kirby: 10 years they havent made a game in like forever <___<
    Starfox: R.I.P.... even tho I main wolf LMAO

The king king
    Back to top Go down
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:05 am

mario/zelda: end of time
    DK: unless a new GOOD game comes out in the near future MAYBE 10-20 years
    Pokemon: very near the end Sad
    Kirby: same as DK
    Pikmin/AnimalCrossing/Starfox: maybe 1 or 2 more games but i dont care about them lol!
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp;amp;amp

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 am

Jody2089geno wrote:
    Pikmin/AnimalCrossing/Starfox: maybe 1 or 2 more games but i dont care about them lol!

I guess i mainly like starfox because of the characters in smash they seem....cool so i like the serires
    Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Jody2089geno wrote:

nah, pokemon will still be going strong for, like, a decade but they might run out of names for it earlier lol! It'll still be going but it'll be the same old thing tweaked very slighted Crying or Very sad
    ~firegremlin~
    Back to top Go down
    BrightScales
    Pug & Yoshi Fan!
    BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:06 pm

i think they alll will go on forever!
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:42 pm

thats how your getting so many posts <_< your posts are short <_<''
    317! WTH
    Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:17 am

knnoing nintendo they will milk every single one of those series until they become bankrupt - which will be in the VERY distant future!
    ~firegremlin~
    Back to top Go down
    waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I would say :

Mario/Zelda: Until nintendo bankrupts and sells the name (very unlikely)
    DK: Maybe another game per system only
    Starfox: One last game
    Metroid: another 10 years

I Don't know about the others

But I would like to see more RPG related games on the wii!!!
    Back to top Go down
    http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
    BrightScales
    Pug & Yoshi Fan!
    BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:42 pm

mario-forever
    donkey kong- mario basicaly replaced DK as main character of nintendo so.. its going to end
    kirby-is not already dead???
    zelda-still REALLY popular 10 years
    Pikmin-isnt that dead too???
    AnimalCrossing-It will stay for awhile 5-8 years
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Well Mario will be around for a while, as for pikmin, they're working on the third one right now, so i say it still has a good ways to go.

As for Kirby and Starfox, i think their best days are behind them.

As for DK, I think he's been caged in the mini-game style, and it may be a while before he gets a game which is worthy of his name.
    Back to top Go down
    Everlong

Everlong

Number of posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:20 am

Short answer: As soon as Nintendo stops making money on all of them. Laughing

Longer answer:

Mario - I seriously doubt that Mario will ever end; since it's not really set any constraints on its universe, it really has no bounds that it can go before it 'jumps the shark,' so to speak. This has been proved by Mario not being confined to any one genre.

Zelda - To an extent, I think it's similar to Mario, albeit to a lesser extent. You might have to drop the time line idea to get this to work, but I do believe that Zelda is one of the things that could go on and on - after all, if each is a 'legend'...

Kirby - No idea, I mean, I heard it started to tank when Sakurai left the series anyway...

DK - Needs moar Donkey Kong Country. 'Nuff said.

Star Fox - ...Um, was there anything even good after Star Fox 64?

Metroid - Much as I hate to say it, I think I can see it coming to a close very soon; after all, what's left for Samus? Her universe isn't all that expandable like the other characters'...

And that's about all I got for right now.
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 pm

As for Star Fox, I actually enjoyed Star Fox Adventures(it was made by Rare...I'm not sure if they could do it again without them) if they are able to blend the star-fighting gameplay with Zelda-like adventure, I don't see why it needs to end...there's plenty they could do with it.

As for Mario, I'm wondering where they'll go with it next...many are expecting Mario Galaxy 2, which would be cool...but it may prove difficult to keep things fresh afterwards...
    Back to top Go down
    waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Well Mario can go on as long as they want. They could send Mario to another dimension where he has to find a way to get back and save the princess or he could travel time or where he has been reduced to the size of an insect.
    People can have tons of ideas for a way to make a new game. Some may be reeally bad but others have lots of potential
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:52 pm

They made him shrink and get really big in Mario 3 AND Mario 64, and it was pretty cool...so I'd like to see that. Mario in another dimension? Something like that happened in Mario 2(US), and we know how that turned out....
    Back to top Go down
    waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Mario 2 was a dream so.......... it wasn't real lol.
    But in another dimension mario, peach, luigi could all get sucked up in another dimension and all land in different places . It could also be an RPG. I think it would be better if it would be an RPG.
    Back to top Go down
    firegremlin

firegremlin

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:57 pm

waaar81 wrote:
    Mario 2 was a dream so.......... it wasn't real lol.
    But in another dimension mario, peach, luigi could all get sucked up in another dimension and all land in different places . It could also be an RPG. I think it would be better if it would be an RPG.
    Sounds like to jody to me!
    btw SMB2 was actually a different game which nintendo took out the main characters and replaced them with mario, luigi, peach, and toad
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:19 am

yeah, that's right gremlin...so basically, if they want to be original with the mario franchise, all they need to do is create an entirely different game, then change is suddenly near the end of production to a mario game...talk about original...and most likely crappy...lol
    Back to top Go down
    waaar81

waaar81

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:49 pm

What? I did enjoy Mario Bros 2 alot
    It was really different from the other and looked harder..... I think.
    PLus the bosses in mario 2 where much better, specially since in the first one all you had to do is jump over them lol
    Back to top Go down
    SmashedBrother
    Administrator
    SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Everlong wrote:
    Short answer: As soon as Nintendo stops making money on all of them. Laughing

Longer answer:

Mario - I seriously doubt that Mario will ever end; since it's not really set any constraints on its universe, it really has no bounds that it can go before it 'jumps the shark,' so to speak. This has been proved by Mario not being confined to any one genre.

Zelda - To an extent, I think it's similar to Mario, albeit to a lesser extent. You might have to drop the time line idea to get this to work, but I do believe that Zelda is one of the things that could go on and on - after all, if each is a 'legend'...

Kirby - No idea, I mean, I heard it started to tank when Sakurai left the series anyway...

DK - Needs moar Donkey Kong Country. 'Nuff said.

Star Fox - ...Um, was there anything even good after Star Fox 64?

Metroid - Much as I hate to say it, I think I can see it coming to a close very soon; after all, what's left for Samus? Her universe isn't all that expandable like the other characters'...
    And that's about all I got for right now.

Lol, I agree with you for the most part, but actually Metroid has a lot of elbow room. Once Samus gets too old or whatever, they could always have her have a kid who happens to become a bounty hunter with their mother's weaponry etc.(Possibly. Hopefully not anytime soon though) Also (more likely) I suspect the other bounty hunters will start getting some of the limelight(I'm pretty sure I remember somebody (think it was a director) of Metroid Prime Hunters mentioned wanting to do exactly that).

Metroid isn't as expandable as Mario, but I'm betting it has quite a ways to go before it goes.

As for Pikmin (which isn't on the list above) I'm not really sure. I will bet that even if Pikmin itself eventually stops it's style of gameplay will be pretty permanent.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long will they survive   How long will they survive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How long will they survive
    Page 1 of 1