For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
    Latest topics
    » Thank You!
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
    xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Statistics
    We have 116 registered users
    The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Empty
    PostSubject: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:53 am

We always knew the Japanese didn't care for the 360 nearly as much as their native systems, but who would have thought that it would have come this far?? I find this news shocking, actually, despite the fact the fact that it's fairly clear the Japanese never had any real love for the system. Japanese developers still produce plenty of games for the system, and it really is such a big player, it's hard to fathom this happening. I think this is definitely an indication of a much larger trend: the vast difference between gamer taste between the U.S. and Japan. While American games don't seem to be selling in Japan, Japanese games seem to be phasing out here as well. This could indeed be the latest step towards a gaming situation where the bulk of games played in a country were developed in that same country...which would be a sad outcome, to say the least.

Any thoughts?
    Back to top Go down
    https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
    StarRoadWarrior
    Administrator
    StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:19 am

its funny 'we' hate the wii a nintendo console and im sure japan has read this news and are shocked so its no surprise (or to me at least) that japan does not like the 360 i guess that sells are WAY low in japan for them to remove the system that is just extreme to be honest
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
    firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am

I wasn't really surprised, the PS3 is its main competitor and you're always going to like stuff from home than abroad. If a console was built in Scotland, I would buy it without hesitation - it just boils down to patrioticism.
    Back to top Go down
    SmashedBrother
    Administrator
    SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Hardly patrioticism. The simple answer to why people are more likely buy from a domestic company is the fact that they understand the local market better. I could get into a rant about the differences in taste between steriotypical American and Japanese gamers, but this comic says it much better than I could (even if it exaggerates a little)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's the link to the TV Tropes article on "Kirby is Hardcore in America" That I got it from - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:11 am

I would agree with Smashed. I think there is simply a growing dichotomy in tastes towards games. While I DO NOT agree that the 360 is all about shooters, violence, gore, explosions and other manly and over-the-top American cliches, we must face the fact that that is how most people view it, especially in Japan by the looks of things. I think people in America love Japanese games as they always have, but this popularity seems to be increasingly eclipsed by the rather large shadow of the 360 and American games. It seems to me that Japanese games are falling behind the trends that most American gamers are following, causing Japanese developers to feel less inclined to export their properties stateside. I would argue the reverse is true as well, as I doubt there is a huge market for games like Halo, COD, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock, or even Uncharted in Japan. It's just a different taste, and I fear this dichotomy is growing and could lead to some sad changes in gaming in the future.
    Back to top Go down
    SmashedBrother
    Administrator
    SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:15 am

While I'm somewhat inclined to think that companies will adapt, I'm pretty much in agreement with what you have to say (despite certain myths about me, I even agree that there's more to the Xbox than shooters and cliches. Wink )

It really boils down to whether the companies can remain profitable in two different markets. Many games, such as Mario or LoZ, can usually be enjoyed across the board, but that's not true of many other quality games. We'll just have to wait and see........this development is certainly more drastic than I would have expected, regardless.
    Back to top Go down
    Forsaken Lament 44
    Administrator
    Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 2:12 am

I too am rather surprised. However the exclusives that the 360 boasts likely fall on deaf ears in Japan. It also seems that Japanese developers may fall into the more "patriotic" sentiment that Fire mentioned...it seems they're more inclined to develop for the playstation, which of course would bode well in the Japanese markets.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves   xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

xbox360 being removed from Japanese Store Shelves
    Page 1 of 1