For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review   Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When people think of anime based games, they'll automatically think "lackluster". With so many Naruto games out on the shelves, very rarely will you find a gem amongst them. Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is one of those gems. The game is a 1 to 1 fighter that doesn't restrict you in a traditional 3D ring - you've the ability to move around and about within the arena as you fend off against your opponent. The mechanics are fairly simple but difficult to master. There are about 44 different playable characters each with his/her own unique fighting style and Ultras. There are also 23 fighting stages to choose from. Modes available include: Story Mode, VS. Mode, and Online Mode. Within VS. Mode, you can choose between Single Battle or Team Battle. Single Battle allows you to only pick one character to use against your opponent. Team Battle allows you to build a squad of up to 3 Ninja from the character select. Now, this doesn't mean you'll be able to use all three of them in battle like Marvel V. Capcom, but it does give you the ability to send them off into battle to aid your main character. This is the traditional way to play in the Ultimate Storm series whereas Single Battle is a new feature that was included in Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

Online Mode is really straightforward. There are a few options to online: Ranked and Standard as well as Friend invites. With Ranked, one can fight several players to gain points. These points will slowly increase your status and level within the leaderboards. Standard is just fighting opponents for fun without the use of ranking. Friend Invites are pretty standard to online games; create a room for your friends to participate in.

Story Mode is a mode that you don't necessarily have to play if you're just in it to unlock characters. Personally, I found Story Mode to be a fun experience. The story starts off at the beginning of the Shippuden series with Naruto returning to the Leaf Village after two years of training with Jiraya. The story ends with the climactic battle against Naruto and Pain. Throughout Story Mode, you'll fight off many battles and encounter many bosses. There are also side quests one can take on in order to gain more money or other rewards. Don't worry, the sidequests are optional and the story doesn't stray off from the manga or the anime; it stays on point for the most part. Even though Story Mode is just an in-game mode, the story is very rich, almost rivaling the anime and manga itself. There are many cutscenes with plenty of dialogue. If you're not up to speed with Naruto, the Story Mode will help you. Like any game, there are boss fights in Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. The Boss battles are perhaps the best part within Story mode. Boss battles are your traditional battles with added quicktime events to get you into the battle itself towards the end. It really feels like you're in the anime.

The audio in the game is beautifully done. The background music really suits the mood and doesn't feel rushed. Most of the levels have their own unique style and mood and the music really adds to the atmosphere of the levels. The voice acting has never really bothered me like it has with anime purists so I'll have to admit some bias. I personally enjoy my English Dubs and if you're like me, then you'll have no problem with keeping it that way. For those who prefer Japanese audio, well you're in luck; you've the option to change it to Japanese audio with English text. In my view, its great that they gave fans the options of different audio.

Visually, this game is impressive. The character models and stages are all cel-shaded detail that will not disappoint. Ultra moves are cinematically done and truly a joy to look at. As mentioned before, Story Mode Boss battles are the real deal. It's something you'll have to experience for yourself. Truly, this is one game that mixes both gameplay and visuals with successful execution.

All in all, this game is worth it if you're a fan of the Naruto series. Even if you enjoy a great fighting game it's still worth picking up. It's not out there revolutionize the fighting genre, but it's definitely a great experience that everybody should try. It's available for both PS3 and XBOX 360. Check out the video below for a visual of what the game looks like.

Back to top Go down
SilensCaelum

Number of posts : 616

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review   Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Great review, Blitz! I think you pretty much sold me on this game. I downloaded the demo and I really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed it more so than Marvel vs. Capcom3. I guess I would be lying if I said that I enjoyed hardcore fighting games, because I don't. I had my go at mvc and it was just way too difficult for a novice such as myself. Perhaps I will pick up this game instead. I am not a huge naruto fan, but I did love the other game that Fors and I would play (forgot which one). I also like the fact that the fight isn't limited to a small stage and is not as linear as most fighting games. Great review Blitz, I think I might pick this one up!
Back to top Go down
http://Last.fm.com/thestardweller
Blitzsword
Administrator
Blitzsword

Number of posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review   Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:13 pm

I hope you do Skye. MvC3 is really a tough game to master. Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is one I'm sure you'll enjoy. Let me know if you ever pick it up. Thanks for the feedback as well! I'm glad you enjoyed my review Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review   Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Review
Page 1 of 1