For the Win! Gamer's Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The number one forum community for videogames and online gaming!

HomeHome  FTW ChatroomFTW Chatroom  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 419 on Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 am
Latest topics
» Thank You!
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 1:52 am by SmashedBrother

» So, what've you all been up to?
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 11:43 pm by frozentreasure

» Splatoon - The best shooter of the last decade?
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 am by StarRoadWarrior

» Lets Play!
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am by frozentreasure

» So, anyone still here?
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 am by SmashedBrother

» Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and 3DS!
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Gaming to do list
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» StarRoadWarrior's Blog?
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 pm by StarRoadWarrior

» Just Completed (insert game name)
Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm by l33tsmasher

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Statistics
We have 116 registered users
The newest registered user is nellradxkv

Our users have posted a total of 18064 messages in 767 subjects

Smash Bros 64 Memories

Go down 
+5
BrawlBrotherKOking
waaar81
BrightScales
firegremlin
Forsaken Lament 44
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

Number of posts : 2293

Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:04 am

wow, that really was very well done...it brings back a lot of memories and reminds me of just how much i loved the first Smash Bros....you know, after watching that vid, i almost feel like the original is my favorite overall, but i'm not completely sure...

Roy-I admire that you mained Ness back then! I remember all of my mains stayed far away from him! I remember most people being Link or Samus...
Back to top Go down
https://ftwgamingnetwork.forumotion.com
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:34 am

its really funny no of my mains have stayed the same from the first game to now

SSB: luigi, link, yoshi

SSBM: mewtwo, kirby, G&W, bowser, Dr. mario (top 5 most used)

SSBB: toon link, lucario, G&W, Wario, pit
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:22 pm

ForsakenLament 04 wrote:
wow, that really was very well done...it brings back a lot of memories and reminds me of just how much i loved the first Smash Bros....you know, after watching that vid, i almost feel like the original is my favorite overall, but i'm not completely sure...

Roy-I admire that you mained Ness back then! I remember all of my mains stayed far away from him! I remember most people being Link or Samus...

Thanks, though I originally went in this pattern, before I was pwning with everyone anyway.... this all happened in about a month

1. I only had the original 8, so I went with Link, because he was the only character I recognized and liked.

2. I eventually went to Kirby, for his floating, excellent recovery, copying abilities and general awesomeness, I mean, he was basically indestructible, I only died at like, 150%+

3. I then just moved over to Ness, I had unlocked him, with a bit of difficulty, he was the hardest one to unlock in the game, with the highest requirements and I had trouble defeating him to unlock him as well, so I tried him out and loved the PK thunder, it then made me really indestructible, since no one was able to land a hit on me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:14 am

Here's how it went for me:

SSB: I started out with Mario, since he was already my favorite Nintendo character at the time(I was 12). I also messed around with Kirby, but found my true skills with Pikachu...all my friends tried to stop my amazing skills, but they failed miserably!

SSBM: I tried to keep up with Pikachu, but they weakened him greatly, especially his thunderbolt which ended up being very short...but just like I found Pikachu before, I found Marth this time. He worked out perfectly for me! I abandoned Pikachu...mainly because at that point, i felt that having only ONE main was the best way to keep my skills strong...

SSBB: I maintained Marth as my main, but once i started playing online, i realized that in order to be competitive with everyone else, I HAD to break my own policy and have more than one main! And now, here i am....I main almost half the characters in the game!
Back to top Go down
TALL-A

TALL-A

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 pm

i bet their going to put it on wii shop channal u better beleave im getting that. then ill do a comparison: SSB distant past, past, and present(i would do past present and furtre but it wouldent fit in right).
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:31 pm

you know, i'm surprised they haven't released it yet...they should have released it with Brwl, like they did with Mario Kart...

And you could do Past Present and Future, just guess at what the next game will be like!
Back to top Go down
Kagemaru

Kagemaru

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:16 pm

pugsly1000 wrote:
and to think...that game used to be the most awsome graphics lol

My thoughts exactly pugsly, i was just arguing with my friend weather or not mario had fingers in the first one.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:37 pm

I think they were more like blocks, but hey, I was stunned when i saw the first 3D game...so blocks or not, i went crazy for it! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Of course it didn't matter, it was the first break from 2 dimensions, we were just excited to have this new way to play, basically, Super Mario 64, didn't need to be a game, it could just have been, running around and it would still have sold millions, because it was so new and exciting.
Back to top Go down
Kagemaru

Kagemaru

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 pm

that is so very true, the jump from 2d to 3d was an epic mark in the video game industry. im glad we have come so far, it really is better to run around on 3d instead of 2d. im playing the new Re: Chain of Memories (not to get off track, more than we have) and it is so much better than the GBA one, cause 3d is a lot more fun to run around in Razz
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 6:32 pm

well, to me, 3D was unbelievable...something i had never seen before, and I played games like crazy before the N64 came out! I was so used to the the standard platformers like Mario and Sonic, and to see something different was just stunning...and while i think your comment is somewhat true Roy, I also think Mario 64 was an amazing game regardless...

you know, the funny thing is that Smash is really viewed from a 2D perspective! sure it really is 3d, especially if you rotate the camera and such, but it is a game that could have easily been on SNES or even Ninendo if you think about it!
Back to top Go down
StarRoadWarrior
Administrator
StarRoadWarrior

Number of posts : 3628

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:59 pm

do u know what smash would look like if it DID come out on the NES? there would only be about 5 fighters and 2 stages lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=819220343&amp
firegremlin

firegremlin

Number of posts : 2244

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:12 pm

it's funny how you lot are talking about how amazing the switch from 2D to 3D was and I'm sitting here thinking what? you see, I grew up on 3D games (excuding the gameboy) and so I suppose I take it for granted. I can't rea;;y imagine games which are 2D or character which have ovals with stubs instead of hands with fingers! i jyst goes to show what a lot of grandpas you lot are - In my day...
~firegremlin~
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:28 pm

well, think of it this way...MY parents played "pong" on the original Atari, which was basically 2 lines and a dot...pretty pathetic right? so to them...NES was really amazing...lol Who knows what might come next...and who knows how brawl would be effected by it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:15 pm

All that I know is that the graphical technology can only get so realistic until it's at a point where all the consoles are at the graphical limit, they all basically look the same and so it's just going to be down to:

1) What console has the best lineup of fun, inviting games

2) What console has a fun way to play

Obviously Nintendo would be partially on top with their console because it would have some sort of interactive control scheme, but still, eventually videogames are, not may, but they unfortunately are going to die out because of the "System wars" that are competing against each other. Let's be realistic, how many more Mario and Zelda games can they really press out of Shigeru-san before he dies that will actually be as good as when 3D first existed? How many games can actually have as good a story as the first 3D games? By the time the developers realise this in 10 years, it'll be too late, it won't matter which console you release something on, they'll all look the same and play the same, so by the time the realise that they should stop focusing on how great it looks and work on the actually fun part of the game, gaming will have started to die out.

In fact, now it's not even about good games or game consoles, it's just about making a giant hunk of plastic and machinery that can: Play movies, music, chat to friends, download games, connect to the internet, do everything a computer would be able to do, but it will also be able to play games. Nintendo is currently the only company that is still somewhat focused on games, since they have the only true "Games" console left, that was only designed to play games. Sure, you can mod the wii to play DVDs, but without hacking into it, you are getting a device that will play only games, the only parts that aren't about games are the photo, news and forecast channels, which no one seems to use anymore. But bloody hell is the Wii a games console or what, it plays games from, wait for it, 10, I think even more possibly, gaming platforms, not only making it the only games console left, even if the others were games consoles and not just media devices the Wii would still be the ultimate games console, it is the current leader of the generation, it will be, but after this generation, I just don't think that games and games consoles are going to have the great name and reputation that they once did, this is as good as it gets before it all just becomes redundant.
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:32 pm

I agree with you to a point Roy. Is there a problem with games only focusing on graphics? of course! graphics can only get so advanced before people begin to get tired of them...I mean, how much better can graphics get than what's already on the PS3/360? Right now, I believe the hardcore section of the gaming community is focused on graphics, but that really can't last much longer...in time, all systems will have the same graphics, and those graphics will be so good it will be impossible to get better....

But don't think that will stop the gaming companies...THIS is precisely the reason why they addfeatures like messaging and blue ray players....because they want sales! The PS3, for example, has really only made it this far because of its blue ray player and a few select games...otherwise it's essentially the same as the 360, except with A LOT less games...but you have to keep in mind, that even Nintendo will have to follow this trend eventually if they want to stay in the game...

And as for the future of gaming...I doubt games will die out...people love them too much today, and it makes far too much money to die out. Again, the companies will keep on thinking of ways to keep gaming going...and I think Nintendo has already done that. Knowing that graphics couldn't keep people interested forever, it instead sought to revolutionize gameplay itself through more immersive gameplay. I'm sure this trend won't end with wii. I expect the wii2 to push it to the next level, and I really expect the PS4 and the next XBOX to use motion control as well....the problem for Nintendo is that they will no longer be the only one with this tactic, and will face even bigger challenges from tons of AAA games from Microsoft and Sony WITH motion control....
Back to top Go down
SmashedBrother
Administrator
SmashedBrother

Number of posts : 2107

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:23 pm

@Forsaken - You said mostly what I'm thinking.

@Roy - My two cents - If Nintendo suddenly became utterly stupid (and frustrating as the casual theme has been, you have to admit it's not a bad buisness move....although if they continue going to the extreme casual side on everything.....that would be.) it might kill itself, but seriously, I don't expect Nintendo to stop with the wii.

It's got a headstart, and if it's smart, then it'll try to have a new ace up it's sleeve when the xbox ???? and PS4 come out with motion control.
Back to top Go down
BrightScales
Pug & Yoshi Fan!
BrightScales

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:17 pm

in SBB I used the following characters:
yoshi
jiggly
pickachu
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 pm

SmashedBrother wrote:
@Forsaken - You said mostly what I'm thinking.

@Roy - My two cents - If Nintendo suddenly became utterly stupid (and frustrating as the casual theme has been, you have to admit it's not a bad buisness move....although if they continue going to the extreme casual side on everything.....that would be.) it might kill itself, but seriously, I don't expect Nintendo to stop with the wii.

It's got a headstart, and if it's smart, then it'll try to have a new ace up it's sleeve when the xbox ???? and PS4 come out with motion control.

Hmm, do you think there should be a separate thread for this topic?
Back to top Go down
Forsaken Lament 44
Administrator
Forsaken Lament 44

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Well back on topic(if you want to continue the other one, just split the conversation or make a new thread)

What was your guys' favorite stage in SSB64?

Personally I loved the mario stage based off of Mario64...it was simple and small...which made for some excellent matches!
Back to top Go down
waaar81

waaar81

Number of posts : 2366

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Im not sure actually, I liked zelda's stage and starfox stage the most I think
Back to top Go down
http://watchbleachepisodesonline.50webs.com/bleach_episode_guide
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smash Bros 64 Memories   Smash Bros 64 Memories - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smash Bros 64 Memories
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2